“Not what I expected” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Calgary Farmers' Market

Calgary Farmers' Market
510 77th Avenue SE, Calgary, Alberta T2H 1C3, Canada (Downtown)
(403) 240-9113
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #29 of 339 things to do in Calgary
Calgary
15 attraction reviews
“Not what I expected”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I love farmers markets and I have frequented many, however I was not impressed with this one. Where are the unique artisans, crafters, buskers and general atmosphere that envelops you in a market? Yes there are some great organic food choices but that was all I can find to say that is positive. I felt that I had just visited another mall, not a market. I have tried to go back on several occasions to see if my opinion changes, however this will be my last visit. This is not a market, its' a miniature mall trying to pass itself off as something it is not.

Visited July 2014

31 attraction reviews
“BUSY but amazing farm/fresh foods with unique stores”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We are staying at a hotel close buy so we thought we would try it out. This place os BUSY! If I lived here I would have stocked up on the farm fresh goods. Plus there are food vendors inside & even a face painting place (decently priced). The parking lot is large but the walkways in the parking lot aren't slanted for strollers so we had to walk on the road - I think a safety issue.

Calgary, Alberta
9 attraction reviews
“Great food court, good variety of vendors, kid friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This farmer's market has a little of everything. There is a food court that is better than any mall you've been to. You can take your order and sit outside if the weather is nice, or stay in and let the kids run wild in the playzone. There is a wide variety of vendors from cheese, to meat, to veggies and fruit. As well lots of textiles and home products are available. My favorite stall is the Heart's Choice - they sell vegan and vegetarian protein options that are better than any animal meat! The parking lot can get busy, so try for a spot on the street nearby for a better experience. bring your own reusable grocery bags. Most vendors accept credit card, debit and all take cash.

Visited May 2014
Calgary, Canada
28 attraction reviews
“Fresh selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Great place to go for all your produce needs. Fresh and not too overly priced. Ample parking in rear of building with easy access.

Winnipeg, Canada
21 attraction reviews
“Good selection for year round market!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

After my first visit I would have to say I was very impressed with the selection of goods you can get at this market. I like the fact you can get a good selection of produce, meat, and bakery products all under one roof. When I go to a market I don't normally care about the crafts that people are selling, but this market has a decent selection of items if you're looking for that kind of thing. Their food court has a wide selection of items to choose from and at reasonable prices. I really like that a lot of the vendors offer samples of their products so you can try before you buy! I will definitely be checking out this market again the next time I'm in Calgary!