“ramada calgary Banff trail” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Limited Calgary Northwest

You added Ramada Limited Calgary Northwest to your Saves list
Ramada Limited Calgary Northwest
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2369 Banff Trail Northwest, Calgary, Alberta T2M 4L2, Canada (Northwest Calgary)   |
Ranked #91 of 98 Hotels in Calgary
West Drayton, United Kingdom
“ramada calgary Banff trail”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

The worst place I have ever stayed.
Lock on the door broken
Wall paper torn
Shower curtain dirty
Plug sockets loose
Tv remote not working.
No kettle. Tea making facilities were ment to be available.
It felt like the accommodation was for down and outs, so.e guests came to the reception in their night wear at 3pm.
We could not wait to leave

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Lake Country, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Wow Ramada should be ashamed to put their name on this establishment. Dirty, wall paper peeling from hallway walls, mildew on bathroom wall behind toilet, filthy carpets, cigarette butts all over the front entrance. It was late already when we arrived, but should of just left. Never again will I stay at a place without reading the reviews, which by the way has already saved me an unpleasant stay at another place

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Ingleside, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stayed at the Ramada Limited on Banff Trail NW in Calgary AB on November 11 to the 13th. I can't imagine that Ramada would put their name on a place like this!

The lock on the door which is attached to the gyp rock was loose, with a good 8 inch by 24 inch section of the wall just dangling. In fact, it would get caught between the door whenever you tried to leave. You had to physically put the piece of wall back into the room in order to close the door. I was just reading other reviews online, and noticed one dated July 14 of this year had same complaint. In 4 months, they haven't fixed it! The baseboard heaters were pulled apart, exposing wires. Fire hazard? The tub was full of rust stains and the shower curtain had a whole large enough to put your hand through it. Seriously, go the the dollar store and buy a new curtain.

I have 5 photos included so that you can see for yourselves what I had to stay in. Ask yourselves, would you feel at home here. That is what a hotel should be trying to do for their customers.

As a business owner, I can't believe Ramada would allow their name to be represented like this. I will definitely think twice about staying with this franchise again. I felt unsafe, and disgusted. For almost $300 for 2 nights, you should be ashamed!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

BEWARE Scam! Scam! Scam! Scary!!! I was booked in a NON SMOKING room for a business trip which was paid for by the company I work for. The place was absolutely disgusting, however did not feel it was my place to complain since It was not coming out of my pocket and not being there was non optional for me. The motel was a drug dealers haven, broken furniture,burn marks and holes on the dresser's and bedding. IT WAS UNFIT FOR A RAT! The Stench and plume of Cigaretts and Marajuana smoke was permanently in the carpets, walls, furniture in every part of that facility. After returning home I found out that the Ramada who should be officially changing the name to SCUM-ADA was charging a $250 smoking fine to my company's account for being "heavily smoked in"! I've contacted Ramada headquarters and demanding a FULL REFUND! Hopefully I havent contracted a disease from the holy terror 4 night stay I was stuck in.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Is the worst place that I’ve seen and it’s so disappointing that we paid almost the same that if we would stay in downtown. The hotel I usually stay was totally booked and also all the other hotels close downtown, the only option was this one and since the price was two hundred per night I thought it was going to be ok; but so disappointing and made me had a bad time with service too. It shouldn’t be called hotel since is a cheap street motel; since arriving the service was so bad, the reception is old smelly and dirty. Then the rooms, unbelievable how bad they are, it was so disgusting the carpet was all dirty with white stains, the paper in the walls is coming off and they are very dirty, stains, mold.. I complaint to reception and they said that there was anything else available and that was the price paid for! I guess all the other rooms since the condition of the building is deplorable would be the same and since I was leaving at 4am didn’t waste more energy discussing with terrible management.
The sheets were clean or at least that’s what I hope.
Smell is horrible in the rooms and corridor. Ah last but not worst thing, the sound.. I could hear all the time the guy snoring in the other room it was so creepy
I felt so insecure. Glad I left at 3am!

Room Tip: do not stay here is expensive and not worthy a penny
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Cranbrook, British Columbia, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed here overnight while moving two of our sons to Alberta. The guy at the front desk was extremely rude and unhelpful - he rented us a room in another building and didn't even bother to tell us that. The room itself had a ripped up carpet, a moldy bathroom and most lamps and the alarm clock didn't work. We were in an adjoining room and at 2 am the party in the next room started, which resulted in much banging of doors and shouting by management. Finally settled down, only to start up again half an hour later. Settled down again and then a drunk banged on our door at about 4 in the morning. We had 4 adults and 2 towels, and the front desk guy told us he was too busy to get us more towels. We had to drive a moving truck on about 2 hours sleep. Worst. Ever.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here. Ever.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Beijing, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

The hotel is pretty usual, with a small pool facility to splash around in, and standard rooms. But the staff, especially Tariq, was excellent. We (my boyfriend and I) arrived early morning from the bus station got there about 11am and asked if we could leave our bags and check in later, but there was a room already ready so he just let us check in early. When we checked out he also let us keep our bags at the hotel for the afternoon so we didn't have to drag them around all day. He really made our stay a good experience!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Ramada Limited Calgary Northwest? Share your experiences!