“Worst hotel I have ever stayed in!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Hotel Calgary Macleod Trail

You added Travelodge Hotel Calgary Macleod Trail to your Saves list
Travelodge Hotel Calgary Macleod Trail
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9206 Macleod Trail South, Calgary, Alberta T2J 0P5, Canada (Haysboro)   |
Ranked #90 of 100 Hotels in Calgary
Melfort, Saskatchewan, Canada
“Worst hotel I have ever stayed in!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Horrible experience right from the start. Booked & payed for 2 nights through an online booking agency ahead of time. Big mistake! We arrived around 9:30 PM with a couple of kids. The first room we checked into had a broken toilet & shower. They graciously gave us another room. Both the first room & the second room had a smoke smell, even though they were non-smoking rooms. Next, our youngest, not quite 2 years old, needed a crib or playpen. I called the front desk, like I would in any hotel, only to find that they could not provide a crib or playpen. I proceeded to bring their guest services book out to them, which said cribs are provided. The girl @ the front desk told me she was sorry, but there was nothing to do. She could not wrap her head around why I was still upset after she said she was sorry. When I continued to complain, she threatened to call the police on me if I did not stop "abusing" her. She then told me that she could not call anybody, but I could talk with a manager who was not in until 11:00. When the manager finally arrived, he was the nicest person ever to deal with. He had a crib for me in 2 minutes. Though the manager was nice, my overall experience was horrible & I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Best way to choose a good room is to stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Dorset
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Check in was easy. Rooms are small and dirty, thick with dust, loose electric sockets. Would never use hotel again, nor recommend to others.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Room was falling apart. Dirty tubs and toilets. Staff wasnt helpful at all they were actually taking problems as i dont care. 1 week and i never had towels room wasnt getting cleaned as requested. Really the worst hotel ive stayed in. Stayed in better looking and cleaner motels in toronto crack head areas.NEVER GOING BACK THERE AGAIN. Rather stay with the rats under the bridge. Disgusting.

• Stayed June 2012
Okanagan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

We recently stayed here on an excursion for a Con thinking that for the cheap rates under the Travelodge name we had found a great deal. Wrong. We arrived approximately 10-15 before the posted check in time and was told we had to wait for another hour before the rooms would be ready which of course made us late for the convention. After running in an throwing our baggage in because we were running late we rushed to the convention and arrive back at our hotel after the day at the con only to find that the parking lot was completely full. Apparently because it is attached to a Comedy Club whenever there is a show the parking lot fills to the brim. This hotel easily has over 400 hotel rooms but by my guess only has about 100 stalls and they are all gone when that Comedy show is on. When we confronted the attendant she seemed to have no answer for us, and no over flow parking, she was extremely rude but did inform us that if we were to park off of the hotel grounds we would likely be towed and that the comedy show ended around midnight and if we waited until then we would most likely have more spots open. After circling a few times I noticed that we were not the only hotel guests getting impatient as people began to park on the lawn areas and double parking in front of the garbage cans and doors just so that they could go inside and sleep. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone unless they plan on arriving back at the hotel before 6, just in case there is a comedy sketch going on. Beds were okay - but after waiting and circling for hours I could have slept on a floor. I wish I had checked Trip Advisor before we booked.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

Cleanliness and services leave much to be desired. But the most disappointing thing in our stay was that they hang unjustified fees on us. As soon as we entered our room, we noticed that the bottle of water they offer for additional charge was already opened and not full, so my husband went down to the lobby immediately and returned this bottle with explanation that it was opened by someone else and it is just not safe to use it.
The next day after we checked out I noticed the charge for this bottle on my credit card which they charged without my agreement. It is not a big amount of money, but I just don't think it is right to make us pay for someone else.
The fact that there was an opened bottle of water by our arrival is itself unpleasant as it means they don't clean rooms well enough, but that they charged us for it is even more unpleasant. I tried to contact them but they never responded. Just don't use your credit card in Travelodge - never. Pay your security deposit by cash or debit. In this case they won't be able to hang any charges on you after you will check out.

Room Tip: Just don't give them your credit card details. Use cash or debit card
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
CalgaryManagement, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Calgary Macleod Trail, responded to this review, May 19, 2012
Dear Traveler,

I am sorry that your stay us was not satisfactory. I will be sharing your comments about your room cleanliness with our Executive Housekeeper. In regards to the bottle of water, our team clearly dropped the ball in this incident. The break down in communication between the departments has caused you to be charged for something you did not use.

I understand that this is not a lot of money however if you contact the management at the hotel will do the outmost to rectify the situation.

Also, thanks to your feed back we will be providing the additional training to the front desk team.
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

We booked on their own website, but the booking was completely incorrect. Also, the website took credit card information, but it was not processed.

The room was clean and quiet. The location was a little far south, but not too far from the Stampede Grounds.

Room Tip: Call ahead to confirm the booking.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
CalgaryManagement, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Calgary Macleod Trail, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Dear Traveler,

First of all I thank you for your feed back and for staying with us.
Unfortunately, sometimes technology is not perfect and this particular case is a perfect example.

Again thank you for your feed back
Saskatoon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

My family stayed at this hotel despite the ill advised reviews on tripadvisor. I've read in previous comments that people have heard pigeons waking them up, bugs showing up, and loud ice machine if you are sleeping next to the ice machine. And Guess what???? while staying at this hotel for 2 nights, we had trouble sleeping because we were next to an ice machine, we found a cockroach waiting for us the next day on the bed wiggling about, and can't forget the pigeons outside our windows. Its a cheap and very old hotel, comparable to a super 8 motel. Not going back again!

Room Tip: Don't choose a room next to an icemachine, bring ear plugs because the pidgeons are annoying.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
CalgaryManagement, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Calgary Macleod Trail, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Dear Traveler,

Thanks to your feedback I was able to review your concern.
In regards of bugs we at the Travelodge on Macleod Trail have an outside company who sprays the rooms on a monthly schedule.

I apologies that you did not get a full night asleep due to the elevator, most of the time we are able to move you to a different room upon request. Due to this comment I will be able to provide additional training to our staff

Again, I thank you for your feedback.

Been to Travelodge Hotel Calgary Macleod Trail? Share your experiences!