“Pretty good Thai” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Thai Bistro

Thai Bistro
233 Centre Street South, Calgary, Alberta T2G 2B7, Canada (Downtown)
Website
Neighborhood: Downtown
Wetaskiwin, Canada
“Pretty good Thai”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

After reading reviews online we decided to eat at Thai Bistro during our night in Calgary. It was okay.. not quite as good as the other reviews made it out to be. It kind of lacked spice and authenticity but it was still pretty good. We've had worse, we've had better.

• Visited June 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

81% Recommend
Calgary
“Best little Thai Place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

This small family run Thai suffers from growing pain with it's success. The owner is the cook and uses the best authentic ingredients, lunch hour is hectic and waits can be frustrating but rewarding as each dish is prepared on order. Since I used to work close by, we as a group usually pre-order from the menu posted on the internet which is best for the cook and us. Dinner time is probably best to enjoy a slow and relaxing meal.

Visited April 2011
Edmonton, Canada
“great lunch service - enjoyed the food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

My husband and I had lunch today at the Thai Bistro and really enjoyed it! The service was excellent and our meals were great. My favorite was the coconut hot and sour soup. The pad thai was good and the green curry was very flavorful. All lunch dishes were under $10 - nice!

• Visited December 2011
Calgary, Canada
“Take out only this time for the first time, will be back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

I am in love with pad thai, obsessed actually and am always on a mission trying to find THE pad thai of my dreams; from the noodles, to the sauce to the lime to the peanuts to the spiciness. We had to try Thai Bistro for the first time where my husband ordered his typical usual - the chicken and pork fried rice. He gave it a 6 out of 10, thought it was too 'cinnamonny' tasting - this is how he described it. My PAD THAI (chicken and shrimp). Not half bad. No lime came with take out though, a point off for this as this dish has to have at least 1 large juicy lime. I would have to give it an 8 out of 10. The texture of the noodles were very good, the peanuts plentiful and the shrimp were cooked to perfection. The dish was ordered extra spicy but it did not come this way, a little disappointing but a nice meal all the same and I had enough for lunch the next day. I thought the portion sizes of the dishes were very good, prices average. We will certainly be back and my husband will be getting the pad thai along with me next time!

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Definitely one of my favorite places in Calgary. Great food and service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011 via mobile

One of our favorites! Go there often for lunch - but reservations are a must as it's often very full. Quick service and delicious food. My favorite is the red curry and coconut rice. Pad Thai of course is also delicious :o)