“Stay Away from this Super 8” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Calgary Airport

You added Super 8 Calgary Airport to your Saves list
Super 8 Calgary Airport
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3030 Barlow Trail Northeast, Calgary, Alberta T1Y 1A2, Canada (Southeast Calgary)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #63 of 100 Hotels in Calgary
NB
“Stay Away from this Super 8”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2008

I booked a reservation here through expedia, at the end of a rockies trip to be close to the airport.

When we arrived in the evening, we were told our room was not ready. When I asked why our room was not ready, i was told our reservation had just been cancelled and we were not welcome. The person at the front desk said there were the manager and would not lat me speak with anyone else.

We were treated extremely rudely.

I would strongly recommend staying elsewhere, as there are other similarly priced hotels in the area.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
saskatchewan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2008

Booked for my adult chidren who were on holidays withus. They drove back o Calgary to fly home, anted to stay near airport. Dropped bags and ran out for supper and movie. Came back and started to look around room. Floors filthy, did not want to take off shoes. Chairs had stains all over them. Beds were not made properly and sheets did not even fit the bed. The bathroom grout was blach and mouldy yellow where it was not black. The air conditioning unit smelt like pee. Kids went down and said they were leaving and clerk said they still had to pay for the night, would not them leave without paying. Ripped off! Reporting to Head Office.

• Liked — rip off
  • Disliked — ripped off
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2007

We booked our room months in advance and got good value - $80 approx. We arrived very tired after nearly 24 hrs travel time - and were pleased with our room (especially after reading the reviews). The bed was enormous, the room and bathroom were both clean. We hadn't realised that there was free coffee/tea downstairs near the reception desk until breakfast otherwise we'd have made the most of that!
We slept well - the room was quiet.
Breakfast was nice - good choice of cereals, muffins & toast - unlimited refill.
Overall we were very happy with our stay there.

• Liked — airport convenience
  • Disliked — tea/coffee facilities downstairs, not in room
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Fort Frances, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2007

I cannot believe that they charge the price that they do! The only good thing that this hotel offers is a free ride to the airport! You'd think that they could invest some of the money from the room rates into a nice breakfast! The muffins we did get were hard as a rock. I will definately not stay at this hotel again. If you have children I do not reccomend this hotel, it doesnt have a pool and it overlooks truck stop parking. Good thing i took a walk and happened to find a Boston Pizza near by or I'd be stuck eating at the Husky! For $150/night I expect better!

• Disliked — the price
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Regina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2007

This is by far and away the LOWEST class hotel I have ever seen.
The rooms are filthy, the matresses and sheets are stained,the 13 inch tv was all snow and the staff are beyond rude. When I called about the TV, the clerk just walked into my room and literally slapped the tv and said "there" and left- I was awestruck.Their lobby has the look and feel of a back entrance, I had to check, I couldn't believe that was their main lobby. The staff are beyond rude and incompetent, their don't even offer you a coffee pot in your room, you have to go downstairs in their 1940's elevator to the vending machine. Their breakfast consists of 2 tubs of pour it yourself generic cereal out of a dirty plastic tub. There is 1 loveseat available in the tiny enclosed main lobby so hopefully no one is waiting for you. They offer a shuttle from the airport which is NEVER running so they tell you to take a 25.00 cab ride. You are allowed to use 2 companies and the driver my son and I had complained the entire way there that this hotel is very very bad and it was " not his job" to take people there.He also made it quite clear without any form of discretion that the 25.00 fare form the airport did NOT include his tip.My room was pre-paid and they conveniently had no record of it when we arrived so I had to give my credit card again and clear it up the next day or they wouldn't let us stay there. No attempts were made to even see what could have happened or where my money went.
Honest to god- you are better off staying on the Calgary streets than this nightmare. I like Calgary but not this place- does Calgary not have an active health board with regulations?
I won't even get into the filthy bathroom toilet and hairs- I can't re-live it a second time. Don't walk- RUN from this one.

Stayed January 2007
Coutts, Alberta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2007

Room was poorly maintained with inadequate provisions for safety
Sharp wooden slivers in the sheets
Insufficient hangers, water pressure, no bath towels at all!
Room was cold with no thermostat or heater
Not up to Super 8 standards

• Liked — Did not burn down
  • Disliked — No bath towels - wood slivers in sheets - ice cold
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2006

My husband and I stayed here on the last night of a 2-week trip in the Rockies. We chose the Super 8 because of its convenient location to the airport and the great price we secured on Expedia.com (we stayed during the Stampede, and still only paid $88.78 CAD because we booked five months in advance). Maybe this doesn't say much for the hotels we'd stayed in during the previous two weeks, but we were shocked by the spaciousness and amenities of our king-bed room. There was a safe and a fridge, and we'd had a fridge at only one hotel during the trip (a hotel for which we'd paid $250/night!). Sure there is a major highway just outside the Super 8, but the room was well-insulated enough that we didn't even hear it. We even enjoyed the view of the Calgary skyline at sunset. All in all, this is a great place to get a night's rest before an early flight out. The price is right and the room is comfortable. We'll definitely stay again.

• Liked — Convenient location to the airport, plus a fridge and a safe!
  • Disliked — Nothing. It was a good value for the money.
  • Tips/Secrets — Book early and use Expedia, especially if staying during the Stampede.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Super 8 Calgary Airport? Share your experiences!