“This Would be my Last Choice in Calgary” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Calgary International Airport

You added Travelodge Calgary International Airport to your Saves list
Travelodge Calgary International Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2750 Sunridge Blvd NE, Calgary, Alberta T1Y 3C2, Canada (Northeast Calgary)   |
Ranked #84 of 98 Hotels in Calgary
Leonard, Texas
“This Would be my Last Choice in Calgary”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed here because of having a flight the next morning. It is in an area that has several other hotels so it looks ok from the outside. Inside the rooms are very small and way outdated. The employees seem nice and helpful. The rooms were as clean as possible for what they had to work with. This hotel is in bad need of an update. I would choose something else next time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
WHG7102F, General Manager at Travelodge Calgary International Airport, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its’ team for your stay. We are extremely disappointed to read this review and are dismayed to hear of your experience. We are looking to address the issues listed and learn more about where we can improve. We hope that you to experience a room that meets the quality of our service and location.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I am from Australia and stayed here after travelling back from visitng USA. It was in the more reasonable price range and i chose that deliberately. I also chose to stay here as this hotel was close to airport and had a free shuttle bus which was attractive as I arrived late at night.
All staff were helpful and polte both at check in and check out.
I spent VERY little time here as I had things planned, but bed was very comfy and welcome at the end of travelling.
There were very minimal coffee n tea facilities in the room.
The transit train line was only 10-15 minute walk away, which was helpul for me as I had no car and needed to meet tours in the downtown city centre.

Room Tip: I always read a lot of previous reviews before deciding and booking accommodation, so far have not b...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We are very lucky to be located so close to the C Train in Calgary. Being an airport location, we understand many of our guests are without a vehicle. This give our guests an opportunity to have a free shuttle to the airport, as well as a way to see the many site Calgary has to offer. Your review is greatly appreciated and we hope you will return again soon.
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Booked this hotel as it was well priced and provided free transfer to Calgary Airport. Not sure why everyone is giving this hotel a bad rep. Obviously their expectations are to high. This isn't the type of hotel were "Charles" comes to your room before bedtime to offer a turn down service. Check In wasn't the fastest but was efficient and staff were polite even though it was busy. Room was what I booked and what I had expected. Bed was comfy and sleep quality was good. Only issue was the housekeeping staff were loud when walking down the corridors and communicating with staff at the other end of the corridor. Overall was a good hotel for the price I paid and would stay again and recommend to others requiring an overnight sleep before/between flights.

Room Tip: Free Airport transfers are every hour. Book at reception the day before departure.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
It was truly a pleasure for us to read your review and we feel as if you summed up our property perfectly. Should your travels bring you back to Calgary we hope to have you as our guest.
Medicine Hat
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

