HI Calgary is a comfortable place to stay with friendly staff and a great location. The rooms are comfortable and clean and the kitchen quite large. I found the staff to be very helpfull and easy to understand with a good knowledge of the area. There is some confusing construction work surrounding the hostel and not alot going on in but apart from this the location is close enough to everything you would need during your stay. Over all a great place to stay
- Also Known As:
- Hi-Calgary City Centre Hotel
- Hi-Calgary City Centre Hotel Calgary
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get your free all-you-can-eat breakfast! We have buttermilk pancakes, muffins, oatmeal, toast, fruit and juice served every morning from 6:30am - 9:30am. Plus, there’s coffee, tea, and hot chocolate all day.Other free amenities include Wi-Fi in all common areas/guest rooms, local phone calls, faxing/photocopying/printing/scanning, linens and towels, BBQ usage, and a pool table.Our hostel is located on the edge of downtown; a five-minute walk will take you to exactly where you want to be. Within downtown you’ll find dining, shopping, entertainment and cultural districts for every taste and budget. Other attractions are easy to get to with the help of the nearby C-train (a two-minute walk from the hostel) that’s free within the downtown core.Our friendly and experienced staff are available 24 hours a day to aid you with all your needs. They're always happy to recommend cool places for you to check out, so be sure to ask.Each of our dorm rooms has six comfy beds that come with individual bed lights and lockers. We also have private rooms (with and without ensuites) that include TV and DVD players. These rooms are limited, so please book well in advance. All dorm and private rooms have secure key-card access.HI-Calgary City Centre's neighbourhood, the East Village, is getting an exciting transformation!Years in the planning, Downtown Calgary's East Village is slated for redevelopment to become one of the city's new urban villages. The neighbourhood will offer some of the hippest shopping, dining, recreational and residential opportunities in the country. It's welcome news to the area – this is actually where Calgary was originally founded – and HI-Calgary City Centre is thrilled to be a part of this change.As with all neighbourhood redevelopment projects, there will be some inconveniences to the people who live, work and visit the area, most notably traffic changes and construction noise. Please be aware that you may experience some of this during your upcoming visit to our hostel. Our friendly and helpful staff will do all we can to minimize the impact to you. Never hesitate to contact us for assistance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelBookers so you can book your HI-Calgary City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.