“A bit out of the way but okay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Calgary International Airport

Save Saved
You added Travelodge Calgary International Airport to your Saves list
Travelodge Calgary International Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2750 Sunridge Blvd NE, Calgary, Alberta T1Y 3C2, Canada (Northeast Calgary)   |
Ranked #82 of 98 hotels in Calgary
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“A bit out of the way but okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My first impression of this hotel was disappointment at how far from the airport and city centre it is (20-25 minutes from the airport in the hotel's shuttle bus). Once I'd got my bearings after the first day I was a lot happier. Turn left out of the front entrance and a 10 minute walk brings you the large Sunridge Mall; behind the mall is a C-Train stop which will take you to Calgary downtown. Turn right out from the hotel's front entrance and then immediately right along 26 St. NE and a five minute walk brings you to a gas station/small grocery store along with several fast food outlets.

My room was okay, nothing special, except that there was no fridge, just a large space where one appeared to have been. Perhaps I was unlucky or maybe the fridges had been taken out of all the rooms.

The service from the day staff was excellent; this contrasted with the offhanded attitude of one of the evening staff. It doesn't take much effort to make eye contact when speaking to guests.

I'm unlikely to ever visit Calgary again but if I was to change flights there I'd be okay with stoppong at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
WHG7102F, Manager at Travelodge Calgary International Airport, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Hello Mr. Bernice,

First of all I would like to thank you for your feedback, in regards of the commuting from the airport. Previous to April 2011 it took us only 8 minutes to drive from and to the Airport, however in the last year due to the closing of the main route is taking us longer.

The good news is that the tunnel and the runaway are due to be completed by next year, this should reduce our guests commuting time drastically.
Again, I thank you for your patience and your feedback.

Happy holidays

206 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Polish first
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

smoking room no ash trays garbage can and looked like chew spewed over the walls.tryed to change room none available. on top of that no hot water for a hotel of that size show very poor management. this is the worst hotel experience by far !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Uxbridge, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed for one night b/c everything else was literally booked. Initial impression was not bad but after listening to staff bicker as I waited to be served I looked around and saw how decrepid everything was. My room had a rank odour. I could hear the next room through the walls and the shower had someone else's hair in the shower!

GROSS!

Room Tip: stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Halton Hills, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

While calling from the road we were told not to worry about making a reservation as there were tons of main floor rooms available. Once we arrived we were put way at the end of a long, dingy hallway where there was no light by our room. I had asked for a room close to the entrance so questioned this. We were told it was the only room left in the main floor.....so much for TONS of main floor rooms only 2 hours prior when I called. The windows of the tiny, old, unkept room looked out into a dark parking lot with parked transports and a circling van - the old, brittle plastic window locks wouldn't have held a baby's tug! The phone was sticky with dirt and there wasn't even a coffee maker - I had to call and ask for one. We have travelled across the country a few times now and this is the worst hotel experience by far - old, dirty, not secure and the smallest bathroom and bed area one could imagine - DONT GO!!

Room Tip: go to a different hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
WHG7102F, Manager at Travelodge Calgary International Airport, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Kim,

Thank you for sharing challenges that you unfortunately had to experience during your stay, and for which I would like to apologize.

Thanks to your feedback I will be able to address your experience with our front line staff and with our Executive Housekeeper.
All of our rooms come with a coffee maker, unfortunately in this particular case we came short of your and my expectation.
Had you requested a room on higher floors instead of the main floor, you would have received a room with a view.

We do hope we will be given the opportunity to serve you once again and to show you we can do better. We also hope your confidence in the Travelodge Hotel Calgary will be restored.

Dunblane, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

On a recent holiday to Canada I fell and broke my ankle In 3 places and had surgery. After hospital I transfered to The Travelodge for what we thought was one night until the insurance company flew us back to Scotland. Three days later we were still there.
I can't thank the staff enough for finding me a disabled room and going t to great lengths, at a busy time, to ensure we didn't have to change rooms.
We met with great kindness and I can't thank them enough- especially Darcy, on reception, who is a special lady
Barbara and Tom
Dunblane

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
WHG7102F, Manager at Travelodge Calgary International Airport, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Hello Barbara and Tom,

First of all I am glad you got home safe and Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay very much.
Rest assured that I will be sharing your comment with the rest of the team and in particular with Darcy.

Again, thank you for your kind words.
KALAMAZOO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Overall a fine place to stay. Not the most modern and only average on the cleanness, but not bad for the price and a quiet place to sleep.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Hello Brian,

Many thanks for contributing your comments to TripAdvisor.

Hotel Management

Been to Travelodge Calgary International Airport? Share your experiences!