“Best Best Western Ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Best Western PREMIER Freeport Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Best Western PREMIER Freeport Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Best Western PREMIER Freeport Inn & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   86 Freeport Boulevard NE, Calgary, Alberta T3J 5J9, Canada (Northeast Calgary)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #4 of 98 hotels in Calgary
Port Aransas, Texas
“Best Best Western Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed one night in order to be close to the airport for an early morning flight. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. The room was the cleanest chain hotel room I have ever stayed in and the hotel restaurant food (dinner and breakfast) was excellent. Made us wish we had stayed there more than one night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western PREMIER Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Wow, what high praise -Thank you! I really appreciate you taking the time to post your review and comments and I will definitely share this with our staff. I hope we see you again in the near future.

595 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Haifa, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Pros: close to airport / close to renting cars at the airport
Convenient free shuttle bus to/from the airport (there is a bus from the airport to Calgary city center and downtown- not free)
Rooms are big, exceptionally accommodating - king size bed with 4 pillows !!! very comfortable, lots of electrical sockets, a microwave, safe, coffee maker, iron.
Laundry room. A very good breakfast. Good menu choices if you have dinner at hotel for a reasonable price.
We enjoyed our stay very much.
No cons, except the fact that it it a bit far from the city center (half an hour with the bus - no. 300) from the airport if you don't have too much time to spend in Calgary.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
I really appreciate the very complimentary review and comments about your recent stay with us. Thank you for highlighting how large and comfortable our guest rooms are and our complimentary full breakfast. I trust you enjoyed your visit to Canada!
Red Deer
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I travel regularly for business and stay in hotels about 100 nights per year. This hotel is my default place to stay when in Calgary. All the modern amenities like comfortable beds with a selection of pillows, 46" TV, fireplace, fast internet, etc. and the service is consistently good.

The breakfast is particularly good as they have a couple of wafflemakers, eggs, bacon/sausage, Hot Oatmeal (not the packaged stuff), a selection of cold cereals but what I love is they now have a person who'll make you a fresh omelette with your choice of several fillings. When you eat at hotels a lot, the waffles & eggs get boring, so a fresh omelette is greatly appreciated.

I'd recommend you check this hotel out next time you're staying in Calgary. If you're like me it may become your new favorite.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the front of the hotel as this will give you a view of the mountains.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hi Dale, Thank you for posting such complimentary comments about your visits to our hotel and for recommending it to other "road warriors" Be sure to say hello the next time you are staying with us!
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was very satisfied with the hotel in Calgary.
Great place to stay. Great staff and very clean hotel. I really liked the excercise room and the hot tub/Pool. Also having a restaurant on site was very beneficial.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to post your review - it's great to hear from our business travelers. I'm glad you enjoyed our fitness facilities and had time to eat in our onsite restaurant. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Calgary.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here 4 times in the past two years. We are always impressed with the clean and updated rooms. However; there is always 1 out of the front desk agents that are extremely rude and unbecoming. Are last night there was great as these problem front desk agents must have been off shift. The gentlemen with a pony tail was very friendly indeed. I implore mangement to take a more serious look at the staff they are currently employing.

I will give this place another chance as it is very new and close to the airport. If i run into any of these problems listed i will insist on speaking to management to explain why i wont be returning.

Thanks

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western PREMIER Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Geoff, thank you for speaking with our Front Office Manager regarding the staffing issue you encountered. I appreciate you letting us know how our staff was interacting with you so that we can address your concerns. I hope your next visit meets your expectation and encourage you to ask for me so we can discuss in person. Again, I really appreciate your time in letting us know your concerns.
Gourock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for two nights one when we arrived in Calgary to start our trip and also at the end of it. The excellent customer service from all of the staff, superb, bedrooms, the free shuttle to and from the airport, the first class complimentary breakfast make this hotel the best all round value for money hotel in Calgary. Sara even took us to the airport so that we could catch the bus that took us downtown and then collected us again from the airport when we returned on the bus, service of the highest order. If you are planning a hotel stop in Calgary look no further.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for posting such a wonderful review about your visit to our hotel. I truly appreciate you taking the time to let everyone know about our product and services. I will be sure to let Sara know you remembered her extra special service. I hope the balance of your trip was equally enjoyable.

Been to Best Western PREMIER Freeport Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!