“It's a wonderful experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lakeview Signature Inn Calgary Airport

Save Saved
You added Lakeview Signature Inn Calgary Airport to your Saves list
Lakeview Signature Inn Calgary Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2622 39th Avenue NE, Calgary, Alberta T1Y 7J9, Canada (Northeast Calgary)   |
Ranked #10 of 99 Hotels in Calgary
Montreal, Canada
“It's a wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

It was our first time to visit Calgary to attend a funeral. We had the late night flight. We were picked up at the airport by John, Korean national, the shuttle driver, he was awesome and very polite. the check-in was smooth and we headed to our hotel room. We stayed in a studio suite. The bed was very comfortable and it the suite was equipped with a little kitchenette an advantage if you are staying long term. In the mornings, the hotel offered a buffet breakfast, all day fruits and cookies at the reception. There were a light evening meal treats if you are to stay from Mondays to Thursdays between 5:30- 7:00pm. You can also request for a shuttle service to the mall. Our shuttle driver were a Filipino national, addressed as Kuya and Ahmed. Both were very courteous and helpful. The housekeeping staff were quick to your needs and made sure that rooms were clean and tidy. Due to lack of time,we wish we could have taken advantage of the fitness center and the salt water pool. The check-out was a breeze too. Arlene, the daytime receptionist was very helpful and so as the evening gentleman receptionist. Our overall stay in this hotel was a very enjoyable and memorable one. Every staff made us feel they want us to come back which we would in the future trips to Calgary.

Room Tip: The room 311, is a good exercise if you love walking, it is a bit far from the elevator.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
John F, General Manager at Lakeview Signature Inn Calgary Airport, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
It is wonderful of you to personally name those employees who helped your stay with us be more positive. - Our condolences for the loss of someone meaningful in your world. We know it is a difficult time. As a hotel, we see the need to be particularly sensitive in these matters.

We appreciate you comments and thank you for them.

As you mentioned, we do look forward to welcoming you back to Calgary under less stressful circumstances.

Truly.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is a lovely airport hotel with clean, very comfortable suites and well appointed decor which incorporates some beautiful photography of Western Canada. There are several restaurant options nearby.
I booked the hotel because the price was right and it offered shuttle service to the airport. My first disappointment was discovering on arrival that the shuttle does not begin service until 6:30 AM. This was not made clear when I booked online and I was in need of a 5:30 AM transfer. I was informed on check in that I would require a taxi and needless to say, this resulted in an extra expense of almost $26 which was unplanned—upsetting, to say the least. Though I had anticipated that the breakfast included in my reservation would likely not be available at that early hour, I have stayed in airport hotels which provide a boxed or bagged breakfast to very early travellers. That said, I accept that this does not happen in all airport hotels but it is worthy of some consideration. Next, I requested a wake up call for 4:45 am and was told I would receive it. I did not. Luckily, I had also programmed my cell phone for that hour in order to ensure that nothing else went wrong and I am ever thankful that I did. As indicated, there was no wake up call. I called the desk at 5 am (having been awakened by my cell phone) and was told that the wake up call was on file but the desk clerk had no idea why it had not gone through. Had I not relied on my cell phone, I obviously could have missed my international flight!
This is my first experience with writing a review on Trip Advisor but the whole experience has been so disappointing that I wanted to share it--especially in light of the highly positive reviews written by others. I want to reiterate that this is a physically pleasant, quite nice hotel. However, my experience with the service was more than disappointing.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review. It is important and we appreciate it.

With great sincerity and humility, I apologize for missing your wake-up call. They are often, as in your case, very critical items. Just as on the guest side, we certainly don't like it when things go wrong. It assault's our sense of capacity for what we do. I do not know what went wrong in your case. We may never know. It is obviously fortunate you had a cell phone fall back. (I use my cell phone alarm also when I travel. You never know.)

Breakfast-in-a-bag is a reasonable suggestion for departures prior to the opening of our breakfast service. We will be happy to give it further consideration.

Your necessary departure prior to the 6:30 am start of our shuttle service would certainly have been inconvenient and an extra expense. That is not our intention. Booking a room on line is not an issue, however it sometimes does not describe every service that may be quite important to a particular guest's needs. We do make that information available 24x7 on our own website. Additionally, either our central reservations department, or a call or email to the hotel direct can readily provide this information as well.

We appreciate your compliment on the physical side of the hotel. Our employees are very diligent in keeping it in great shape.

