“Biggest ripoff ever!” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Calgary, Canada
“Biggest ripoff ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I brought my cousin who was on vacation and my wife and four little children to Asian Buffet and asked their staff how much children's buffet prices were. I was told that children dine free and so we decided to stay. The meal for the most part was bland and tasteless to inedible, but I thought no big deal, get what you pay for, right? -WRONG! When we got the bill, it was just under $100! That's 3 adults and 3 children under 7 and a 1 year old (they didn't charge me for what my 1 year old nibbled on; wasn't that nice of them?). To top it off, their waitresses seemed little inclined to help get us a high chair, let alone wipe the grime off of it! We had to get baby wipes to clean the high chair and utensils as sanitary is not a word they understand; from what I could see... The children all together ate less than a plate-full and so needless to say, we will NEVER go to that crap-hole EVER! It has been almost 3 months since this experience, but my blood still curdles thinking of this sty. This restaurant is not fit to feed dung beatles, let alone human consumption. If you don't care about the crap you eat, this is the place for you!
Take it from me, folks, do not waste your hard-earned money at this dive.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Lolo, MT
“Save your money!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Should have read the reviews. What an absolute, horrid waste of time and money.

Despite decent presentation of food items, and politeness of staff, quality of food was disgusting at best. Everything tastes the same, what should be crispy is soggy, and there is an underlying funk to the food after a few bites.

I remember Treasures of China as well, and maybe my memory is foggy, but it was way better then.

Now? Yuck.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Calgary
“SAVE YOUR CHOPSTICKS”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The food is not worth the effort it takes to get it from your chopsticks to your mouth. The ginger beef was so hard it almost broke my teeth. The Crab Legs were over cooked. The chicken wings were burnt tasting well you know... - I was there on a Friday evening and thought the food would be over the top but my suggestion is Fire the cook(s) and get someone new if you want to stay in business. Strongly don't recomment this place.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kent
“Always fresh. Great value.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Well if buffet style food is on your menu then this place is a must. Quite inexpensive and the food is constantly changing over so very fresh.

Very popular with the Chinese - so must be good. I really like the Mongolian grill (also included in set price pet head).

Deserts are ok. But by that time I have always eaten far too much.

Drawbacks.

Have to wait for tables Friday and Saturday nights.
Quite noisy. Not first date material.
No Chinese pancakes !!!
Always eat too much.

But I go back time and time again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“Pretty Awful Really”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Lots of choice of luke warm, sticky overly sweet (yet somehow tasteless) gooey mush - really best avoided.

Rob