“Very good experience, nice hotel and very good customer service” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Hilton Garden Inn Calgary Airport to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Hilton Garden Inn Calgary Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2335 Pegasus Rd NE, Calgary, Alberta T2E 8C3, Canada (Northeast Calgary)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X Points Package
Ranked #9 of 98 hotels in Calgary
Edmonton, Canada
“Very good experience, nice hotel and very good customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Nice room, helpful staff, great food all on all my #1 choice in Calgary. The main value for me is the Custer service that I get from the staff. Regardless of the time of day everyone is happy and willing to go out of their way to help.

• Stayed October 2012

376 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Saskatchewan, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

This hotel is new and a bit hard to find tucked off of a major road etc. We had a very nice mini suite which was great. If one thing this hotel lacks is good service and attention to detail. After check in we were not called (as we are in other Garden Inns) to ask how our rooms was. Also, they did not bring or have bottled water in the room we had to go down with the coupon to get it.

The cordless phone in the bedroom did not work- battery or something broken. Called the front desk but it was evening and nothing they could/would do. The next morning the toilet plugged up (not a big deal). Called the front desk and they said someone would be right up. Waited 20 minutes and called again. Again they said someone would be right up waited another 20 minutes called again. Finally after 45 min someone came. It was a bit hard to get ready for a meeting as one had to wait until they came.

Also, the front desk clerk in the AM looked only partially dressed; certainly not dressed in business attire.
Elevators are the slowest I have seen since eastern Europe.

One good thing is the the parking is free.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Jennifer R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Calgary Airport, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services and accommodations you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Please accept our apology for the delay in your service call and any inconvenience this may have caused you. We have shared your comments with our Team Members and assure you we will work harder to provide you the best stay possible in the future. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again
Alberta Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Service second to none, beautiful clean rooms and free shuttle to and from the airport. This hotel also offers parking packages so you can leave your car while you fly off on holiday. The site is also located close to numerous wonderful restaurants like "the Cactus Club". A great overnight we or destination stop.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Georgetown, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

seems to have some renovations going on, but the place was very clean and very little evidence of it.

the restaurant still is a bit slow and a strange menu/buffet combo.

we had sandwiches and salad for lunch and they were very good.

the room was very clean and quiet.

will definitely stay again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Jennifer R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Calgary Airport, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for taking a moment to share your recent experience with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I have shared your comments on your dining experience with our food and beverage team. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel the next time you are in the area.
Milford,Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed here the first night and the last night of our trip to the Canadian Rockies. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff were friendly and helpful. When I was checking out I wanted to pay for bottled water for our trip but they gave it to me free. The shuttle for the airport was convenient and runs every half an hour to the airport. The food was okay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time and filling out a review from your recent stay with us. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay, our staff and our shuttle services. We hope that we will see you again in the near future.
Seattle Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Given that I waited almost three months to write this review, but still remember the horrible food in the dining room and okay staff, should speak volumes.

On a positive note, the room was very clean and kept up. The "air" bed was an interesting touch, though I did not really notice any difference between it and sleeping on a regular mattress. Also, the fitness room, though small, was clean.

On the negative side, the food in the dining room was absolutely horrible. I ordered the $25 special, which got me a main entrée, drink and dessert. The entrée, which was pork, was tougher than a baseball glove and the apple dessert seemed "old." There was only wait person, so the service was slow, despite having what appeared to be a manager just standing around watching. Another issue occurred when I asked a staff member where I could buy some ibuprofen and he directed me to drive 15 KM to drug store. I then discovered that they sold extra strength Tylenol only about five feet away from the front desk. Finally, though this might be user error on my behalf, the room just would not cool down at night. I felt like I was sleeping in a sauna...

Overall, this was among the worst Hiltons I have stayed at in years. So bad, that I elected to stay at a Comfort Inn for my next two trips to Calgary, despite being a Hilton Honor member.

As usual, I do reserve the right to say that maybe I just stayed there during a bad time, but given it was not busy, I did elect not to return.

Room Tip: The elevator is a bit slow, so find a room closer to the lower floors.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Jennifer R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Calgary Airport, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank You for the review of your recent experience at our hotel and restaurant. I understand that you were disappointed with the level of service you received and your entrée. I have shown your comments to our Kitchen team so that they are aware of the meal that you were served. I would also like to apologize that one of our team members sent you to a drug store when we had Tylenol for sale here. I have made all staff aware of what we have available for sale in our Pavilion Pantry.
I hope that the next time you are in area you will come back to see the changes we have made. Thank you once again for your comments.
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Booked this hotel online for our first night in Calgary before heading for Banff. We got a good deal and was cheaper than many budget motels. Easy to find from the airport (we did it in the dark without a satnav).
The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was large and well equipped with a fridge and microwave. Very quiet even though it was close to the airport. The large bed was very comfortable and the pillows were the best we ever had at a hotel (almost felt like taking them away with us!).
The breakfast was extra but was well worth it.
We would certainly stay here again if we came back to Calgary.

Room Tip: Look for ways of getting a discount (usually have to accept a no cancellation package)
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Calgary Airport? Share your experiences!