“Great Indian food! ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Moti Mahal

Moti Mahal
#38, 240 Midpark Way SE, Calgary, Alberta T2T 3T1, Canada (Southeast Calgary)
403-201-7336
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Moti Mahal is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #294 of 2,927 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Indian
Neighborhood: Southeast Calgary
Neighborhood: Southeast Calgary
“Great Indian food! ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Came here with some friends and the food was great! There was a nice variety of dishes to choose from and each was very tasty. I loved the butter chicken! The atmosphere in the restaurant is nice with authentic decor. I would recommend eating here.

“Late night dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have been to Moti Mahal a few times and pretty late without a reservation. Thy were very accommodating. Not very happy with the lighting because I am hardly able to read the menu. more my eye site really. The atmosphere is nice and warm. The food is good, I would not say great but quite good compared to some other east Indian restaurants. Make sure you order extra gravy with your dishes. I found the gravy for eating Nan insufficient unless you are having just one nan or sharing the nan. their tandoori and briyani are quite good. I also love their lamb vindaloo. Yes, I like it hot! I have never had their deserts because the main course leaves me quite full. perhaps on my next visit. I also heard they have a lunch buffet which I intend to try soon. I love their samosas and the mint and tamarind sauce accompaniment. Please include more mint and tamarind sauce. Again, the staff have always been super friendly. Just make sure you are not too hungry when you go there. Dinner takes time to be served.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Moti mahal was awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We dined at moti mahal in midnapore for the first time over the weekend. The service was great. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The food was excellent. We especially liked the tandoori items. We would (and have) recommend this restaurants to all of our friends.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“A wonderful Indian buffet, very reasonable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My wife and I go often to Moti Mahal.
We like the menu - the Butter Chicken is especially tasty.
The atmosphere is great, quiet and friendly. There are many food choices on the buffet, and Nan bread is always brought to you table. The service is great. The rice pudding is to die for!
We often to to Moti Mahal, and we will continue to do so.

Visited July 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Best Indian in South Calgary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We dine here regularly. The staff are super friendly and service is great. They'll advise if a portion is big enough for two to save you over ordering on rice etc.
I've never had a bad meal here and always go home feeling over full.
Highly recommended