“Worst Manager Name Tarek” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Limited Calgary Northwest

Save Saved
You added Ramada Limited Calgary Northwest to your Saves list
Ramada Limited Calgary Northwest
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2369 Banff Trail Northwest, Calgary, Alberta T2M 4L2, Canada (Northwest Calgary)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #92 of 98 hotels in Calgary
Edmonton
“Worst Manager Name Tarek”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is a worst hotel ever in my life.. Don't go on this hotel manager is so rude.. We arrive on this hotel after 3 we assume all is good but when we came in this hotel were trying to take some rest but someone knocking on the door and guess what??? she just starting vacumming our room.. no towels. But we don't mind this because this is the worst part when were doing check out I spoke to the MAnager NAME TAREK and I said very nicely I'm an employee of this company and we have a discount and the hotel and he said " we don't care if your and employee or not out price is still same" what was the since of our benefits if this kind of manager is on that duty was so rude.. so bad... I'l tell this to everyone that don't ever go in this hotel... WORST WORST WORST EVER..144 $ for A night in this hotel wasn't worth enough.......

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

135 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I was searching for a low cost Hotel nearer to Calgary University. Searching on the net, considering the cost and other facilities, I felt Ramada Limited Calgary NW was suitable. Before booking when I read the reviews, they were not at all good. Still considering the cost, I booked to stay for 7 days. I was very skeptical after reading all the reviews.
When I approached the hotel reception, there was a lady who greeted me and was quite friendly. I could check in immediately to a clean and large single suite. The bed sheets were fresh and the room well cleaned. Thereafter every day when I return I found the room well cleaned. Also, the breakfast was very good.It was served separately near the reception area. Due to Downtown floods I asked an old person at the reception, if he can give me some info on how I can go in the train. He was very kind to provide me with all the bus numbers and give a detailed note. In addition this Hotel being opposite the LRT station, was very convenient. Overall I can say that I had a very pleasant stay and in particular the helpful attitude of the staff was very impressive.

Room Tip: The rooms on the 2nd floor overlooking the parking area are great with lot of light.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Fort McMurray, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

The manager will not be surprised by this review, as these comments were all provided to him on July 9 when I had the unfortunate experience of needing to check in at this new location of the "Calgary City Dump".
Preface by saying I normally stay at the Delta Downtown; this being Stampede week I was unable to get in for this one night so was forced to stay outside of downtown; never again at this hole! Incidentally, 2 days later I was booked back at the Delta, and for only $10/night more, in a clean, safe accommodation, including hot buffet breakfast for myself AND my wife!

This was the worst experience I have EVER had, for either business or personal travel. I have had my corporate travel agent put this location on our banned list.
Here are the issues:
1. smokey smell in a non-smoking room
2. cigarette burns in bedsheets and cover
3. NO SMOKE ALARM in room!! This I reported on the Calgary Municipality website as it doesn't meet code. I have subsequently received a call that they have visited the dump. This is more than mere cosmetics!!
4. no TV remote
5. bathroom sink drain was partially blocked
6. bulb in bedside lamp missing
7. telephone cable fell out constantly and was a bad connection when was intact
8. curtains pulled together with a safety pin
9. general condition of room, well, worse than poor
10. at $206.99/night - hits the rip off meter!! I told the manager of the issues, he gave me a $50 discount, hardly worthwhile still.

I also gave feedback to the Ramada.com website and Calgary Tourism.
If only for the smoke alarm issue, this is deplorable.
Interstingly, the second worse experience we have ever had, was personal, and at the parent company of Ramada - Wyndham. hmmm.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We booked 2 nights online. We arrived late in the evening, and the minute I walked in, I wanted to turn around and walk out, but it was too late. First off, when I approached the guy at the desk, he told me to sit down and pointed to a chair. He said he had to count his money to close his shift. No please or politeness in his command. Rude! Rude! Rude!. It took him a whole 10 minutes to finally serve me. Next, the carpets in the hallway were full of crumbs, as if they were not vacumed in ages. First thing I noticed when entering the room was one of the electrical outlets did not work and so the lights for the clock and one of lamps did not work. This did not leave many outlets to charge our phones. There were only 2 towels in the bathroom. The one wash cloth (even though it was a room for 2) had stains. The rim of the toilet bowl had stains. The room just felt dirty, and I couldn't wait to leave. I didn't sleep well because I knew that the sheets were probably not cleaned like they should be. The place gave me the creeps. Stay far away!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ramada_ltd_calgary, General Manager at Ramada Limited Calgary Northwest, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
First of all I must apologize for the issue with the front desk agent. We have always taken pride in making sure our customers come first and I can assure you a disciplinary action will be taken and the agent who checked you in will be advised accordingly. This is not at all the standard that we do provide at the hotel, and I am not sure why he behaved that way.

