“Good food, but...” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Toronto, Canada
“Good food, but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

...way overpriced and my order took forever to make, with no apologies offers of credit. Buyer beware!

Visited September 2013

Coaldale, Canada
“We needed to eat dang it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Although I stayed at the hotel this restaurant is located in a few years ago, I had never eaten there.
We started walking south from our hotel and saw the sign so went in for a look.
There is an eerie feeling you get when you walk in to a place and you hear echoes from your footsteps, even when just wearing sandals.
I admit it was mid afternoon on a weekday and it should not be too busy, but I swear we startled the gentleman who was there doing something on his computer.
He asked us to come in and I asked to see a menu...we were not very hungry but this was the only chance to eat for a few hours so...
we decided to have something light and sat down, order iced tea to drink and gave our food order...now remember at this time we were the only people in the place.
I ma not sure if the guy was the owner, manager, maitre 'd, chef or all of the above, but he walked through the door to the kitchen. I stepped out of the restaurant, and when I returned about 10 minutes later, someone else had come in and was having a beer at the bar.
Our drinks had arrived although the ?waiter? was nowhere in sight.
Several minutes passed and a couple wandered in, stood wondering what to do and then sat at a table....several more minutes passed, (was he cooking our food?) I got up to look for a cloth to wipe up some stickiness from the table, the gentleman who had come in got up to look for someone to serve him, the guy at the bar wanted another beer....several more minutes pass...them he appears! asks the guy at the bar if he wants another beer, shouts to the couple he will be there in a minute...goes through the door again...what is behind that door I ask myself...hmmm.
Another couple come in, go through the same dilemma as the last couple, go sit down and wait
A few minutes pass, door opens and he takes menus to the couple who had been waiting, takes their drink order, shouts to the other couple who had come in "be there in a minute" and....yep... door.
Few minutes, door opens, he has two plates of food, heads for us. It's ours! He places the plates on our table, and....door...
Any way this went on for the entire time we were there...either the guy could not multi task or he was the entire staff, but we ate as fast as we could, the food was not too bad, and got out of there.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Newcastle
“First place in storm”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Ate here because it wwas raining and our hotel did not have a restaurant. Food was OK, service OK ambiance dismal...dark and empty.

Visited July 2013
Edmonton, Canada
“Days Inn- Carliano's Cucina - Not a nice place to eat.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Not a nice place to eat.
We were there last week a group of 4 after work and looking for a place to eat near our hotel.. and this was close ..It's part of a hotel i think the day-inn.. not the holiday inn thou... but is not nice at all, it was surrounded by people drinking and the restaurant was totally empty but because it was the only close to our hotel that doesn't had restaurant we decided to eat there. I asked for the soup of the day and they told me oh no today we don't have soup! So we went for the main entrees and even though it was completely empty they took long time to get our food. The salmon and rice we asked was not too bad but the side dishes were plain no flavor.
Other two people ordered beef and it was very dried and not well seasoned…
The service was very bad. Don't go there or Not on a Tuesday and being so hungry. I won’t give it another try.. sorry..

• Visited April 2013