“Half day tour of Calgary” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Great Neck, New York, United States
“Half day tour of Calgary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Petar picked us up on time at our hotel and gave us a great tour of Calgary. He was great and let us tour at our own speed. Would recommend this tour for anyone visiting Calgary.

Visited September 2013

Oak Park, California
“Calgary City Tour”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We made advanced reservations for the Calgary city tour online and received an email confirmation for the date we were to be in Calgary. The confirmation email stated that we would be picked up at our hotel between 7:45 AM and 8:00 AM. No one showed up. After waiting one hour we called to office and no answer. Left a voice message and no return call. I emailed them and no reply. A message machine stated that they would be closed the previous week with tours resuming during the week of our stay.
All I can say is I hope you have better luck with them than we did.

Visited September 2013
Petar O, Manager at Hammerhead Scenic Tours Day Tours, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear Sir,

We are sorry for the confusion that has arisen in this circumstance. The email you received upon requesting the booking on our website is an automated response that only acknowledges that your requested booking has been received on the website.

It is only after we have received this initial booking that we can personally assess our availability and contact you to provide confirmation and make detailed arrangements such as pickup time and place.

At the time you made this booking request we were unable to take this booking and a message was on our voice mail service explaining that we were unavailable due to a family emergency.

To alleviate similar confusion in the future we are analyzing opportunities to clarify the steps in the booking and confirmation process on our website.

Best Regards

Petar Opacak - Owner/Manager
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
18 attraction reviews
“Spent entire day touring Banff and Lake Louise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Guide (Petar) picked us up (2 couples) at Calgry Tower at 7 a.m. for an enjoyable, wonderful 12 hour tour of Banff, Lake Louise and Lake Moraine and places inbetween. We found Petar to be informative, proud to be a Canadian, humorous, a true gentleman, pleasant, humble and friendly. We chose Hammerhead Tours over another tour company because he was open to allowing us to ride the gondola at Banff Nat'l Park - that was not an option at other tour company. In the end, we didn't ride the gondola due to long wait to get on and time was at a premium. In place of gondola, however, he took us to a hot spring museum outside Banff that recently opened to the public. This hot spring/spa used to be used to people but is now closed for public use because govt. is trying to protect a certain species of snail only found in this hot spring. Petar made excellent suggestions for lunch at Banff which we entertained and walked with us on various paths to get good pictures of Lake Louise and Lake Moraine. If we're ever in Calgary again, will seek out additional tours from Petar - he was a marvelous guide and we all enjoyed him.

Visited August 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Exceptional tour experience! :D”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

It was definitely one of the best tours I have ever had. :)

I connected with Petar through emails arranging the tours and he always replied within 24 hours. At first there wasn't enough people on the tour so he referred us to other travel agencies. How nice/generous was that! I was amazed by his friendly attitude and service, thus I got back to him and waited for other people to join the tour. With that trust, we decided to go on two tours with Petar, both the Lake Louise and Banff Tour and the Waterton Lake Tour.

When my friend and I met him in person, he is super friendly and very knowledgeable about the history of different sites we visited. It is very nice to travel with such a small group (4-8 people) because you really get to customize your trip and stop whenever you are lucky enough to see the wild animals. Petar knows those unique places that not everybody goes too which is super awesome for us as small group tourists. He is also very flexible and fit: the road that led to another lake was shut down due to flooding, thus he led us in climbing the bear hump to see the Waterton Lake in a panoramic view! It was truly mind-blowing and definitely worth the half-an-hour hike.

I would sincerely refer Petar's HST to any tourist who are looking for great service and want to have fun. :)

Visited July 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Great Trip!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

It was my 4th trip to Banff and Lake Louise and the first time I booked through HammerHeads for myself and family.
Petar is an amazing person and very much down to earth. I just realized after this trip that inspite of visiting Banff 3 times before, I never bothered to visit some of the most beautiful places. From the start of the trip until we were dropped back in calgary, I find everything absolutely perfect and exactly as per the schedule mentioned in the website. I have booked many tour packages prior to this but have never seen someone like Petar who was ready to go that extra mile to ensure he added a personal touch to the trip, explaining each and every minute detail.
Without a second thought, I would recommend Petar to anyone looking for a package tour in and around Calgary.The tour is worth every penny.
Thanks Petar once again!