I am sorry for the frustration this guest felt but can assure you this is not at all the kind of standard our hotel provides. The issues at hand were addressed to maintenance and housekeeping and we always keep extra towels, tissues and all other amenities at the front desk which are available to our guest 24/7.

We take pride in offering our guest the best value for money and try to give them a great hospitality experience. They can always enjoy our in-door heated swimming pool and Jacuzzi, free parking, free WiFi, free movie channels, free daily continental breakfast featuring fresh hot waffles, cereals, fruit juices, fruits, muffins, tea, coffee and other bakery items.
Newcastle
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I was referred to this hotel by the hospital from which I was discharged - a stranger in a strange town, awaiting the arrival of my daughter to escort me home to Australia. Hopefully within the foreseeable future this Ramada will be replaced, as is happening with several other hotels on this "strip". Apart from breakfast, any other meal called for a 15 minute walk. In fact it was more convenient to take the tramway into the city for meals.
My room was adequate in the sense that a room was adequate in the fifties. The people at reception tried their best, but what can they do when the hotel really needs replacing? When my daughter arrived she was assigned a room that was so heavily "desensitised" that she was unable to sleep - it was obviously a room that had been occupied by people with pets and the deodorant spray was just as offensive as the smell of the animals.
We quickly moved!

Room Tip: Don't bother!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
All our customers are important to us, and we do try to make every one feel like we are a home away from home. We have customers stay with us all for various reasons, and we do our best to accommodate each and every one. Friends and family here for hospital medical reasons we do have a hospital rate. Providing a comfortable stay for persons who are here for medical reasons or treatments is very important for a better recovery and we do our best to provide this to all our clients Requesting quieter rooms and floors at time of booking, or check in time we always do our best to accommodate all these requests.

We offer separate rooms for our customers travelling with pets which are always thoroughly cleaned after the guest checks out. We take pride in offering the best customer service we can and offer free WiFi, free hot breakfast, an indoor heated water park, guest laundry facilities and free parking. We are just a minute walk away from the Banff Trail C-Train Station through which you can easily connect to any part of Calgary through the transit system.

Your business is important to us and we thank you for your comments.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

I am so mad with my experience I am shaking.
We check in agreeing to pay $200 a night, in Edmonton AB Ramanda's are nice we assumed they would hold the same standard here... VERY WRONG!
Check in went fine... Got to our "non smoking room" which smelt so bad of smoke I couldn't breath... Lights didn't work... Bathroom only had 1 bulb the rest were missing and no toilet paper, there was BLOOD and pizza on the bed sheets. The carpet is all ripped up and the a/c doesn't work the tub is stained grey and the top lock DOESN'T WORK! Now... This is just the start. Upon going back to the desk & telling him I need a new room... He doesn't even ask what's wrong gives me a new key asking me to check it out & see how I like it... Apparently this happens often? The room isn't much better but manageable. We decide to take it and change hotels in the morning... Well, we leave for dinner and the night to go out... At 2am I arrive back at the room to get pulled into the front desk area BY THE POLICE and interrogated asked about my night and where I was... Only after handing over my ID they decide I'm not who they are looking for, though they are looking for someone who looks like me who's staying in this hotel.
Obvious I'm livid now and SCARED to sleep in this ridiculous place.. I go pee and the toilet breaks!!!!! Oh they also have no more rooms to move me into. Terrible. I'm definitely going to be calling some head office to complain!!!

• Stayed July 2013
First of all my sincere apologies to this guest for any inconvenience they encountered during their stay. This is not the kind of standard we have at this hotel and we are always proud to be the first choice of our customers visiting this area.

I would like to inform every one that all our clients are high priority with in our property, and if any one has a concern at check in or during their stay we urge them to always contact front desk immediately to see if we can fix the problem or discuss the concern. We have trained staff n duty 24/7 to address almost all concerns of our guests and we always want our customers to be completely satisfied with their stay.

Unfortunately this guest was very upset due to the police asking him questions and wanting to prove his identity. We, unfortunately cannot comment on the same and at the same time can not interfere with any of their investigations.
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I was a little nervous, after reading some previous reviews. I shouldn't have been. The service I got, in particular from the front desk staff (Tariq and Kim), was far better and quicker than I've gotten at a 4 star hotel in Vegas. Batteries died in the TV remote? I had a new one in minutes. An emergency delayed my pick-up at check out time? No problem, they could hold my luggage while I took my son to lunch.The room was admittedly rather dated, but I don't want to pay a premium price to fund renovations. Housekeeping was good, and in the three nights we stayed, I never heard a sound from the rooms around us. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ramada_ltd_calgary, General Manager at Ramada Limited Calgary Northwest, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
This guest was wanting to get an employee rate with any identification. She was explained that the Employee Rate was to be booked on line with a signed voucher from her General Manager (if she worked at a hotel). She did not have a voucher either. Nonetheless, she was given a corporate discounted rate as opposed to the regular rate.

Been to Ramada Limited Calgary Northwest? Share your experiences!