“Good value for the money” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Best Western PREMIER Freeport Inn & Suites

You added Best Western PREMIER Freeport Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Best Western PREMIER Freeport Inn & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   86 Freeport Boulevard NE, Calgary, Alberta T3J 5J9, Canada (Northeast Calgary)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #5 of 98 Hotels in Calgary
BC
“Good value for the money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

I was assigned a room on the 4th floor at the very end of the hall. Unfortunatley I was not offered any help with my luggage and I had a struggle to get it to the room as it was a long hallway asnd I was tired. I did notice that the hallway carpets needed a good cleaning and was concerned about the room but when I opened the door, the room was fine. I was only there for one night but would have been comfortable there for more, if I had had transportation available. It seemed a long way from any amenities but then, I only saw the route from the hotel to the airport.
I noticed that there was a small store of microwaveable dinners and snacks available for sale, in an alcove off the reception desk. That is an amenity that I have not seen in a hotel before. What a grand idea. If you didn't need a full meal this would be excellent choice for a top up.
I must have hit a weekend connected with spring break or some such thing as there were the noise of a lot of excited younger children running up and down in the hall, in and out of the room across from me, until 1030 and then silence and the hotel was quiet.
I had hoped to use the hot tub but the strong smell of chlorine kept me from going in. Maybe they had used extra shock as there were so many people in and out of it.
The 'restaurant' in the evening was adequate and the servings were substantial but I felt I was poaching space in a bar. In the morning the atmosphere in the room was very welcoming and bright. The array of breakfast items was more than ample for any appetite. This certainly was not a 'continental breakfast' as I know it.
Free easy to access wireless internet is another plus.
Yes I would stay here again when I have to overnight in Calgary.

Room Tip: if you have mobility problems, ask the front desk where your room is located in relation to the elev...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western PREMIER Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 4, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed review about our property. I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay and will be back again. I look forward to addressing the areas that we did not exceed your expectations and trust that on your next visit you will notice a difference!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

We stayed here when we had to catch an early morning flight and had a late flight back. We chose the Stay and Fly and would rate the shuttle service as EXCEPTIONAL. When we stayed here last year we didn't have to prebook the shuttle we just had to go down and catch it where as this year we had to book a time for the shuttle. I liked the flexibility last year of being able to catch the shuttle at 6:50 am vs having to prebook 6:30 am. When you are flying out early in the morning it's nice to not have to go any earlier then you have to. That being said our shuttle driver was ready to leave at 6:30 on the dot. When we arrived back at the airport from our trip it was great to be able to phone and have the shuttle there in less then 10 minutes. Both our shuttle drivers were very polite and friendly.

The rooms are clean and nice. We were a little disappointed with the coffee station when we stayed this time though. The first night we stayed when we made coffee in the morning and the coffee pot malfunctioned. I had turned to switch to the 2 cup option but it over filled one cup and barely filled the other cup. I did let the front desk know this when we checked out so hopefully they did as they said and looked into it. Also the paper they had put over the cups was stuck to the cups so you actually had to wash the cup first. On our return stay, the cups were dirty, one had lipstick still on it and the other had a white residue. I'm sure had I called they would have replaced the cups but I was turned off at that point and didn't feel like coffee from there.

The breakfast is great. They have the waffle machine and an omelet station.

Overall this is a great hotel and we would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and provide some valuable details about your experience. While I see that you enjoyed your stay I will be following up on your comments and using them to coach our staff for improvement. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.
Wetaskiwin, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

