“A good choice near the airport” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #15 of 98 hotels in Calgary
Dallas, Texas
“A good choice near the airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This hotel is located near 24 Ave and Barlow trail. Nearby are Days Inn and Four Point Sheraton. Conveniet location about 12 minutes from the airport. You can find restaurants nearby also.

The hotel is new and nicely furnished. My suit was modern with a kitchen. Everything was new and modern. Bathroom was spacious with all toiletaries. Linens were nice and clean. A good size flat screen televison had a good choice of channels.

The maid service does not clean the suite on daily basis but they freshan up the bed, replace towels and replenish the toiletraies.

My check in was quick. First they offered me a room facing Barlow trail. When I asked for a one away from the street, receptionist said they were full. I said I am going to stay 7 days and certainly need a quite room since I am a light sleeper. The supervisor or manager heard me and after checking with the computer found me a room away from the street. But during my 7 day stay, I found the staff quite welcoming and helpful.

In the reception lobby they kept ccokies and juice for the guest. There is a coffee station in the dining area which is open 24x7. A library and a nice business center with free use of computer is also located on the first floor.

Like other comparable hotels in Calgary, this is not an inexpensive one. This one is part of Holiday Inn chain so you get the points if you are frequent guest of the Holiday Inn.

Breakfast was very good with choices. The hot items had eggs cooked different ways on different days, potatos and sausage or bacons and all sorts of breads, fruits, yogurt, cake etc.

On Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays they serve complementary buffett style dinner with soft drinks. Items were diferent on the three days. The calender on the refrigerator listed the menu for each day.

I used the fitness center with tread mills, eleptical cardio machine and an universal type gym and some dumbells. Clean facilty. There is an indoor swimming pool. The courtyard has covered spaces with grills for the guests.

The guests can use the washing machine and dryer at no cost. Detergents can be purchased from their little store behind the reception.

I got the feelings that the staff wants you to return to their hotel and try their best to be good hosts.

If I return to Calgary, I would definitely consider staying here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
StaybridgeYYC1, Guest Service Supervisor at Staybridge Suites Calgary Airport, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
It is our brand of hotel that we are proud of, and the amenities we have to offer to our guest. We are mostly proud of our location so that all our guest are pleased as to our closeness to businesses such as shopping malls, car rentals,and a variety of restaurants . Thank you veary much for choosing the Staybridge Suites Calgary Airport and we are glad that we can offer you all that you expected from us

244 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Dakota Dunes, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed in 2 room suite and we had the king sized bed which is uk size of super king!! Other room had two king size beds. Lovely top quality bedding, extra pillows. Excellent shower and bath with large vanity sink. Breakfast was amazing! Lovely presentation and choice of foods. Staff were so helpful and kind. I wish more hotels were like this in Uk. We definitely be staying again!! Well done Staybridge! Shuttle bus to airport was quick too.

• Stayed October 2012
StaybridgeYYC1, Guest Service Supervisor at Staybridge Suites Calgary Airport, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
When valued guest like your self have an incredible experience with us while in Calgary, Makes the management team and the staff of the Staybridge Suites Calgary Airport feel proud that we have provided and have succeeded in making our guest feel home like and comfortable. We as a team would like to extend our thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to let us know what a memorable experience you had encountered while staying at your home away from home. We look forward in welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

This is a great Hotel..I am a regular there and the Service is always 5 Star! At the reception desk, Shaf or Chow always ensure that my room is just as I have registered and at the correct price.

Maintenance staff are terrificm when an ice maker needed replacing in the Fridge they were right on it. Shower: there is always plenty of hot water and great water pressure on any floor I have stayed. The channel guide for the TV is especially welcome and saves the dreaded time wasting channel search at some of the brands of hotels. Housekeeping: Very polite and efficient....room is perfect every time right down to paper towel at the sink and plenty of pillows on the bed

Location: Plenty of convenient parking and a good location for access to major roads to the Airport, Downtown, local restaurants and even the car wash and gas station. Works for me!!

Room Tip: Book in advance as this property sells out fast
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
It is guest like yourself who we have to thank on a daily basis for comments like this. As we always offer a very comfortable stay as well as providing excellent customer service for everyone; it is always so pleasant to read kind and honest comments, we as a team take pride that we have succeeded in making our guest feel comfortable with their stay. We look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I would NEVER spend another night at this hotel, and not just because the air conditioning did not work in my room. My reservation was booked online one month in advance for a 1 bedroom suite on the first floor as I was traveling with elderly parents. Arriving early for check-in at 3pm, I was told that only upgraded accommodations were available on the first floor. Willing to cover the additional cost to stay on the first floor, I asked how much the difference would be. The front desk clerk was unable to check me into a 2 bedroom upgrade on the first floor and went into the back office. General manager Arif [--] came out yelling "Do you want a defective room?" He was going on about how online bookings do not guarantee requests and was so incredibly rude that I was stunned. His tone did not soften until I picked up his business card at the counter. There were 2 clerks behind the front desk and guests who came in behind me who witnessed his total lack of hotel management/customer service skills. I was put in a second floor room with the promise that he would do what he could to get me moved to the first floor. Once settled in to our second floor room, we did not want to move - until about 8pm when our room never cooled and we learned that the air conditioning was not operational. It was 80F degrees and humid in our room, but noticeably cooler in the hallway. Upon contacting the front desk about the air conditioning, we were offered a fan. After a sleepless night, we were offered no comments at check out until I reminded them that the air conditioning was not working and requested to be compensated for my one night's stay. The general manager, Arif [--], grudgingly offered a $30US refund on my $160US room. This man should not be managing anything - I can only imagine how he treats his employees if he treats his customers like this.

