“A great place if you are gluten free” 5 of 5 stars
Review of NOtaBLE - The Restaurant

NOtaBLE - The Restaurant
4611 Bowness Rd NW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada (Northwest Calgary)
+1 403-288-4372
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 2,927 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Neighborhood: Northwest Calgary
Toronto, Canada
“A great place if you are gluten free”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We celebrated my sister's birthday here the other night and were so surprised to see how fantastically they catered to gluten-free diets.
My sister is celiac and it is not easy for her to eat out - but here - so many delicious choices! The service was excellent, the prices reasonable for the quantity and quality delivered. I had the salmon - incredible, my husband the roast chicken (he is still talking about it today), my sister the steak and her hubby the catch of the day. We all ate every bite and ordered three desserts to split (as nearly all of them are also gluten-free!). A great place, friendly and trendy atmosphere. Make a reservation though as it is busy!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Great lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is the 3rd time I have been to this restaurant & I have to say the food is delicious! A nicely appointed restaurant in an older area of Calgary - Bowness. My friend had the mussels which she raved about throughout the meal. I had the greek chicken salad which was fresh & tasty. For a Thursday lunch hour - the restaurant was packed. Service was friendly & attentive & the prices were mid range for a leisurely lunch at a very nice restaurant . For a busy restaurant - there was also the bonus of mimimal noise. Highly recommend.

Calgary, Alberta
“A long-awaited visit... the food was amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Seven of us went to celebrate a friend's birthday and it was a wonderful experience. My first impression: nothing special on the outside, but gorgeous on the inside! I was in the mood for variety, so I started with the soup (yum!) and for my entree I combined 3 smaller items: the crab & shrimp bake, mushroom risotto and side of seasonal vegetables. I loved all of them! Several of my friends had - and loved - the prime rib. Sometimes the menus of high-end restaurants can be a bit limited, but this is not the case at NOtaBLE - so much variety and choice! I can't wait to go back. Reminder: Plan ahead - reservations are essential.

Calgary
“more than a burger!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We decided on a date lunch last Thursday, and where better to go than NOtaBLE.
The wait staff are amazing... they alone are worth a visit, but then you get to add some food into the experience. I chose the burger of the month inspiration, mouthwatering, juice dripping, beef/pork blend, with smoked cheddar, a to die for aioli, and all the fixins on a house made melt in your mouth bun. And yes I had the fries, cuz if you don't you regret it ( and be prepared to share!)
soooo good. My hubby had the special - a spectacular, leaves you wanting more duck confit with house made gnocchi and a glass of the Shiraz.(great pairing) I also ordered a glass of the Shiraz, which went amazingly well with my burger. * my only note, the red wines are served too warm for our taste. Great date... thanks NOtaBLE. and #4835

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Calgary, Canada
“Fabulous dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Reservations are hard to come by at NOtaBLES so we did the wait on a Saturday night. We were told 1.5 hours for a table but figured that it would be less. We were right. It took 45 minutes for us to get seated at the counter near the fire oven. It was toasty but very entertaining as we got to watch the kitchen staff prep our meals. Learned a few tricks. Perhaps next time we'll wait for a table or sit just a bit further down, or just enjoy!

The food was above my expectations. I had lamb with risotto. By far it was the best ever. My husband had the Saturday night chicken special which was tandoori style and amazing!!! We will be back as soon as my parents can babysit our daughter again. The prices were not out of control either.

Staff was incredible. Our server suggested next time that we order from the middle section (appetizers) and share. That would be a fun experience.

Dessert - we had the stilton cheesecake and creme brule. WOWSERS!! I do not like blue cheese but loved the pairing with the rhubarb compote.

• Visited March 2013