The photos of the suite make it look a lot bigger than it really is. When you get there it's a really narrow room and I felt suffocated. The bed was also way too hard for me. There were some fairly unattractive cleanliness issues as well... the desk staff discounted us a bit for them (and were sympathetic about it) but we still cancelled our second night and we wont return.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Ashleigh B, I am very disappointed that we didn't meet your expectations in the actual room layout and size. We strive to have pictures that portray the layout and decor of our facility and it certainly isn't our intention to be misleading. I am very sorry about this. With regard to the housekeeping issues you had I can assure you that the front desk staff pass on any information they receive and we coach our housekeeping staff so that it doesn't happen again. We take cleanliness very seriously! A good nights sleep is very important and I am also sorry to hear that our mattresses were not to your liking and further effected your impression of our property. Thank you for taking the time to write your review and provide use with your comments.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed here a few times and have enjoyed it. It has a pool, which is great for my daughter, but it is so cold. My seven year old was blue from the cold. I couldn't stay in longer than a minute. This most recent time the pool seemed to be at its coldest; although comments by. Management say they have raised the temperature. If you don't use the pool, the hotel is nice and comfortable. We won't be staying here again though. The pool is just too cold. The hot tub was also just Luke warm.

Stayed January 2012
Dear Sarah R, I am sorry to hear that the temperature of our pool effected your stay to the degree that you will not be staying with us again. I joined the hotel in late January and I have been working with our pool company to increase the water temperature each month based on guest's comments. As a rule the pool should be over 80F and it is now set at 84 degrees F. The hot tub is set at 102F but will fluctuate if we have to back-flow for cleaning purposes - which may have been the reason it was lukewarm when you were here. I can't comment on what the pool was set at during your visit in January, but I hope if you will try us again you will find the changes we have made will not leave you feeling blue!
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

Hotel was clean and modern. I booked a room with a view and got a view of the muddy parking lot and a Toyota dealership. Beds were comfortable. Fridge and microwave in room was nice. Hotel was fairly quiet. I could hear the planes but it wasn't bad. Complimentary breakfast was really nice but the dishes are not very clean, I think they need to check to see if the dishwasher is working properly. The coffee is good and they have a nice selection of tea. Kitchen staff are friendly, front desk is average. They have a Bar and Grill open in the evening but it is very limited in selection. Swimming pool is on the small size but fun for the kids and it has a waterslide which is a bonus. It is a very fast slide though (might be hard for younger children). If you are staying here for business or a lay-over then this would be satisfactory. Otherwise, I would probably find a hotel that is closer to amenities and has better scenery and more to do. CrossIron Mills mall is about a 8 - 10 minute drive away.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western PREMIER Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Dear Joansie68, Thank you for your review and comments about your stay at our property. I truly appreciate the detail you put into your review as it will help us to improve our service and quality for future guests. Thanks to comments like yours we are changing our lounge menu and have a new Chef poised to roll it our it out in early April. I hope you will come back to stay with us and sample the new choices.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

This was my second stay at this property (the first was in August 2011 with my family). This trip was for 2 days to attend some business meetings. The hotel has easy access to the main highway leading into downtown Calgary (about 20 minutes).

Friendly staff, very clean well appointed rooms, nice pool, excellent breakfast. They have added a made-to-order omelette station to the already excellent breakfast area. Make sure you get down to the breakfast area early (before 9am) as the tables get filled up quick.

The rooms include a small fridge and microwave which comes in handy.

Room Tip: The hotel offers an airport shuttle, so it may be easier to drop off your rental vehicle at the airp...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Joe_ETF, thank you for taking the time to review the Best Western Premier Freeport Inn and Suites. It is great to recieve your comments and hear a business traveller perspective on our location, service and breakfast. I am glad you enjoyed the omelet station and the shuttle to the airport. I look forward to meeting you on a future visit to Calgary.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

I stayed here for one night before a flight. This was a very nice new hotel. It even still smelled new. The front counter staff was friendly and quick to check me in. The king room I stayed in was well appointed and had a good size bathroom. The location to the airport was excellent.

Will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am always pleased to hear that we have met or exceeded our guests expectations and even happier to hear you will plan to stay with us again. I look forward to meeting you on your next visit to Calgary.

Been to Best Western PREMIER Freeport Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!