This hotel is a Holiday Inn franchise property. The hotel itself was lovely and clean, and all other staff members were professional and courteous. But the general manager Arif [--]'s unprovoked verbal attack on me at check in, not to mention his failure to provide me with an air conditioned room, will preclude any future stays at this property.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Calgary Airport, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Fran33602,

Thank you for choosing our hotel to stay with. I am deeply sorry you received service that was less than satisfactory. We are hospitality professionals and pride ourselves on delivering world class service. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We started our 9-day stay in Alberta (to see the Canadian Rockies) by spending the first 2 nights in Calgary. We picked the Staybridge because it offers a full-size suite. Two complete rooms with large screen TV's in each. A full-size refrigerator/freezer and oven, stove-top, microwave, and a large kitchen sink - with granite countertops and cabinets. It was like having a living room, kitchen, and large bedroom. This was exactly the kind of place you want to unwind in after a long flight.
The hotel offers a complimentary buffet breakfast and, on Tuesdays through Thursdays, a complimentary supper buffet as well. Internet is free throughout the property, including free use of computers on the first floor. There are all the expected amenities, as in any hotel chain, but this hotel looks and feels new. If you don't want to rent a car, there is a free airport shuttle and convenient public transportation right down the street. (Hint: Don't rent a car at the airport. Wait until 24 hrs. later and rent from places near the hotel. Save $$)

Room Tip: All suites are equally great.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for sharing with us your most recent experience. It is of great pleasure that we have met all of your expectations on what we have to offer. As our team lives hospitality and ensures all of our valued guest receive nothing less then 100% satisfaction from the minute they enter our front doors. We hope and will be glad to welcome you back with open hands to exceed your expectations once again, Thank you for choosing us
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Great Apartment :)Breakfast was supplied daily, with dinner 3 nights a week. But the thing that stood out to me the most was how friendly the staff where. I spent nearly a month there. It really felt like a home away from home.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
StaybridgeYYC1, Guest Service Supervisor at Staybridge Suites Calgary Airport, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you very much for sharing with us your most recent experience you had with us. It is of great pleasure that we have met all of your expectations on what we have to offer and we hope and welcome you back very soon so that we can offer you the same hospitality.
Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

My wife and I stayed here recently on the Sept long weekend and part of the week for four days. It was our first time at a Staybridge. We were happy with everything. Front desk was great check in and check out. Questions were quickly answered and a nice conversation would usually happen. Freshly baked cookies were a nice treat as you walk in the door. There was also fruit for the guests. The guest manager Shaf was helpfull more than once. I needed tape etc to Fedex some boxes and it wasn't a problem. The kitchen staff was also helpful when i needed utensils.
Free parking, wifi, and a Hot breakfast are nice extras that save you money.
All the other stuff was a bonus. Indoor pool with big slide, a small fitness room, and even laundry facilities (what a great idea). They have a complimentary meal for guests on Tues, Wed, and Thursday evenings. We had chicken quesadilla one night and hamburgers another night. Another way to save some money and time !!
The room itself was great. It was a complete two room suite. Kitchenette with all plates, pots, utensils, glasses, etc. It had a full size fridge, stove, microwave, and dishwasher (with soap). The livingroom area was fine with couch, coffee table, and a couple of nice chairs to watch tv and relax. The other half of room with a door to close for privacy, was the bedroom and bathroom. A second tv was also in the bedroom.
We even invited my wife's parents over for dinner in our hotel room! I've never done that before at a hotel. We cooked everything in the room and also used the guest bbq (another great idea) in the patio area to cook up some fish and steaks.
From now on, whenever we return to Calgary, I don't need to look around for a hotel because I've found the best one that we like. We will definately return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
We are most proud of our brand and thank you so very much for your kind and honest comment from your recent stay with us. Not only do we welcome all of our business travelers, but we are also proud that we can make our family travelers have a comfortable visit as well. The amenities we offer to all of our guest are most amazing and we are privileged to be able to share them and assure us that we offer all our guest a comfortable and a memorable experience to last a life time.

Thank you for choosing us!!

Been to Staybridge Suites Calgary Airport? Share your experiences!