“Why is this hotel allowed to operate? Call the health department!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Hotel Calgary Macleod Trail

You added Travelodge Hotel Calgary Macleod Trail to your Saves list
Travelodge Hotel Calgary Macleod Trail
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9206 Macleod Trail South, Calgary, Alberta T2J 0P5, Canada (Haysboro)   |
Ranked #86 of 106 Hotels in Calgary
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
“Why is this hotel allowed to operate? Call the health department!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

The online special is a TRAP!! They will send you to the 3rd floor. room 308; the unsecured (no lock) window that can be climbed into via the roof of the bar below the window. the closet was unusable because the mirror doors falling into the closet. I asked for another room. No help from staff... I got room 418; this room was disgusting!! The filth, ( I have photos) the grime not cleaned in years!! The bathroom was pure filth, mould painted over, a thick grime behind the door. Long black hair in our bed, blonde hair in the shower. I don't scare easy... this room gave me nightmares. I wish I knew the depth of this problem... I'm looking at reviews and I'm wondering how they might still be open or that some authority has allowed me to rent a room in hotel. In Calgary Alta Canada.... I'm glad my health was not affected.

Room Tip: Do not sleep (if you can sleep) on the north side of the 3rd floor. the roof to the bar is just unde...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
CalgaryManagement, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Calgary Macleod Trail, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Hello Traveler

Firstly, let me sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences you faced during your stay with us. It was truly disheartening for me to learn that although you brought forth your complaints to the Front Desk that they still fell short of your expectations.

While we are extremely disappointed that despite the good location, our property was not a good match for you. We have gone in and diligently re-inspected both rooms that you occupied and have now made the necessary changes to bring them back up to standards, so I’m hopeful that your concerns will surely be a thing of the past.

I would like to thank you for your feedback, as it is feedback such as yours that prevent this from becoming a reoccurring issue.

Safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Vancouver Island, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I have NEVER been in such a DISGUSTING & FILTHY hotel in my life, and I travel a lot!
The sheets and bed spread were stained.
The sheets are covered with long dark hair.
The towels in the bathroom are stained.
The air conditioner has dark something running down the walls.
The lights in the room were not plugged in, so I needed to pull the tables away so that I could plug in the lights, the garbage and dirt behind the tables was disgusting, not cleaned in years.
There is dark stuff running down ALL the walls in the room.
I phoned front desk for a wake up call, nobody picking up the phone.
I went down to the front desk, the girl is somewhere in the back, the phone is ringing and she is not picking it up.
I did not get a wake up call.
A few doors down from mine have what looks like a drink splashed on the doors, has been there for a while.
I was on the 5th floor, in the morning the elevator was not working. (Dangerous????)

Room Tip: Find another hotel!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Abbotsford
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I made the reservation through priceline as we often use the Travelodge on Macleod Trail for business and I heard lots of great things about it from my co-workers. Unfortunately they were talking about the Travelodge down the street closer to Chinook Mall near Glenmore Trail, which is a great spot. This hotel however is a dump, I have never stayed in such a dirty filthy run down place ever. Worst of all I couldn't get out of it as I booked it through priceline.

The Check in took a half hour or more, always a line at the front desk.

I used to be in the Hotel Business and I get the owners business model. Buy a hotel for cheap run it into the ground and make as much money as can because the market will keep my occupancy up, never spend a nickel and after its about to fall apart sell it to the highest better and run with the money.

Do yourself a favour and find another place to stay, unless you wanna sleep in a hazmat suit and shower with your shoes on.

Room Tip: Keep looking, even its a good deal.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Gananoque, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I have been at this hotel for 2 weeks and honestly it has been a nightmare. The hotel is so run down and the group of guest leaves alot to be desired. It is so rough I don't even leave my room. I have complained multiple times about the noise and overall lack of respect for anyone else staying in the hotel. To no avail, the front desk does nothing and looks like a deer in the headlights. I had to leave the maid a note just to get my sheets changed after 1 week and to clean the bathroom. Apparently cleaning the bathroom does not require you clean the sink. Disgusting. This is an embarrassment to be under the Wyndham umbrella. 6 more days here and I am ready to sleep in my car. Don't ever stay here!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Is it worth saving a buck to stay at a place which looks like what I imagine a methadone clinic looks like? The continental breakfast had a real group of beauties in there. I've never grabbed a muffin and ran out quicker in my life. Though it is a step up from the last place I stayed at, in which the toilet was not bolted to the ground, this place needs much work. I had no complaints during the period in which I slept beyond having to use the TV manually as the batteries were dead and likely swapped by the last person whom stayed here. I woke up this morning to the sound of someone dry heaving and blowing their nose for 10 minutes. The walls are so thin, I thought the guy was in my washroom. Needless to say, I won't be coming back.

Room Tip: Not recommended at all.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Lethbridge, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Pretty dirty and some rooms are mouldy. Was given Internet wifi password at check-in. Went to room and tried to log in. Signal was so bad I had to go to reception and even there it didn't work. When I asked, they said yes it doesn't work and we have tried but can't fix it (begging the question why give me a password at all?). No apology, didnt care at all. They only have it so they can advertise free wifi when people are booking and want wifi but it does not work so avoid this place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dartmouth, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I am not one to criticize reasonably priced lodging but this is one night I would like to forget. Finding a hotel in Calgary on short notice can be challenging thus on this particular evening I was compelled to book at this establishment. I was intimidated upon check in due to the suspect individuals hanging around the entrance. I was relieved to get to my room until I opened the door. Why? First of all there were two beds with stained sheets, numerous lights did not work, the air conditioner was also not functioning, there was a terrible smell in the room, I could go on and on! This is one night I do not want to remember!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo