“AMAZING PLACE TO STAY!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lakeview Signature Inn Calgary Airport

Save Saved
You added Lakeview Signature Inn Calgary Airport to your Saves list
Lakeview Signature Inn Calgary Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2622 39th Avenue NE, Calgary, Alberta T1Y 7J9, Canada (Northeast Calgary)   |
Ranked #7 of 98 hotels in Calgary
“AMAZING PLACE TO STAY!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I recently spent a week at this hotel. I was there with a large group of athletes (34 female teens) for a National Qualifier. I can not say enough about our wonderful stay. The rooms and all that was in them was excellent but the 5 star rating I give this hotel is not for the amenities but rather for the staff. From the hotel manager to the staff who kept the hotel clean I was nothing short of amazed at the customer service. It felt as if they were taking care of us in their own home. We had the chance to speak with many of the staff and indeed almost everyone we spoke with had been working at the hotel for a long time...it was like a home away from home for them and they extended that feeling to us. The staff were obviously very proud of the facility and always did their utmost to help make our stay comfortable. I would not hesitate to suggest you stay at this hotel. I would return with my own family or with a large or small group of athletes. It is convenient to a lot and the drive into downtown Calgary was less than 15 minutes once we figured out the best route (we were competing at The Talisman Centre). We found going through downtown was the quickest route! Thank you to all the staff at The Lakeview Signature Inn - you made our stay one we will never forget. We stay in a lot of hotels and I would say yours was the best experience to date! I can't post this review with a big thanks to the kitchen staff who bent over backwards to help us meet the breakfast needs of our large group. Can't wait to visit Calgary again!

Room Tip: We loved the 2 bedroom suites with full kitchens (the gas fireplace was a real added bonus)!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
John F, General Manager at Lakeview Signature Inn Calgary Airport, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for your very kind comments about the Lakeview Signature Inn, and especially about our staff. Your group's one week stay would probably have put virtually everyone in contact with almost every member of our staff.
Speaking on behalf of our employees here, we thoroughly enjoyed hosting you.
It is apparent your athletes are very focused. We are glad they had the opportunity to stay on their nutritional diet, and hopefully within your budget, by having in suite food preparation options available. It is a point of difference important to a number of our serious athletic guests.
We wish you all the best in your future swim meets, and hope we might have the opportunity to do it all again one day.
"Don't forget to breath," is the current Tourism Alberta slogan. To me, it seems an appropriate wish to extend to a swim team. Cheers!

224 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We recently stayed here and was disappointed, we asked for 2 beds and told there was one bed and a pullout couch, fine. Arrived there to find out no shuttle service to the airport because our flight was too early, ok they will phone for a cab and told us because we were arriving the following week after 11 then again be no shuttle. We had the same night clerk gentleman both times, not a hello, good morning, or a good night, the personality of a gnat. Arrived in the room which was very clean and then had to make up the couch ourselves both times. Breakfast the next morning was ok could of been warmer though. Will definately not stay here again or reccomend it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
John F, General Manager at Lakeview Signature Inn Calgary Airport, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Even in light of it not being the most positive review we have received here on TripAdvisor, I thank you for it. It is important to us. I believe your are to be commended on an evaluation that is as fair as yours, in spite of not feeling well received by the staff member you mentioned. I apologize for what was apparently a less than fulfilling experience with us. Further, I understand that due to it, you would stay elsewhere next time. I believe being happy while travelling is the most important thing.

Regarding our shuttle service hours (6:30 am to 10:30 pm, 7 days per week), we do not wish anyone to be disappointed on arrival only to find out the time they arrived is outside our shuttle service hours. We have posted these hours on our web site. Alternately we are readily available to answer that question over the phone either here at the hotel or at our central reservations office. I can appreciate anyone's sudden frustration upon arrival at the airport with an expectation that is not fulfilled.

We stopped pre-making our sofa beds upon receiving guest feedback that when the sofa bed was re-opened by the incoming guest, they looked slept in and unchanged from a previous guest. We have what I and others think are fabulous two bedrooms suites, apart from that, we do not have a typical hotel room with two double beds. In spite of them being in excellent mechanical shape, I would not attempt to suggest to anyone that a fold out sofa bed can match the comfort of a real bed; although they seem to properly fulfill the needs of various guests whom we have the pleasure of accommodating.

