“Feels like home, but with better breakfast” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Best Western PREMIER Freeport Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Best Western PREMIER Freeport Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Best Western PREMIER Freeport Inn & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   86 Freeport Boulevard NE, Calgary, Alberta T3J 5J9, Canada (Northeast Calgary)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #4 of 98 hotels in Calgary
Edmonton, Canada
“Feels like home, but with better breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

When I travel to Calgary, I'm usually passing through to get to the mountains or staying with friends. This time, I was playing host to some out-of-country visitors so took the opportunity to try this relatively new property.

It felt just like home from the minute we stepped in the door. The lobby is spacious and welcoming. The staff were friendly and courteous and had us relaxing in our room right away. It was just what we needed after commuting down the QEII from Edmonton.

We stayed in a Double Queen Room, which was plenty spacious for 3 adults. The decor is clean and modern. I like that all rooms have a mini fridge and microwave.

We were most impressed with the breakfast, which is complimentary for all guests. There is really something for everyone. Cold selections include assorted pastries, cereal, fruit salad and toast. Hot selections include sausage, oatmeal and waffles. My personal favorite was the omelette station where a staff member whipped up your own personal creation. For drinks, you could help yourself to an assortment of coffee, tea and juice. What a great start to the day!

I highly recommend staying here on your next visit to Calgary. They are minutes from the airport (not to worry as the sound-proofing is excellent and the hotel is not really in the flight path of the runway) and do have a complimentary airport shuttle. They are also in close proximity to Cross Iron Mills (for shoppers), Stoney Traili (for those heading to the mountains) and Deerfoot Trail (easy access to the rest of Calgary).

Room Tip: For something a little more luxurious or romantic, consider booking a Jacuzzi Room with King Bed.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western PREMIER Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you taking the time to post your review and comments about your recent visit with your international guests. I am pleased to hear that the location, quality of our facility and services all met or exceeded your expectations. Our breakfast receives many comments about our made to order omlette station and is definitely a visitor favorite. I hope you won't wait until you have more international visitors before you come and stay with us again.

595 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Cabo San Lucas, MX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We have stayed a couple of times now and will stay there again. The room is clean, the location near to the airport, shopping and to the Trans Canada highway if you want to visit Banff. One of the best parts of the inclusive breakfast is the omelet station. The cook with prepare your eggs with a great choice of fresh ingredients. They also have meats, potato, waffles, fresh fruit, yogurt and the breads. For someone with diet restrictions, I didn't go away hungry. I gave it a rating of 4 simply because of the Front Desk staff. Each and every time we either checked in, walked by, checked out or made any inquiries (for both times that we stayed at this property this latest time we were there a week), there were no greetings with smiles attached. We even included our daughter in the little game we had going. The game was to see if we would attract a smile or a greeting of hello or good morning from the staff as we walked by. None. Not 1 smile in the whole 7 days that we were coming and going. Not an impression a Front Desk staff member should be instilling.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for providing your feedback and a review of our recent stay at the Best Western Premier Freeport Inn and Suites. I must say that I am very disappointed in the impression our front dest team gave to you on your recent stay. Our training includes making eye contact at 10 feet and smiling or greeting the guest at 5 feet. It appears that we will need to revisit this training again! I am pleased that the balance of your visit was not impacted by our "not so warm welcome."
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Chosen due to early morning flight but loved this hotel, gets all boxes ticked, and that taking into account it is an airport hotel so not in downtown Calgary. Huge free car park. Impressive large building, but yes is in an industrial area, not an ugly one, so no problem. At check-in the young male staffmember was lovely. Genuinely interested, helpful and efficient. All staff pleasant. We knew the hotel was very new but it is still in immaculate condition and room fitouts should set the benchmark. Has elevators and a Grill Restaurant and bar. Spacious air-conditioned room had good lighting, free wifi worked always, opulently furnished, spotlessly clean. Not a blemish anywhere. The extremely large and comfortable bed had beautiful linens and lounge furniture was comfortable and tasteful. The large bathroom had a vanity bench and lots of storage underneath. This hotel room fitout was intelligent and user/guest friendly. The wet bar had mini-frig, a microwave, coffee maker and china mugs. My husband who only notices what is missing in hotels usually, waxed lyrical about the TV. Brand new too and LG brand but huge and he said the colour and picture superb. So he could have watched baseball there forever. The Grill opened at 5 PM and menu choices varied and our meals were excellent as was service from attentive wait staff. Bar and tables full as was hotel. Some young families stayed at hotel same time as us so I think as suited to families as business travellers or couples. We took the free shuttle to airport at 5.30 AM next morning and had a wake up call on time and short trip to airport hassle free. Highly recommend the Freeport. We had a wonderful stay there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for a superb review and comments about practically every aspect of our hotel. I am so please to hear how much you enjoyed the quality of our facility and the service you received. It is wonderful to hear when we meet or exceed our guests expectations.
Cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Arriving after a long flight at 10pm ( 5 a.m.body clock time) this hotel was exactly what we needed. An immaculate, quality room with two very comfortable queen beds,and surprisingly quiet given its location. The breakfast was good, with a freshly cooked omelette bar in operation and there were a number of quality facilities we did not use.......swimming pool, fitness room and shuttle service etc. Reception staff were friendly and very helpful. An excellent start to the trip.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
It is wonderful to hear that we could provide you with a warm receptioun to start your vacation in Calgary. We appreciate you taking the time to post your review and comments about the Best Western Premier Freeport Inn and Suites.
Long Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stayed here on 2 separate occasions and were very satisfied both times. The staff is courteous and the rooms are comfortable, clean and up-to-date. The complementary breakfast is more than adequate for all tastes and the shuttle bus insures easy access to and from the airport.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
I appreciate you taking the time to post your comments and a review of the Best Western Premier Freeport Inn and Suites. I'm pleased to see that we met all your needs as an arrival and departure airport hotel.
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Even though I was several hours early the check-in was smooth and efficient. I went up to the room to relax. The room was large and clean. There were 2 queen sized beds that were very comfortable and a chair with ottoman. There was also a microwave, refrigerator and safe along with other items.
Off the lobby is a business center where you can use a "public" computer and printer which came in handy when I needed to print out my boarding pass.
The lounge/restaurant is nice and opens around 4pm. The food selection is not large but sufficient to find something you might like. The prices are reasonable and the service was good.
The breakfast selection was very good. My only criticism is that most of the food is on two back-to-back counters but the egg-station is bit off to one side and not very obvious. Also the juices are located in a third place. Some signs indicating this would be nice.

