“great food and service” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Calgary, Canada
“great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

We went as a family to the Keg 2 weks ago and the food was great. Great portions and the service was very good. Will definetely go again.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Strathmore, Canada
“Service with a smile and excellent food! What more can you ask for??”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

It's been at least ten years since I've been to this location. My memories of The Keg were always over priced food and half assed service. But this time it was different. The Keg still looks the same, as I remember it... But WOW!! What a difference this time. We had a party of five and our service was perfect. One of our guests is pretty hard to serve. More like a servers nightmare. He needs everything and more. For example, his drink is a cesar so he wants a tall glass, easy salt, vodka on the side, ice on the side. Extra lemon on the side. My god!! It's one drink but it takes 6 glasses to serve it. Then to order his meal it's a good ten minutes discussing the horse raddish. Poor guy handled it perfect. Not only did he get everyone's order right but he managed to get everything including a great tip out of our hard to serve guest. He was simply perfect!! Spenser was our server tonight and I really can't say enough about him. He really knows how to keep the guests happy. He is very good at his job. I really appreciate good service and it's not easy to find anymore so if you are thinking about heading to The Keg for a night out I would definitely recommend sitting in Spenser's section. You will get great service. Your food will still be hot. You won't be disappointed. Thank you for a great dining experience tonight Spenser. We had a great meal and our overly needy guest really appreciated you taking the time to get his crazy order right. And to find out the name of the Horse Raddish you served. Lol.. thanks again. You rock!!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fredericton, Canada
“Great Food, Great Service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

I was very impressed with the service and quality of food at this location. Very informative staff with quick service and punctuality with checking up on you during your order. Great food and awesome quality. Would be hard to top the service at this place.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Swansea, Illinois
“Overall good but some areas for improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

We sat in the bar area so we could watch hockey (duh) and the service was good.

However we had a few issues with drinks (flat beer, mixed drinks that were not supposed to be) and a long wait for our food.

Overall the food was good and we enjoyed the chance to watch two games at a time in the bar.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Needs a little work!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I generally don't have problems at "The Keg". It is usually one of those restaurants that is always good and no fail. I haven't been to this location before in the many years I have lived in Calgary. The waiter was just OK. He started to ask how the meal was before we even took a bite. Then we saw never him again. I had the Sirloin Oscar. Ok, I know this isn't the best cut of meat, but at the Keg it is generally pretty good. The first 3 bites all had gristle, it didn't get better. It is a shame the waiter didn't come back to get those comments. The shrimp and scallops were the worst I have ever had there. Very tough and rubbery. I was very disappointed. The waiter didn't ask if we wanted dessert or coffee at the end of our meal. Again disappointing. Maybe a bad night, maybe that is always the way it is there. Who knows!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere