“Family Dinner for 10, right this way” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Filipino
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Victoria, Canada
“Family Dinner for 10, right this way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Our extended family wanted to get together for a special occasion, with myself and others flying in from out of town. I grew up just up the road and was very interested to see these reviews on Trip Advisor.

However I did have seconds thoughts when I first drove past, so a few hours before our scheduled dinner I dropped in and talked to the owner and his family.

I was immediately impressed with the owner. He answered all my questions and showed me how he would set up our table for 10. I also took a moment to check out the (mens) washroom and kitchen, both where very clean!

Later that evening when we all arrived, I got a few skeptical looks from some of the family, however, the warm and excellent service from the owner, his family and staff, quickly had all of us feeling very much at home.

Though our dinner started at 6, I was told we are welcome to stay past closing. No pressure to resell your table here.

When the food started to arrived, the often repeated comment was: "This food is really good!"

And these comments are coming from battled hardened Albertan dinners who often report disappointment at high end downtown restaurants.

If you are looking for trendy percision, or a quiet intimate dinner, perhaps this is not your restaurant.

If you are looking for great food with amazing service with that special family touch then to quote the owner: "Give us a chance, we will not disappoint you!"

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

91% Recommend
Calgary, Canada
“Great food and friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Today is my first visit. We were there at 7.15 pm and is full house on a regular Thursday night. Waitress are all friendly and helpful. They explained the menu in detail and do certain recommendation. We ordered grilled platter, pig hock and pork soup. They are all good. Portion is big and suggest 4 people to go if you want to try more different items. Yes we will go back again!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Woking, England
“Absolutely excellent food and a real welcome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We picked 7 Seas for my mother in law's birthday meal and were delighted to have done so. As many have said this restaurant certainly doesn't look anything special from the outside but as a dining experience it was very special. the food is pretty simple but very good quality and absolutely delicious. The prices were very reasonable given the portion size and quality. The restaurant is clearly popular with Philipino people (which is an indication of the quality of the food) but was certainly welcoming to everyone. The owners and staff were very happy to advise on the food and explain items which we didn't know and their friendliness made this a very enjoyable meal. We didn't mention that this was a birthday meal when booking but it came up in talking to the staff and we were delighted when they came out with a desert with a candle and sang happy birthday to us at the end of the meal - a really thoughtful touch. Both we and the rest of our party were really impressed and will definitely be back - my only fear is that with all the good reviews we won't be able to get in!!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Montego Bay, Jamaica
“Spectacular !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Definitely give 7 seas a try! We had a fabulous meal. We've travelled from out of town and looking for a good meal at a reasonable price! We were delighted with the service, the atmosphere and the most...our meal. Quality all the way, excellent flavour! We ordered steak lobster and shrimp and when they delivered the food wow!...served on a sizzling plate and we also had grilled platter 4 kinds of varieties of dishes for $39.00 that's cheap and the garlic rice yummy! Incredibly fabulous! The dishes were attractively prepared. Small restaurant with a Big Bang! Excellent food! I will recommend 7 seas to everyone we know.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Calgary
“Nothing Fancy, Just Good Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

As others have mentioned, 7 Seas doesn't look like much from the outside....or the inside. But looks can be deceiving. Two things make this restaurant special: the quality of the food, and the friendliness of the two owners. Their cheery, polite manner and willingness to take the time to describe the qualities and flavors of various dishes from the expansive menu is most refreshing. It's very evident that they enjoy providing their customers top quality food at reasonable prices. The Philipino community seems to be very supportive of this clean and cozy restaurant, if the number of diners happily chowing down was any indication. The authentic Philipino dishes looked interesting, but my partner and I decided to go traditional and started with Tempura shrimp, which was lightly battered, crispy, and not oily at all. For our main, we chose to share an order of garlic rice and the Grilled Platter with beef ribs, mango salad, kingfish in coconut sauce, grilled shrimp, and calamari. All of the items were excellent. For me, the highlight was the ribs....they were outstanding. Thin-sliced and tender, the Korean BBQ flavor was delectable. The dipping sauces provided complimented the meal nicely. We were too full to try dessert....that will be next time. We were the last diners there, and were never encouraged to rush out the door....in fact, the owners spent time casualy chatting with us as they went about cleaning and preparing for the next day. Genuinely nice people. Located in a small strip small just south of the Econo Lodge on the west side of Macleod Trail, 7 Seas is definitely worth checking out.

• Visited April 2013