The outside of the hotel is somewhat deceiving, it appears to be average or above, but sadly, the inside does not even come close to the outside perception. Very old, dated, almost run-down. Furniture, bedding, carpet, bathrooms - all very 1970's and quite dismal to the eye. Didn't have an issue with housekeeping, they did as best they could, but certain things, like bathtub staining is out of their control. One positive was the flat screen tv, which seemed out of place where everything else was so outdated. Air conditioning is terrible, barely blows a draft. Shower was downright disappointing, no water pressure what-so-ever. We were on the 4th floor and the vending machine and ice machine didn't work, we had to travel to the second floor out of our way to get snacks and ice, simply a pain in the behind.
My husband complained the morning after our first nights stay, and the assistant at the front desk was despicable. He shrugged his shoulders and had an "oh well" attitude. We asked to speak to the manager, whom wasn't in yet as it was too early in the morning, and the clerk was hesitant to give us his business card to contact him when we had time later that day with appointments lined up, the male assistant actually said -"don't know what to tell ya!" Customer service at its finest as you can tell.
Given the service and experience at this Travelodge, it is an absolute given, we will never stay here again. There are many other hotels on the same strip and although their price is higher, its worth it for quality customer service and a welcoming atmosphere. Don't bother coming in folks, keep driving, and thank me later!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
WHG7102F, General Manager at Travelodge Calgary International Airport, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, so we may resolve any and all issues. A warm welcome at all times by the Front Office team and courteous, helpful service is indeed the basis of guests feeling valued and I am concerned that you felt otherwise. I have discussed with the Front Office Manager and he is addressing this with her team as a matter of urgency. We once again sincerely apologize for the problems you experienced at Travelodge Calgary Airport. We continue to work hard to ensure that all our guests enjoy their experiences at our hotel.
Alberta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I was recently heading to the U.S on an early morning flight so I decided it would be easier to drive to Calgary and stay the night. Because I was only going to be in the room for about 6 hours, I didn't want to pay a huge amount of money..biggest mistake ever!! I confirmed my room 2 weeks ahead - 1 King bed - non-smoking. I get to the hotel and check in, get into the creaking, goaning elevator to the 4th floor, drop my bags look at the bed which is a queen not a king but decide its already late and I want supper before everything closes. Go out for supper, and stop by the front desk to enquire about my room. I get a different gentleman than the original one, and when I say they gave me the wrong room he says to me "what do you want me to do about it?" I say 'give me what I paid for"..he then stands in front of the computer pretending to do something on it..answers this cell phone as I am waiting there. He then tells me I got the room that I confirmed a Queen. I proceed to turn my phone towards him showing right where it says 1 king bed- non-smoking. He then taps some more keys and states they have no more non smoking kings..only smoking king rooms. At this time there is absolutely no apology, he then tells me that I am already getting the best rate at 108.00 a night(like I should be appreciative). At this point it is 10pm and I need to be at the airport for 3am so I tell him I will just keep the queen and I would deal with Travelodge directly. The nightmare does not end there.. I come down to the lobby at 2:50am, check out and ask about the shuttle I asked for the day before when I first checked in. The front desk clerk barely looks at me and says "go wait outside", as I am leaving I see another gentleman in the lobby but think nothing of it. I go out and wait beside the van, the gentleman from the lobby comes out opens the back and proceeds to tell me I can place my luggage in the back with his. At this time the shuttle driver walks right past us to the front of the van and gets in. He does not even acknowledge his passengers, or ask if we need help with our luggage. We drive the 20 mins to the airport, with no word from the shuttle driver to either of us, so we chatted amongst ourselves. We get to the airport and the shuttle driver did not even ask us which airline we were flying with, he just silently pulled over to the curb at which time, the other passenger and I get out and proceed to pull our own luggage out of the back of the van. This experience was completely a terrible start to my vacation and I will never again stay at a Travelodge!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay. It is very disappointing to learn about the incident that took place during your stay with us. Rest assured that additional training and coaching has been done in order to avoid any re-occurrence. We always appreciate feedback that will allow us to make improvements and hope that you would consider giving us a second chance to provide you with the stay that you initially deserved.
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

From the outside the hotel looks very nice. But that is where it ends. The front desk staff lack competence. The room is the smallest hotel room I have ever seen. The room was in poor condition. It feels like a $35.00 per night motel.

Room Tip: In the area there is an abundance of good hotels. Any of them are better than this hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
I am sorry to hear that our service was not up to standards. Our staff pride themselves on their Customer Service, and we would love for you to give us another chance to see that this stay was an outlier.
Winnipeg, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed here overnight Aug. 14th and was very displeased with everything. Could not find the shuttle so took taxi from YYC to "Airport Hotel" advertised as convieniently "near" the airport yet $37.00 to hotel which BTW is no where near the airport in terms of driving. Waited 45 minutes to checkin to a smoking room which I booked as non-smoking. Room was disgusting to say the least and way over priced. AC hung onto the wall by styrofoam, several patched holes in the walls, TV was full of lines and interference, bed was very uncomfortable, and staff rude and unhelpful. Asked if a restaurant was nearby clerk told me I don't know when a Boston Pizza is a 5 minute walk away?? Shuttle was 20 mins late the next morning to YYC and I couldn't get out of there fast enough. If not for the late hour of my arrival then I would never have stayed. Just a very poor hotel in all aspects.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for posting. These comments are very important because they help us pursue continuous improvement. I promise you that we understand how frustrating this must have been. We strive to offer excellent service, and I appoliogize that we did not live up to those expectations. Thank you again for bringing your concerns to our attention.

Been to Travelodge Calgary International Airport? Share your experiences!