“Great Nightly Rate, Good Accomodations” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Village Calgary

You added Super 8 Village Calgary to your Saves list
Super 8 Village Calgary
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1904 Crowchild Trail NW., Calgary, Alberta T2M 3Y7, Canada (Northwest Calgary)   |
Ranked #76 of 98 Hotels in Calgary
Yellowknife, Canada
“Great Nightly Rate, Good Accomodations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

This is a cheap motel, but it is clean and quiet. The fridge in the room was broken and the office staff replaced it right away. The room is a bit dank if you don't leave the A/C fan on while you're away. And a note about the A/C: only the units on the north side (south-facing) have A/C. The south side units only get windows that open.

The complimentary breakfast was pretty sparse, and the coffee was very very weak.

I would stay here again if I was looking to travel on a budget in Calgary.

Room Tip: If you want air conditioner, choose the units on the north side (south-facing.) And the complimentar...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
super8calgaryvillage, General Manager at Super 8 Village Calgary, responded to this review, June 10, 2012
Dear ansonchappell,

We appreciate your business and thank you for taking time to let us know where improvement is needed so that we may continue to maintain the Super 8 standards.

With regards to the A/C, all of the motel rooms have A/C units except that those A/Cs on the south side are installed in such a way that you would not notice them at first glance. We are also working on our breakfast to accommodate the different tastes of our guests and we thank you for bringing the coffee matter to our attention.

Thank you and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Calgary.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I stayed here twice for a total of 12 days. I had family members at a hospital in the vicintiy. My first stay was Easter 2012 weekend. I arraived late at night, and waited to check in. The fellow in front was complaining about the state of the room and generally not satisfied. With trepadation I checked in; At this stage all I wanted to do was sleep. Alex was professional and polite. Check in was easy. I went back to my car and proceeded to park. Alex came running out, advised had given wrong room number. I went to the correct room, and was pleasantly surprised. The room was very clean, smelled fresh. It fit my needs perfectly. I stayed through the weekend. I had no issues with noise, felt totally secure and was welcomed by staff.
I came back the following weekend and stayed for the week. I brought my dog with me on this occasion. We stayed on the main floor. Again I was warmly checked in by Matt, and given my key. The room was very clean, and totally met my expecataions. Charley, not so much. Overall it was quiet, easy access. I was overwhelmed by housekeeping and the front desk staff by this experinece: I was walking to the hospital, about halfway there I received a call stating that my dog had opened the door and escaped. Last thing I needed. I ran back and found him safe and sound in the room, but he had escaped and been caught by housekeeping four times in a 15 minute span. Needless to say I was overwhelmed and grafeful. The only thing that was said was that they are all care about their pets, and could understand. Apparently this was a first. And even though i had signed an agreement stating my pet would not be left alone, they were more concerned about his well being and safety.
The only downside was minor, internet access was sporadic and tended to drop. Othewise I highly recommend this hotel. A clean basic hotel was friendly and accomdating staff. What more can you ask for.
Thank you Super 8 Village Calgary for your kindness and understanding.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
super8calgaryvillage, General Manager at Super 8 Village Calgary, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Dear Roger_Jehle,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience on your recent stay at the Super 8 Motel Village -Calgary.

We are very pleased to know that we have met your expectations. Our number one goal at the Super 8 is to maintain super cleanliness and convenience, and provide super service to our guests.

With regards to the internet connection, we are currently upgrading our computer network to speed up connection and improve the web experience of our guests.

Again, thank you for your inputs and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Calgary.
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

I have stayed a few times over the years, even when it was known by another name. It is dated and basic. But it is all you really need when you have all things around you. Great location. Close to many restaurants, McMahon Stadium, the LRT and buses. Never have a problem getting a cab here. This place is clean and the staff friendly. It is priced right and the pool is more than sufficient. It is amazingly quiet considering where it is located. Good parking. GIve it a try you will like it. Not much difference between rooms. All good as far as I can tell.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
super8calgaryvillage, General Manager at Super 8 Village Calgary, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
Dear Icandyman,

Please accept our most sincere thanks for your recent review regarding your pleasant experience with our hotel.

We are most grateful for your continued patronage and we will do our very best to continue to meet your expectations.

See you next time.
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

My husband and I have been working together in the seismic industry for over three years. We have researched many motels and know from experience that the Super 8 Village with their management and staff are the best Calgary has to offer. Pareen and all staff have made us feel at home on every visit. A very special thank-you to each and everyone!
Tim and Cherie

Room Tip: Rooms are available for smoking and non-smoking as well as pet friendly
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
super8calgaryvillage, General Manager at Super 8 Village Calgary, responded to this review, March 18, 2012
Dear Ms Cherie T,

The Super 8 Village Calgary Management and staff want to say Thank you for your kind remarks.

We are always pleased to hear from our guests, especially when we have succeeded in making their experience a pleasant one. It is our goal to give our guests the best possible service. Our employees are our most valuable asset and we are proud of their accomplishments. We are particularly pleased when they succeed in making a valued guest, such as yourself, feel welcome.

We hope to have the pleasure of doing business with you for many years to come.
Peace River, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

Super 8 Village Calgary is not the best, but not the worst. The motor inn is pretty old and run-down, but the staff was friendly, the units were clean and the price was right. While I was staying there, some of the units were being recarpeted, so work is being done to upgrade the motel. It was pet friendly and being in the motel village area was close to several eating establishments. I was worried a bit about security, but the staff suggested I park my car close to the office where there was better lighting and they kept an eye on it for me.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Dear Wej2011,

Thank you for your kind comments.

We are glad you have enjoyed your visit to the Super 8 Village Calgary in Alberta. Your business is much appreciated, and we will do our very best to continue to meet your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Calgary soon and we hope you'll stay with us at the Super 8 Village Calgary again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

I always stay in this motel whenever I stop by in Calgary. Its the most decent among the cheap motels in the area of hotel village. No fancy stuff but rooms here are clean, beds are comfy, staff are polite, warm and efficient (specially the asian guy who man the desk in the morning and the housekeepers) and they have free wireless (make sure you ask for a room close to the router). Noisy neighbors? I only had problem once when there was a game at a stadium which is just across the motel, but i think that's not a minus to me as they are everywhere, even 5 star hotels encounter the same problem. The motel is close to a transit station so its very easy to commute to downtown instead of driving around the super complex road system of Calgary.

On my last visit, I noticed they changed furnitures, put new wallpapers and changed the carpet too... the vanity area looks a lot better now compared to before...and the sweetest thing is I still got the same rate that I was paying before... well, their front office might need a little attention coz it looks a little outdated but its always clean and nice... and who knows, they might upgrade their breakfast soon too...

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear Meekgeek,

Thank you for taking time to post the photos of our newly renovated room.

We truly appreciate your business, and we're grateful for the trust you've placed in us. Your continued patronage and suggestions are a vital part of our growth. And for that, we are most grateful.

We hope to have the pleasure of doing business with you for many years to come.

Been to Super 8 Village Calgary? Share your experiences!