Again, thank you for your very honest review. It is important to us.
Ameliasburg, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Lakeview was used as an overnight stop and provided a very comfortable room with plenty of space and a good hot breakfast in the morning. Service was very good from pick up at the airport to checking in and out. The hotel/suite was very clean and in a great location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
John F, General Manager at Lakeview Signature Inn Calgary Airport, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for your review on The Lakeview Signature Inn.

We appreciate what we believe to be the fair and accurate observations that you provided.

We are here to listen and provide a guest hotel experience that is as true to the sense of hospitality as we are able to make it.

I am glad we were successful during your visit.

I hope we have the opportunity to host you again when in this area of Calgary.
Medicine Hat, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We have stayed at a number of hotels in the Calgary area and I'm finding that more and more the downtown hotels are both too expensive and too noisy from late night revelers. My family was in Calgary recently for a provincial swim meet at the Talisman Centre and I was looking for a decent room with at least a kitchenette and enough room for the family to spread out for a few days.

I found this hotel via searches on various booking websites and the reviews were favorable. I have been disappointed with reviews in the past but I'm happy to report that this hotel lived up to all the positive reviews. We booked the 2 bedroom suite with full kitchen for a 4 day stay. The Lakeview is located just off Barlow Trail south of the airport and is close to major connector roads like McKnight Blvd. and Deerfoot Trail. The location proved to be very good for us and even with weekday commuter traffic in the morning, the commute to the Talisman Centre traveling through downtown, door-to-door was right at 20 minutes. Without traffic, we were able to do the trip in about 12-15 minutes.

Upon check-in at the hotel, I found the front desk personnel to be very pleasant. There is a large jar of cookies for guests and also a basket of fruit to choose from. The room itself is very spacious with 2 bedrooms (each with a double bed), 2 bathrooms, a full kitchen w/dining table and a living room area. I've stayed at a number of places that claim to provide a fully stocked kitchen and that is normally lip service. Not so with the Lakeview as I found I didn't really have to bring along the cutting board, bowls, serving spoons, pots or other kitchen items I'm so used to having to bring. The kitchen is well supplied and they even keep a roll of paper towels on the counter. Nice touch! There is complementary popcorn & bowl waiting plus housekeeping leaves 2 coffee packs instead of the usual one. For those with electronic gear -- there are plenty of outlets throughout the suite. The only glitch is that the wi-fi to the room we were in was a bit sketchy though during out stay we were given information on a trial wi-fi network only for our floor to evaluate. Once we were able to connect to that network, much better wi-fi experience.

The beds are very comfortable and there are plenty of pillows. We were very pleasantly surprised to pull out the sleep-sofa and discover a proper mattress! This is truly a rare find but just one more item that made our stay pleasant.

The breakfast items changed daily and there is enough variety that we all had our fill. I appreciated the fact that the breakfast opens at 6am on weekdays as too often we're up too early to take advantage of any breakfast offering.

I was hesitant at first about staying out towards the airport but in the end we found that the size of the suite, the little touches to make sure we had what we needed for the stay, plus how nice the hotel staff are is enough to make us want to stay again. I would definitely recommend the Lakeview Inn to my friends and family.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
John F, General Manager at Lakeview Signature Inn Calgary Airport, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for the very kind review. We appreciate you sharing it.

As you express so well, our two bedroom suites might be a great answer to many guest needs. On a cost per bedroom basis, they are our most economical. Given that each bedroom has it's own dedicated full en-suite and vanity area, it can be helpful for some of us not to have to show ourselves until we are ready to greet the world. (Although that probably isn't anyone's situation apart from my own in the mornings.) The fact that the bed and bathrooms are private from the living area can make the experience a bit more civilized. For those with different tastes in TV entertainment, 3 different broadcasts can all be viewed at the same time, or pop in a 'free-to-guest' DVD movie in any of them. - Sharing one popcorn bowl could be a greater challenge with 3 TV's however. One a more serious note, when both cost and diet are important to athletes, our kitchens can help address those priorities.

While we don't consider ourselves to be a typical 'team' hotel (we have no regular hotel room double-double bed arrangements), we are happy that some teams such as yours have found us, and that it seems to have served your needs well. Incidentally, we're happy to be welcoming more swimming teams at another upcoming meet hosted by the Talisman Centre. We are fortunate.

Thank you also for your kind comments toward our staff. The guest experience would not be worth writing about if they didn't do what they do every day.

