“Reasonably good” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sandman Hotel & Suites, Calgary Airport

You added Sandman Hotel & Suites, Calgary Airport to your Saves list
Sandman Hotel & Suites, Calgary Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   25 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, Alberta T3J 4V7, Canada (Northeast Calgary)   |
Ranked #60 of 98 Hotels in Calgary
Montreal, Canada
“Reasonably good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

If you are in rush and wanna spend a night between your flight, it very clean, easy access hotel, everything designed for business stay, although it's sold building and now there is lots newer hotel around. Of course with higher price.
Comfortable beds and very quite, average bathroom, big TV, poor coffee, if you upgraded to suite it make ur stay much more pleasant.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Parkesburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

This was decently convenient to the airport we used (calgary), and also not too far from the downtown area. Right off of major highways - driving into downtown was very quick and easy, as was getting back to the airport. The lobby looked modern/stylish/nice and we thought our room was clean, comfortable and spacious. person at front desk was friendly and helpful. Bathroom looked clean and tidy as well. We would stay here again if in the area. We also enjoyed a nice dip in the pool!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Golden, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

It's an airport hotel, so you have to expect some aircraft noise! Hotel was as expected, clean room. Staff friendly & efficient, no complaints at all really. Not as close to the terminal as it used to be due to a road closure as a result of the airport's expansion.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the south side, which faces away from the aircraft.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
BC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

We were on a layover, trying to get to Mexico so this is where Westjet put us up. The hotel was a bit of a ride from the airport. It is a nice, modern hotel but I don't know what was up with the heat because it was HOT in the room all night. We had the window wide open at -5C and it was still hot. I guess the Sandman wanted to prepare us for Mexico. If we were there for another night, we would have changed rooms.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

My husband and I stayed in this hotel in Sep 2013 after a long haul flight from the UK. We arrived into Calgary late on Sunday night, so got a taxi to this hotel which took about 15mins from the airport. We then got the shuttle from the hotel back to the airport the next day to pick up our car and start our 8 day drive through the Rockies.

The hotel is really clean and has a connecting restaurant which was nice for breakfast/dinner. The staff was also friendly. Would recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ancaster, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We missed our connection home from Calgary and were given great accommodation at the Sandman with vouchers for dinner. Everything was wonderful and we enjoyed a marvelous meal served by very friendly staff. I accidentally left my Blackberry (containing all of my information and pictures) in my room when I checked out December 28th, so I contacted the front desk from Ontario and they put me through to Housekeeping. I got Mia's voice mail and left a message about my problem. I really thought that I'd never see my phone again. Mia called me back with the news that it had been found and they could ship it to me using any service that I preferred. Mia and I had to call each other several times to exchange information, and my phone arrived as expected. Thank you so much for all your help and concern.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Medicine Hat, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

This hotel is in need of some major renovations. The wall paper was falling off in our room, there was a large drywall patch and the ceramic floors in the bathroom were all cracked. I'm not sure if the cleaners did not vacuum the room or their vacuums don't work well but there were small rocks and pebbles throughout the room. The staff were friendly. The hotel is very hot throughout.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
gm_calair, General Manager at Sandman Hotel & Suites, Calgary Airport, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay with us. Your kind comments regarding the staff are much appreciated. Please rest assured that we are in the process of going through each room and performing renovations such as painting, caulking, replacing tile etc.

Been to Sandman Hotel & Suites, Calgary Airport? Share your experiences!