Internet connection was fast.
Check-out was quickly completed.

I found the staff to be friendly and quickly addressed any questions.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and comments about your visit to our property. I'm please to see that you experienced a number of our services and found that they met your needs. I will take your comments about signage for the multiple stations of our full, hot complimentary breakfast into consideration.
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This past weekend my 9 year old daughter and I took off for a weekend get away before school and sports took over our weekends till next summer. We travelled from Edmonton to Calgary with the plan of going to the zoo. We searched for kid friendly hotels in Calgary and the Best Western Premier Freeport was highly rated.

The Hotel: The hotel appears to be quite new. The lobby and all common areas were clean and modern, as would be expected in a new hotel. The indoor pool was large and had a tall water slide that even I got a rush from and the fitness was well equipped

Check in: I booked the room using Expedia a day before and arrived at about 4:30 pm saturday afternoon. There was no one in the lobby and three clerks at the front desk. I presented the credit card I booked the room with and in under 3 minutes we were in the elevator on our way to the room.

The Room: the room was exactly as expected; clean, modern, large, with two queen sized beds that had wonderful pillow top mattresses. There was a safe, large flat screen tv and maybe a microwave and coffee make. There was also a large easy chair with ottoman that was a nice alternative to sitting on the bed or at the desk.

The Restaurant: We decided to have supper in the Liberty Lounge restaurant in the hotel, I had the rustic cod and my daughter had the Caesar salad. The food was very good and the price reasonable. The staff friendly and the service fast
On Sunday morning we took advantage of the complimentary breakfast. There was definitely something for everyone: an omelette bar, hot food, a waffle griddle, free fruit and pastries and lots more. Really a great breakfast .

Overall this is a wonderful hotel, well situated and reasonably priced. As with any new hotel it is difficult to find fault with the building, the grounds or the furnishings. Any possible fault would be with the staff. I did have one minor incident with the front desk staff that left me annoyed. The hotel web site clearly states ( twice ) that all rooms include bathrobes. Our room did not have bathrobes and when I enquired at the front desk I was told our room did not qualify. When I quoted what I read on the web site all three clerks looked at each other and said almost in unison that I was wrong. Obviously this has happened before. One clerk did finally agree to "take a look" and went back to the office for a moment or two, pretty sure the clean laundry isn't kept there. It was no surprise that there were no robes for me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western PREMIER Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for your review and comments about your recent stay at our property. While the majority of your stay met your expectations I will apologize for the lack of response by our staff to a very simple request. Whether the robe was included in your room or not we should have reacted with providing you with a robe and your stay would have been complete. Your feedback will be used to coach our team on “Listening and responding with empathy” to guests comments and requests. I truly hope that you will come back to stay with us again for another girls weekend away.

Been to Best Western PREMIER Freeport Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!