Cheers!
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This was my first time at the hotel and I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms are well maintained and finished at a medium level. I had a one bedroom unit and it provided good space. The full kitchen is a bonus for those wanting to take a break from restaurant meals. If you do not have a car there is limited choice for dining within walking distance. Overall a good choice for those who do not need to be downtown and want more room to spread out.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
John F, General Manager at Lakeview Signature Inn Calgary Airport, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for your comments. They are welcomed and very appreciated.

Our objective is to be just the hotel you described. - A good solid well maintained, clean establishment that emphasizes value and a friendly connection with our guests. We are fortunate to have the type of employees who strive to be proud of what they produce. We believe there is a market segment looking for that. You and other TripAdvisor reviews seem to support that belief. - We are grateful.

Restaurant selection of course depends on what one is looking for at a given time, Adjacent to us is the 'hard to beat' Cactus Club Cafe, a 24 hour Tim Horton's, and an A&W. Within an average 15 minute walk: casual restaurants include Chilli's Southwestern Grill, Chianti's (Italian), Boston Pizza, Husky, Perkins, and Tony Roma's. Quick service restaurants include Burger King, McDonald's, Wendy's, Kristy's Chicken, and Arby's. Steakhouses are represented by the Cattle Baron, Dalton's, and Carvers. Other upper casual restaurants include Joey's and Earls. And there are more. Beyond these 19 restaurants, or including them, when not on airport trips, we offer our hotel shuttle to take guests to other local eating establishments with our compliments. - It's a 'value added' part of our product. Speaking of which, don't forget the weekday light evening snack we offer our guests on a complimentary basis right here on property.

Downtown Calgary is a wonderful place and has great restaurants. It has much to recommend. In our area, we simply try very hard to offer high competitive value to our guests.

Thanks again for being our guest. I hope we have the opportunity to do so again soon.
Pincher Creek
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

The hotel was the base for group meetings we were holding in Calgary. The rooms were very comfortable, especially the beds (I even had to ask what brand they were because I'm looking for a new mattress) and very quiet (you didn't hear doors slamming or showers running). The meeting room worked well as did the spacious breakfast room and they also provided a light supper several days, which meant we didn't have to go searching for restaurants all the time. The manager was very accomodating and gave us the use of extra lobby space when needed. The staff was very friendly and courteous and took the time to relate with the guests, especially the the kitchen staff, who went out of their way to make us feel at home. The only downside would be that there was no shuttle available before 6:30 am.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Your comments are very appreciated. Thank you for them. We are glad your time with us was enjoyed.

We don't often get to see reviews on TripAdvisor from our meeting guests. A special thank you for that.

I am glad your stay and meetings with us achieved the level of satisfaction that we were both looking for. On behalf of the employees of our hotel, yours was one of the best groups we've ever had the pleasure of hosting. Hats off to your organization.

We also appreciate your comment regarding the shuttle and your group's need for airport transportation prior to 6:30 am. Our shuttle hours are currently under review, so your timing could hardly be better.

All the very best in the future to you and your organization - and a big thank you for the business.
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

It was our first time to visit Calgary to attend a funeral. We had the late night flight. We were picked up at the airport by John, Korean national, the shuttle driver, he was awesome and very polite. the check-in was smooth and we headed to our hotel room. We stayed in a studio suite. The bed was very comfortable and it the suite was equipped with a little kitchenette an advantage if you are staying long term. In the mornings, the hotel offered a buffet breakfast, all day fruits and cookies at the reception. There were a light evening meal treats if you are to stay from Mondays to Thursdays between 5:30- 7:00pm. You can also request for a shuttle service to the mall. Our shuttle driver were a Filipino national, addressed as Kuya and Ahmed. Both were very courteous and helpful. The housekeeping staff were quick to your needs and made sure that rooms were clean and tidy. Due to lack of time,we wish we could have taken advantage of the fitness center and the salt water pool. The check-out was a breeze too. Arlene, the daytime receptionist was very helpful and so as the evening gentleman receptionist. Our overall stay in this hotel was a very enjoyable and memorable one. Every staff made us feel they want us to come back which we would in the future trips to Calgary.

Room Tip: The room 311, is a good exercise if you love walking, it is a bit far from the elevator.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
John F, General Manager at Lakeview Signature Inn Calgary Airport, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
It is wonderful of you to personally name those employees who helped your stay with us be more positive. - Our condolences for the loss of someone meaningful in your world. We know it is a difficult time. As a hotel, we see the need to be particularly sensitive in these matters.

We appreciate you comments and thank you for them.

As you mentioned, we do look forward to welcoming you back to Calgary under less stressful circumstances.

Truly.