“Best place ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Spruce Meadows

Spruce Meadows
18011 Spruce Meadows Way SW, Calgary, Alberta T2J 5G5, Canada (Southwest Calgary)
+1 403 974 4200
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 229 Attractions in Calgary
Type: Equestrian Trails, Sports Complexes, Horseback Riding Stables
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Based in Calgary, Canada, Spruce Meadows is the brainchild of the Southern family who built a Show Jumping complex at the foothills of the Alberta Rocky Mountains. It was in 1976 that the first Spruce Tournaments were held, with annual spectator attendances reaching over 50,000 by the end of the decade. Today, Spruce Meadows boasts one of the greatest outdoor equestrian venues in the world and offers an incredible experience for riders and fans alike. Spruce Meadows focuses on the organization and hosting of show jumping tournaments of unmatched quality for junior, amateur and professional athletes in a manner that reflects basic family values in a clean, green and welcoming environment that celebrates the horse and encourages the breeding and training of quality sport horses and the teaching and development of athletes.
Toronto
“Best place ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Spruce Meadows is amazing. I horse lovers dream. Highlight of any trip to Calgary. Will go back next time I'm in town.

Surrey, Canada
“Best deal in Canada”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I have always wanted to go to Spruce Meadows and watch show jumping. We saw Ian Miller and Eric Lamaze jump on our visit and it was wonderful. I did not expect the whole park to be so great! It was the best deal around - $5 admission and free parking. There are many rings with shows going on, dog shows, places to eat and picnic. There are free horse and buggy rides or tours in golf carts. It is well worth a visit.

“Wonderful horse events”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Beautiful arena, well run events.Met all expectations. We plan on returning next summer. We will stay at Worldmark Canmore. What a great resort in a beautiful setting.
Downside: Long walk from parking lot for 2 70+ folks.

Heyfield, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Stunning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

If you are a horse enthusiast, it is well worth the trip. Stunning grounds and show jumping.The North American series was on the weekend I went and there were dog demonstrations. A highlight was having a photo taken with on of the stallions who is my Australian mare's grandsire.

La Crete, Canada
7 attraction reviews
“Beautiful, exciting and well-kept!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We loved our visit to Spruce Meadows! I have been a fan of show jumping for years and for our 15th anniversary my husband took me to watch and experience Spruce Meadows. It was everything I had hoped for and more! The staff was very friendly, the grounds clean and well-kept, and the jumping spectacular! We will bring our children next time...it is a very family-friendly place!