We deeply appreciate all comments. Thank you again.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This hotel became a home away from home. I was there for a few weeks and felt comfortable, safe, and superbly accommodated. The hotel is very clean, the staff are awesome and friendly - they will go above and beyond to create a great experience for you. Rooms are spacious and beds are very comfy for terrific sleeps. I enjoyed the pool and hot tub as well as the simple but useful fitness facilities. Hot breakfast everyday, a dinner reception weeknights, access to a computer and printer for business needs.Thanks to John and the gang for a great stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
A big sincere thank you 'Thank You' for the kind review.

We are very glad that all went well while you were with us. We're well aware that a hotel can sometimes become a very lonely place when business requires us to go on the road. I am happy that that was not your experience. A stay of some weeks would feel much longer otherwise.

Thank you for your review and for being our guest. We are truly appreciative.
Canmore, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed in a studio suite and it was clean and very comfortable. It had a lounge type sofa and a lounge chair. It was so nice not to have to use the bed to watch T.V. The little kitchenettes would be perfect for a longer stay, however...Monday to Thursday they have a little reception from 5:30 - 7:00 which serves great fresh food. I didn't even have to venture out for dinner, which was a good thing as it was -17 and blowing. They also offer a great breakfast buffet included in the price of the room. Good coffee, fresh fruit, cereal with all the fixings...eggs, waffles, bacon, toast, bagels, muffins, juice....etc.etc.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
John F, General Manager at Lakeview Signature Inn Calgary Airport, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for your review. It and your kind words are very much appreciated.

As you know, there are many hotels in our immediate area. Many with large chain affiliations and much larger marketing and advertising budgets than we can every hope to have. Word of mouth, such as in TripAdvisor, is a cost effective means of communication in which we can compete - and conversely, are fully exposed by. These reviews are important to us. Thus, happy guests are important to us.

Please come and see us again when your travels warrant a stay in northeast Calgary.

Cheers!
High River, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We took advantage of the airport parking and shuttle service. Our driver knew our arrival time and waited beyond his shift to pick us up at the airport, and then to assist us with a jump start to our cold and dead battery car. We certainly appreciated is dedication and professionalism. A heart felt thanks at -24 degrees C.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
John F, General Manager at Lakeview Signature Inn Calgary Airport, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. It provides very important positive reinforcement to our employees that they are in the right mindset and are appreciated by our guests.

There certainly have been a few very cold snaps in Alberta lately. I'm glad our shuttle driver was in a position to help you out. Standing in the extreme cold by a car with a dead battery is an experience we would hope for no one.

With appreciation, we look forward to your return.
North of 49
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at the Lakeview in July while passing through Calgary and again on New years Eve. The suite style rooms are great offering plenty of room to lay out your work or to just relax, and with kitchen amenities you can whip up a snack or meals if your on an extended stay. The staff were all great on both stays, the breakfast area is large and food selection is just fine. Good restaurants are as close as a very short walk and Tims is right next door to grab that coffee for the road in the morning. Wether driving through or needing to be close to the airport the Lakeview sure works for us.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
John F, General Manager at Lakeview Signature Inn Calgary Airport, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for your review. In honour of you having been here on New Year's Eve - Happy New Year!

We are delighted to read that, having previously stayed with us, you returned. That is of course a key component to the success of most businesses. We offer sincere appreciation.

Those of us here at the Lakeview Signature Inn consider ourselves fortunate to have quality restaurants next door. (For the record, we have no interest in any of them.) Of course, the Canadian icon, Tim Horton's, is as close to some of our rooms as is our front desk. And just beside that is A&W.

For a full service restaurant and lounge experience, I've seen few that beat The Cactus Club Cafe. It is adjacent to our parking lot. Our employees always enjoy the opportunity to confidently recommend the Cactus Club when a guest enquirers. No guest has ever came back telling us that was a bed idea, quite the opposite. We are lucky to have these restaurants immediately next door.

Of course, there are numerous other recommendable restaurants within the are as well.

Thanks again for being our guest.
Canmore, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Nice property with suite style rooms, great midweek simple dinner buffet and breakfast included with rates. Well kept, quiet sleep, would stay again. A few good local spots for dinner as well. service was friendly and quick, plenty of parking and free wifi.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Your review appears to have been well thought out, organized and concise. I will try to do the same.

Thank you for it. We are happy to see the efforts we put in have been met with a degree of success. That makes the day of many people here.

Please know that we share these reviews, good, bad, or in between, amoung everyone here. In case we ever forget, they remind us who we show up for in the morning.

Thanks again.

Been to Lakeview Signature Inn Calgary Airport? Share your experiences!