“Joke” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Spa Europa

Spa Europa
100E 1029 17 Avenue SW, Calgary, Alberta T2T-0A9, Canada (Mont royal)
403-229-1578
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #89 of 139 Activities in Calgary
Calgary, Canada
“Joke”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This place is a joke! There is no "luxury" here. My daughter-in-law and myself where given certificates for spa packages, that cost just over $400.00 each. They were purchased several months apart and when my daughter-in-law called to book the appointments she was told that it was under new management but they would honour both certificates, no problem. One was purchased under the previous owner, who still works there. She booked us in for a Friday afternoon, we were both booked for the same time and arrived on time. When we arrived, it was in the basement of the building, old dated furniture, not that clean and NO other customers, that tells a lot on its own as most 'spas' are booked weeks in advance, especially for packages for two.

The fellow on reception was totally unprofessional, no appointment was booked, no one was working, he offered to call in an employee who didn't live too far. We told him it was unacceptable and unprofessional. We purchased and booked in good faith, my son took the day off to babysit their 3 children, I took the day off and now we would have sit and wait for one employee to arrive and one of us would be sitting around waiting for the other person, this is not what was booked.

We requested an refund, again a joke, after an hour and a half of discussion we were told to wait while he called the owner, again we went through the same conversation with the owner, to little avail after this upsetting and emotional discussion and threats to call the BBB and other authorities the owner had her receptionist write a cheque for almost the cost of one certificate. The cheque has not cleared the bank as of yet and we are still out the cost of one spa package.

So, buyer beware, this is not a "spa" at best it is just a massage place with dated furniture and I would ask to see the massage therapist license before booking we didn't.
I have forwarded my complaint to the Better Business Bureau and plan on writing reviews on a few sites in hopes to save others from a similar experience.

Not sure where they got the picture that is posted, its not from there.

Bottom line, no luxury, unprofessional, no customer service

Visited July 2013

Dawson Creek, British Columbia, Canada
“Peaceful, Relaxing, and Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I initially came across this spa on Trip Advisor while planning a trip to Calgary for my sister and I. After reading some of the reviews, I have to admit, I was a little weary booking here at first. After researching other spas in the area and seeing what they had to offer and at what cost, I really felt that Spa Europa was my first choice (best bang for your buck, but still getting a great high-end spa experience). Still skeptical of the reviews I decided to give the spa a call to clarify what services they offered, and what the overall experience and atmosphere would be like. I spoke with someone from the spa and they assured me that they were a full service spa with robes, slippers, steam room, etc. The employee that I spoke with was very friendly and I decided to book.

When I arrived at the spa my sister and I were taken to the steam room for a relaxing steam before our mud wraps and pedicures. The spa attendants were very friendly and made us feel more than comfortable. After our mud wraps we were able to relax in their downtime room where we were offered snacks and coffee (but we brought our own Champaign instead). After we finished our refreshments we were led to the pedicure room. My sister and I both received quality pedicures, and even a complimentary hand paraffin wax treatment.

I would definitely recommend this spa to my friends and anyone else.

Visited May 2013
Calgary
“Stayed in for more with less”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

My pregnant sister recomanded this place as she was really happy with the service she got. Infact she is almost ready to give birth in may and is going back for one more treatment before her due date.
Had a long working day and went to this place last minute, but they were able to accomidate my needs as early as with in half hour. The lady who was called in, as the one on site was busy, gave me a message that was so relaxing. Very Friendly Environment.

Ownership has changed since End of December 2012 as I was told by the reception. A bit surprised by the reviews I am seeing from this site, but I would most likey go back for second round.

Visited March 2013
calgary
“Excellent Massage!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have been a couple times for a massage, and enjoyed each visit, recieving the same excellent service as usual. Price is good for the one hour massage I wanted. Thanks!

Visited March 2012
“Over charged! And awful serive”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

We booked an appointment for my mothers birthday and when we got there the lady working started yelling at my sister because we were a bit late for the appointment. They ignored me for an hour before someone asked what I was waiting for then told me they will have someone do my manicure soon. Waited another 45 minutes before they came up to me and said they would do my manicure in a bit. I told them not to worry about it. My mother and sister only had half of the massage that was shown on the website then got a pedicure. On the site it said the pedicure had a hit stone massage and a hydrating foot mask they received neither but were charged for it. Very, very rude staff! Over priced and terrible service.