“Home away from home, & great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Calgary Historic Bed and Breakfast at Twin Gables

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Calgary
Prices are for rooms, adults
Calgary Historic Bed and Breakfast at Twin Gables
Save Saved
You added Calgary Historic Bed and Breakfast at Twin Gables to your Saves list
611-25 Avenue Southwest, Calgary, Alberta T2S 0L7, Canada (Southwest Calgary)   |
Ranked #9 of 52 Calgary B&B and Inns
Montana
“Home away from home, & great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010

Deirdre really made her home feel like it was ours for our brief (two night) stay. Our room and beds were very comfortable. The bathtub in the Executive Suite is probably large enough for Olympic pool events! Well, OK, I exaggerate but it's really huge. Breakfasts were great and varied.

One of the best things about Twin Gables is its location -- quiet enough that I didn't hear a thing outside after retiring for the night, yet an easy 5- to 10-minute walk to a slew of wonderful restaurants. Best of all, since we were in town for a hockey game, the Pengrowth Saddledome was a simple 15- to 20-minute walk away, and safe, too. I bet we got back to the B&B before some of the people who drove to the game were even able to get out of the parking lot. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2010

Great ambiance. Hosts were very accomodating and very knowledgeable about the history of the home. Breakfast was well done - eggs benedict were exceptional. Room was very inviting.

Close to numerous restaurants.

Would come again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

What an interesting house! The rooms are large and extremely well appointed. I'm in the Executive suite which is huge and furnished with both Victorian and useful modern furniture and fixtures. The bathroom is a particular delight with its fully functional but mesmerising original plumbing. Breakfast was delicious and Deirdre tries to please. She anticipates guests' needs so well that there was nothing I needed that wasn't there already.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2009

I am very much like a previous reviewer. I travel a lot and am hotel weary. Besides, I want an experience, not just a hotel night. B+B's and special inns give me that. So, Twin Gables sounded great, was a great value at $150 a night plus tax and a $20 round trip cab cost to get to my all-day training session. Deidre was very flexible for my later arrival. I was up at the top of the gorgeous historic house in a Gable room with a view of the city skyline. Clean, comfortable and as fully appointed as any high-end hotel. The iron (top of the line and in pristine condition) and board were there as requested. Best part? I slept so well that I was fully prepared for a busy day. Deirdre's breakfast fuelled me for the day. We had discussed what I might like the evening before and it was perfect. She and her husband are friendly, relaxed and so helpful. My cab was at the door as she had ordered. My second night was equally relaxing but I had to leave off breakfast as my early business meeting was to be a breakfast. Deirdre wanted to make sure I had my tea when I woke up and could she asked to get me juice to hold me over until I reached my meeting. In between I learned the history of the house. It was indeed an experience. I highly recommend Twin Gables for a business or personal stay.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

We stayed with Deirdre & Henry at the end of a 3-week tour of Western Canada, & finished on a high note.
From the moment Deirdre welcomed us in & gave us an informative tour of the house with its fascinating history we felt at home. Our loft room had a view of the spectacular city of Calgary from the skylight & all over the house there were pictures and artefacts that told a story of the house (built in 1910) or family. And with all this, discreet modernisation meant that the comforts we take for granted today weren't missing. And the breakfasts were substantial and varied.
We only met Henry once fairly briefly but enjoyed an excellent glass of wine and pleasant chat with him. Deirdre was a mine of information about the city and answered any questions we had about how best to spend our limited time in Calgary. The house is in a charming leafy suburb, yet only a few minutes walk from the lively 4th Avenue with its shops & restaurants and less than half an hour walk or a few minutes on the bus from Downtown.
You won't regret staying at Twin Gables I promise you.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Mem
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

Twin Gables is a beautiful Bed and Breakfast with charming rooms that maintain the historic integrity of the home while offering the comforts and amenities of the present day. The Anne of Green Gables room is an adorable bedroom. In the room, there is a window in the ceiling that opens to provide you with a pleasant breeze and a magnificent view of the downtown skyline. In addition to the room, there is a private bathroom with a beautiful antique bathtub from a bygone era.
While the bedrooms are charming, so too are the other rooms throughout the house. The dining room is quite elegant, and breakfast is exceptional. Deirdre and Henry Brost are excellent hosts. They helped my mother and me with our luggage, getting directions, and anything else that we needed. Our stay at Twin Gables was truly delightful, and I would highly recommend it to others traveling in and around Calgary.

• Stayed July 2009
Shingle Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

This B & B is furnished with quality period antique furniture and accessories. It is located near downtown and a 5 minute walk from several good dining options.
The hosts Deirdre and her husband Henry are friendly and very hospitable. Our room was huge – with a very comfortable king size bed, two recliners, desk, Jacuzzi tub and much more. The table was set beautifully for breakfast and the food was good.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Calgary Historic Bed and Breakfast at Twin Gables? Share your experiences!