“Place to Stay in NE Calgary and/or by the Airport” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Best Western PREMIER Freeport Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Best Western PREMIER Freeport Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Best Western PREMIER Freeport Inn & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   86 Freeport Boulevard NE, Calgary, Alberta T3J 5J9, Canada (Northeast Calgary)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #4 of 98 hotels in Calgary
Kitchener, Canada
“Place to Stay in NE Calgary and/or by the Airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Recently stayed here. Great room. Wonderful front desk service especially by Lisa who couldn't do enough to ensure our stay was great. Closest to the Airport but couldn't hear the planes fly by. Excellent breakfast hosted by Helen. The next time I'm in Calgary will definitely stay here again. Only one concern...where to eat dinner. We found ourselves going north (approx. 2 exits) to Cross Irons Outlet Mall or driving south into Calgary (eg MacLeod Drive). Loved the clean room with the fridge, microwave, free Wi-Fi, excellent channels, etc.

Room Tip: From our room on the back of the hotel we could see the Rocky Mountains!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western PREMIER Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Hi Donna, Thank you for posting such a great review and comments about the Best Western Premier Freeport Inn and Suites. I will be sure to comment the staff that you have singled out, it's great to hear about the excellent service they are giving to our guests. I hope that you will be able to join us again in the near future.

595 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We've chosen this hotel because we based on the reviews on this website and here is our breakdown:

Staffs : 4/5 Most of them are nice and friendly!

Bed : 2/5 too soft!!!

Location : If someone chose to be near the airport so this is your hotel, otherwise, for us, we think it is too far from everything else ... so we would give it a 2.5/5

Breakfast : ok but we've seen better in comparable type of hotel so I would give it 2/5

Quality vs Price : 3.5/5

Recommended : Yes

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for breaking down your review so that we have a more detailed understanding of why we were just OK for you. I appreciate hearing your feedback and will work to improve the areas that we have control over. Thank you for recommending us and we will continue to strive for excellence.
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I was a little hesitant at first to book this hotel as it is a bit on the pricey side, but I am very glad I did! I got into Calgary around 10pm, and was picked up at the airport terminal by the shuttle. I was in town for a job interview, and my super awesome shuttle driver got me there right on time (despite the traffic and that the shuttle technically only goes to the airport terminal, not other airport locations)! Very, very friendly staff! I had good sleep, though I think it would have been better if I hadn't been keyed up about the interview the next day. The airport is close by, so you do get a bit of noise from that, but it's very minimal. Very nice self serve breakfast in the morning!

What stood out the most to me was my shuttle driver. We had a great chat as he was driving me around. After dropping me off for my interview, he offered to pick me up when it was done. About 4 hours later when my interview was done, he picked me up and dropped me off at the airport for my flight home. At no point did he have to do any of this, but he was very happy to help! That's what I call customer service!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western PREMIER Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for the "Awesome" review and comments about your stay and experience with our staff. I'm always pleased to hear about the extra special things our staff are able to to for our guests that set us aside from other locations. I have to say that we can't offer this kind of special service all the time as our shuttle has a priority to deliver and pick up guests from the airport. I hope your interview went well and you will be visiting on a more permanent basis in the future.
Pontefract, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

We chose the Best Western due to our late arrival in Calgary. Aside of the industrial location you expect when staying close to Calgary airport, this hotel is fantastic. The rooms are large with 2 double beds, fridge, microwave, free wifi, and a large tv with a good choice of channels. The bar is fine to grab a beer and a meal, the food was nice and the price was acceptable. The complementary hot breakfast was a bonus and set us up nicely for our drive into the Rockies. Definitely would visit again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
I'm so glad that you chose to start your adventure to the Canadian Rockies at our property. After a long flight we are one of the closed hotels to the airport at just 8 minutes door to door and as you know you can start enjoying your vacation almost immediately after you plane lands. Thank you for posting such a great review of our hotel and I hope you are staying with us prior to your departure back home.
Lloydminster, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed here in 2012 for the Stampede.
Everything was superb from the check in to check out.
The rooms are spacious, definitely has the home away from home feeling.
My favourite part of the hotel was the breakfast. The breakfast is to die for, it has a hot breakfast with also made to order station that you can order omelettes. Best part is that this is all complimentary.

The only thing that was disappointing was the lack of service when my partner and I experienced in the lounge when we checked in. The girl did not seem to interested in being there and took forever for someone to approach our table to order.

I would recommend getting down to breakfast quite early as there is limited seating especially since we there during a busy time for the city.

I would definitely be back when I am in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting your review and comments from the your visit with us during the100th Anniversary of the Calgary Stampede. I believe that you would experience excellent service in our restaurant now and we also have an overflow area for breakfast during busy times. We still strive to be a home away from home and hope that you will join us again for the 2013 Calgary Stampede.
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We arrived late at night. I had a reservation but upon arrival I was advised that there were only 2 rooms left and they both had plumbing problems. They made arrangements to move us to a Comfort Inn Hotel and picked up the cost.
The hotel was fine but we received a room with double beds. We discovered the next morning that they had moved us further away from Calgary instead of closer. It cost us over $65 to get a cab into the city. This was $30 more than it would have cost from B/W. If we had know that we would have called the B/W shuttle to come and pick us up.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I'm sorry that we had to move you from our hotel due to maintenance issues. We never like to do this as we know what an inconvenience it is. I'm sorry that you didn't take us up on the offer to shuttle you back to the hotel. I would invite you to contact me directly for your next visit so that I can make it up to you! Again, my sincere apologies for the added time and cost.
Alt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Kids loved the pool and slide. Restaurant fantastic for free breakfast, pricey for dinner. Beds very comfortable. Location in far north west of Calgary. Lots of parking, shopping not near, but mall a short drive.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and comments about your families visit to the Best Western Premier Freeport Inn and Suites. I'm glad to hear your kids enjoyed the pool and waterslide plus the complimentary breakfast. I appreciate your comment about the dinner menu and will keep it under advisement for the future.

Been to Best Western PREMIER Freeport Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!