“Different standards from the States” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Calgary International Airport

You added Travelodge Calgary International Airport to your Saves list
Travelodge Calgary International Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2750 Sunridge Blvd NE, Calgary, Alberta T1Y 3C2, Canada (Northeast Calgary)   |
Ranked #86 of 100 Hotels in Calgary
Waxahachie
“Different standards from the States”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I think hotels in Canada hold different standards than the United States. This is not a bad thing, just different. I liked my dorm room styled room. I wasn't moving in, just spending the night. I got a good night's sleep, which is all that I asked for.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
WHG7102F, Manager at Travelodge Calgary International Airport, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Hello Jeremy,

I would like to thank you for providing us with important feedback so we can continue to improve our guest service and guest satisfaction. Also, I am glad you slept well at our property.

Again, thank you for your comment and for staying with us

Calgary Travelodge Airport
Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Woodstock, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

stayed 4 night here last month- July 2012, Pictures on website (at the time I booked)show a lovely pool and whirlpool - the whirlpool is bricked over and the pool is the same temp as your garden hose - my kids spent 4 min in it then never went back, nor did we see anyone else in it. When I asked the front desk about the misleading marketing the only reply was "well I guess you can write a review". Website also advertises oversized rooms... not so much! very small and dated. Room airconditioner could not cool the room down to a comfortable level. One elevator broken and the other sounded like it was going to die. sure it was in the cheap range, but for just a few bucks more you will be far more comfortable elsewhere.

Room Tip: Stay Away!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for providing us with a valuable feedback, after reading your comments I gathered our maintenance team and checked our pool temperature, currently is 31 degree, which is within the standards.

I apologize for the inconvenience, its possible that particular day our pool was malfunctioning, however rest assured that our maintenance team is in top of it.
The pool gets check on a daily bases for the temperature and the water Chemical parameters.

My apology for our staff’s lack of empathy and not helping you, I will definitely address your comment with our front line staff.
Saskatoon, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Stayed here back in April on our way from SK to BC..... wish I hadn't. My fiance and I booked online and there was no option for a pet, but the hotel is pet-friendly. So I added a memo in that I would have my 15lb dog coming as well. Booked a room with 1 bed (1 queen, I believe). Called to confirm our reservation the day before we were to arrive, and everything was good to go - however, the employee on the phone sounded very irritable that I had to call to confirm our booking. We arrived at the hotel about 9pm - no body was at the desk. We waited around for about 15 minutes, standing there until some young man walked out of the office. We were greeted with "What do you need?" Mentioned we were checking in, had my drivers license and credit card out ready for him, told him my last name and he said "No room for you." A little confused, I asked him to please check again, search through the history of my name or something, and after about 10 minutes of standing there, we said our reservation was cancelled cause there was no credit card on it. I laughed, pulled out my phone and showed him my email receipt from the website, saying it was booked with my credit card. When that didn't get me my room, I showed him that my credit card was also already charge. He phoned the manager or somebody, and then got us a room with 2 beds.... not what I wanted/needed. But whatever, so we go to our room and about an hour later he comes up and says we need to move - he "didn't know we had a dog" and he put us in a pet-free room. Could have been much nicer about the whole situation but whatever. So we move and the new room smelt like someone just had a couple smokes in there. I said he requested a smoke free room, and he told me to either take this room or go find someplace else. So we settled for the room. Over top of the smoke smell, the carpet was badly stained, the window full of finger prints, and the bathroom had hair in the tub.Their pool is open for an extra hour at the end of the night for adults only - I am 24..... the same guy asked me to leave the pool during this hour because it was for "adults only." When we checked out in the morning, I asked for the manager and the lady at the desk told me that the manager wasn't there. I asked if I could leave my number to discuss a few issues with them and she refused to take down my number. I left in our the front desk anyway. I explained to the lady at check out everything that went wrong and asked if I could have some sort of compensation for my stay - a discount, free night, whatever. She refused and said "next time, to avoid issues, don't book online." Then she mentioned that I didn't pay enough for my room type, but I told her it was not my fault that I got moved so much for something I had no control over. Managed to actually something in my room as well, and had to run back up - took me a while because the housekeepers wouldn't let my dog on my elevator with them (he is a pug). Just terrible customer service.... I really wouldn't wish anyone to go to this hotel. I could have lived with the dirty room - but the lack of customer service makes me to never stay there again. I'd rather sleep in my car.

Room Tip: Apparently, never book online, according the employee.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Tom,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on our costumer service. I am sorry that our team was not attentive to your needs. Please know that your comments are important to us and we will address this issue.
I would have liked for you to discuss your concerns with me unfortunately, I was not able to meet you. Please feel free to contact me via phone or email so that I can apologize properly.

I will be using your comments as a tool for our next department meeting so that your experience will give us the opportunity to improve for our future guests.

I again, apologize for your experience and I would like to thank you for providing us with important feedback so we can continue to improve our guest service and guest satisfaction.

I wish you a Happy Thanks Given to you and your Family.
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I was so disappointed with this hotel.
For starters the hotel was rude and was not able to help us out at all when it came to getting two rooms side by side which i had requested months ago. It felt like we were bothering the staff more when this was brought to there attention. As well as i had requested a non smoking room, was then placed in a smoking room. I have six year old with asthma, this was not acceptable, the staff said "too bad, we have nothing else for you, call down in the morning".
When i finally looked around the room, there was hair in the tub, hair in the bed, stains on the comforter and on the mattresses. There was also a huge brown stain on the lamp, really the lamp.
The hotel needs updating but that wasn't as bad as the lack of customer service and cleanliness of the rooms.
This was then brought up to the hotel staff and all i got was a "oh sorry" but yet nothing was going to be done about it.
We did not even stay one night.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Pay the extra and get a good hotel that will help you out.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
WHG7102F, Manager at Travelodge Calgary International Airport, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Dear Kat,

First of all I thank you for your feedback and for bringing to my attention the unpleasant experience you had at our hotel
Customer service is one of our company’s top priorities so I was particularly troubled to hear what happened during your stay. The Staff at Calgary Airport Travelodge are firm believer in going above and beyond for our guests.
Thanks to your feedback we have indeed taken your feedback into account in order to address the situation and avoid any reoccurrence.

Macau, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

My friend book this hotel for a night before our flight. When we arrived and load all our luggage to the room assigned, we found it is a wrong one as we booked a room for three people and there was only one bed in the room. The staff helped to arrange that and we got the right room. Both of these room were at the end of the corridor, we were all tired of moving the luggage. The corridor had a strange smell, and the room was not very clean. Service was slow and we strongly won't recommend this if you have certain demand for your stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

Booked this place for free airport shuttle and parking. Only good thing about this place. For $150 a night we got the smallest room and it was a total dive. We went swimming and was not in there long. Felt hair all over my body, bandaid and gum was on the floor. The water looked like it hasn't been cleaned in months. I would never recommend this place

• Stayed July 2012
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

If you're tired, it's late, and you're only here for one night then this place is fine. But if you are going to be here for a few nights you might want to look elsewhere, especially if you are not alone. The rooms are very small and with a big suitcase there is little room to move around. I don't know if it's just Stampede fever getting to people or what but the street next to the hotel is apparently a popular place to burnout of a parking lot. It does, however, have a nice view of downtown.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Travelodge Calgary International Airport? Share your experiences!