“the best breakfast...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of OEB Breakfast Co.

OEB Breakfast Co.
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Calgary, Canada
“the best breakfast...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

After multiple brunches & lunches I have never been disappointed. Great quality ingredients...diverse menu, interesting takes on staples...and potatoes cooked in duck fat!...what more can you ask for!

Visited May 2013

“Well worth the wait....outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

My wife and I waited 30mins... We got coffee and banana bread while we waited., we both had eggs Benedict with brown butter hollandaise sauce.. It was fantastic

• Visited June 2013
Montreal, Canada
“*****!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Absolutely everything about OEB is fantastic! Took the grown up family here for Sunday brunch and we were simply overstimulated with the whole scene. Yes, we had to wait but the staff were very gracious in keeping track of parties and were spot on with a suggested wait time. While waiting, everyone in line was offered slices of banana bread. This intimate, 36 seat cafe is full of spirit and charm. The menu is extensive, featuring amazing choices for every palate. They produce their own free run eggs, have gluten free bread and custom made gluten free meat. They also cook their potatoes in duck fat, which adds an extremely interesting taste. As bustling as the place was on a Sunday morning, our server gave us attentive care and our food was delivered in an exceptional period of time. Even with a line up, there were no evil eyes from the staff hoping for a quick exit by us. I give this place 5 stars!!

Calgary, Canada
“Soul in a Bowl”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

You know I've said this before, and I'll say it again, cause I can't stop going back. Great Servers, I love my chicken soul in a bowl!! Love it, and by the way, best take out breakfast idea I've ever had. But they don't do it at peak times anymore, they need a seperate walk up window I swear.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Sensational. From one person who loves food to another, don't miss this one”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I have been a regular patron at OEB for years but have never written a review. Mauro and the staff here are so attentive, the space is eclectic, seats are comfy etc etc...really, though, the food is spectacular. My personal favorites are the breakfast in Tuscany (herbed oven tasted mini tomatoes in rye bread with two medium poached eggs covered with prosciutto. Lately, I seem to find myself drawn to the croque Madame, with black truffles and mauro's own exquisite lay prepared hollandaise sauce. My son loves the "Gold digga", a variant on poutine with black truffles, lardons, and two medium poached eggs.

If you love good food, this is the best breakfast place I have ever been. The line up out the door is proof! Come early or you'll be waiting. Regardless, it's worth the wait!