“If you can, choose another hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Hotel Calgary Macleod Trail

Save Saved
You added Travelodge Hotel Calgary Macleod Trail to your Saves list
Travelodge Hotel Calgary Macleod Trail
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9206 Macleod Trail South, Calgary, Alberta T2J 0P5, Canada (Southeast Calgary)   |
Ranked #91 of 98 hotels in Calgary
Ottawa, Canada
“If you can, choose another hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We recently stayed here for one night. We paid $122.08 (tax included) for a room with 1 queen size bed. The whole hotel is dated and pretty gross. We were on the 3rd floor and had to sleep with the fan on as the doors do slam shut and voices carry from the hallway. I can only compare it to a movie where you see some skeezy cracked out hotel. It was pretty gross and I'd rather sleep in my car than spend money to sleep there again.

The service was good though.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
CalgaryManagement, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Calgary Macleod Trail, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding our hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all it could have been.

Through each comment we receive both positive and negative, we are able to seek knowledge and growth to better serve our business and leisure travelers. I sincerely apologize for the noise issue encountered during your stay. You comfort and safety is my number one concern so I appreciate you bringing this to my attention and your review will assist in correcting issues in the future. This issue is not unique to our property alone. Many hotels encounter the same challenges with soundproofing, especially during the later evening hours.Our upcoming renovation and refreshing of the hotel will address all of your concerns and we hope you will return to experience our new look.

We once again sincerely apologize for the problems you experience at our hotel. We continue to work hard to ensure that all our guests enjoys their experience at the Travelodge.

144 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

The online special is a TRAP!! They will send you to the 3rd floor. room 308; the unsecured (no lock) window that can be climbed into via the roof of the bar below the window. the closet was unusable because the mirror doors falling into the closet. I asked for another room. No help from staff... I got room 418; this room was disgusting!! The filth, ( I have photos) the grime not cleaned in years!! The bathroom was pure filth, mould painted over, a thick grime behind the door. Long black hair in our bed, blonde hair in the shower. I don't scare easy... this room gave me nightmares. I wish I knew the depth of this problem... I'm looking at reviews and I'm wondering how they might still be open or that some authority has allowed me to rent a room in hotel. In Calgary Alta Canada.... I'm glad my health was not affected.

Room Tip: Do not sleep (if you can sleep) on the north side of the 3rd floor. the roof to the bar is just unde...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
CalgaryManagement, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Calgary Macleod Trail, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Hello Traveler

Firstly, let me sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences you faced during your stay with us. It was truly disheartening for me to learn that although you brought forth your complaints to the Front Desk that they still fell short of your expectations.

While we are extremely disappointed that despite the good location, our property was not a good match for you. We have gone in and diligently re-inspected both rooms that you occupied and have now made the necessary changes to bring them back up to standards, so I’m hopeful that your concerns will surely be a thing of the past.

I would like to thank you for your feedback, as it is feedback such as yours that prevent this from becoming a reoccurring issue.

Safe travels.
Vancouver Island, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I have NEVER been in such a DISGUSTING & FILTHY hotel in my life, and I travel a lot!
The sheets and bed spread were stained.
The sheets are covered with long dark hair.
The towels in the bathroom are stained.
The air conditioner has dark something running down the walls.
The lights in the room were not plugged in, so I needed to pull the tables away so that I could plug in the lights, the garbage and dirt behind the tables was disgusting, not cleaned in years.
There is dark stuff running down ALL the walls in the room.
I phoned front desk for a wake up call, nobody picking up the phone.
I went down to the front desk, the girl is somewhere in the back, the phone is ringing and she is not picking it up.
I did not get a wake up call.
A few doors down from mine have what looks like a drink splashed on the doors, has been there for a while.
I was on the 5th floor, in the morning the elevator was not working. (Dangerous????)

Room Tip: Find another hotel!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I booked for 3 nights, ended staying 1 night. Refused to give me refund.
Thats fine, but the hotel is adump, dirty & uncomfertable. The front
desk staff were annoying and had attitude. Breakfast is a JOKE. The
beds are falling apart. I do not know where is the inspector. How they
allow to be in bussiness, thats a JOKE.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Abbotsford
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I made the reservation through priceline as we often use the Travelodge on Macleod Trail for business and I heard lots of great things about it from my co-workers. Unfortunately they were talking about the Travelodge down the street closer to Chinook Mall near Glenmore Trail, which is a great spot. This hotel however is a dump, I have never stayed in such a dirty filthy run down place ever. Worst of all I couldn't get out of it as I booked it through priceline.

The Check in took a half hour or more, always a line at the front desk.

I used to be in the Hotel Business and I get the owners business model. Buy a hotel for cheap run it into the ground and make as much money as can because the market will keep my occupancy up, never spend a nickel and after its about to fall apart sell it to the highest better and run with the money.

Do yourself a favour and find another place to stay, unless you wanna sleep in a hazmat suit and shower with your shoes on.

Room Tip: Keep looking, even its a good deal.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Gananoque, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I have been at this hotel for 2 weeks and honestly it has been a nightmare. The hotel is so run down and the group of guest leaves alot to be desired. It is so rough I don't even leave my room. I have complained multiple times about the noise and overall lack of respect for anyone else staying in the hotel. To no avail, the front desk does nothing and looks like a deer in the headlights. I had to leave the maid a note just to get my sheets changed after 1 week and to clean the bathroom. Apparently cleaning the bathroom does not require you clean the sink. Disgusting. This is an embarrassment to be under the Wyndham umbrella. 6 more days here and I am ready to sleep in my car. Don't ever stay here!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Is it worth saving a buck to stay at a place which looks like what I imagine a methadone clinic looks like? The continental breakfast had a real group of beauties in there. I've never grabbed a muffin and ran out quicker in my life. Though it is a step up from the last place I stayed at, in which the toilet was not bolted to the ground, this place needs much work. I had no complaints during the period in which I slept beyond having to use the TV manually as the batteries were dead and likely swapped by the last person whom stayed here. I woke up this morning to the sound of someone dry heaving and blowing their nose for 10 minutes. The walls are so thin, I thought the guy was in my washroom. Needless to say, I won't be coming back.

Room Tip: Not recommended at all.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Travelodge Hotel Calgary Macleod Trail? Share your experiences!