“De licous” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DeVille Coffee - Bridgeland

DeVille Coffee - Bridgeland
825 - 1st Avenue NE | 1/2 block east of Blue Star Diner, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #287 of 2,871 restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Dessert
“De licous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We dropped in here for coffee and cake and had dessert and coffee, bailey's latte and chocolate latte, with vanilla and chocolate crème brulee, husband had devine brownies, service was good and friendly, a must come back again and do lunch or dinner or even brunch, this was the Bridgeland Deville.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

85% Recommend
“Another Bridgeland winner.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We have been a few times and again last night. We had the bruschetta ($9.00) and shrimp flat bread ($15.00). Very good flavor on crispy breads. I like the $6.00 happy hour wine. They do have a full bar and many wines to chose from. We have had the mushroom soup and Greek salad before plus other things all good. There is also a sandwich and pastry bar that is not on the menu that looks great.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Calgary, Canada
“Best new place in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We've been here a few times for dinner since it opened. The service is always great, all, the little share plates are fantastic (mini meatball sub!). Definitely have the bruschetta... it's the best I've ever had. They have a nice wine list too.
One of the things that really stood out for us was the Valentine's Day tasting menu. We had called well in advance to make a reservation but never heard back, so we assumed it was first-come, first-serve. But it turns out that reservations were required. When they heard that we had tried to get a reservation but no one got back to us, they went out of their way to find a spot for us. We really appreciated that, and the set menu was great.
We haven't tried the brunch but our friends have and say it's just as good as dinner.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Calgary
“Great spot but disappointing Benny...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

...which is kind of unforgivable for me for a breakfast place. Eggs were cooked just right but layered on a bit of fatty bacon, a barely toasted standard issue english muffin and just a smidge of hollandaise on top, all cold. The side of potatoes were well seasoned but weirdly tough, definitely not made to order. No garnish in sight, so it all felt a little spare for $16. Blue Star has nothing to worry about if this is typical fare here.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“Iced Chai Latte, Yes Please!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

More often than not sleep alludes me and I find myself needing a jolt of java at the most unusual times during the day. Was downtown and heading North so I decided to go via deVille in search of something to tantalize my taste buds for the ride home.

An Iced Chai Latte jumped off the menu board at me and a spinach/feta scone in the bakery case was calling my name. Loved the decor and friendliness of the staff. So quaint and inviting.

The iced chai latte was simply delicious but I probably wouldn't order the scone again unless the spinach was chopped before going into the scone. Every bite had me fighting to chew through strands of spinach & stem which made for a very messy affair. Fortunately I was alone on my drive home and only had my messy self to contend with. The latte made everything better in the end.

Lovely establishment and one I will return to again to try something new.

Visited March 2013