My first impression of this hotel was disappointment at how far from the airport and city centre it is (20-25 minutes from the airport in the hotel's shuttle bus). Once I'd got my bearings after the first day I was a lot happier. Turn left out of the front entrance and a 10 minute walk brings you the large Sunridge Mall; behind the mall is a C-Train stop which will take you to Calgary downtown. Turn right out from the hotel's front entrance and then immediately right along 26 St. NE and a five minute walk brings you to a gas station/small grocery store along with several fast food outlets.
My room was okay, nothing special, except that there was no fridge, just a large space where one appeared to have been. Perhaps I was unlucky or maybe the fridges had been taken out of all the rooms.
The service from the day staff was excellent; this contrasted with the offhanded attitude of one of the evening staff. It doesn't take much effort to make eye contact when speaking to guests.
I'm unlikely to ever visit Calgary again but if I was to change flights there I'd be okay with stoppong at this hotel again.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Calgary International Airport Hotel Calgary
- Travelodge Calgary International Airport Hotel
- Travelodge Calgary
- Calgary Travelodge
- Calgary Travel Lodge
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern Hotel located on Barlow Trail, 1 block north of Highway 1. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Olotels, EasyToBook, Otel, Expedia, Priceline, Venere, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Travelodge Calgary International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.