“Another pleasant stay at the Marriott” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Pet Stay Free
Ranked #45 of 100 Hotels in Calgary
“Another pleasant stay at the Marriott”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed my two night stay on a business trip this week. Check in was fast and easy. They had me down for a room with 2 beds and switched me to a room with one King bed no problem when I asked.
Room was spacious and well laid out. Wireless was nice and strong every where including my room. Hotel was conveniently located and just down the way from a great Winner's store that I managed to spot from my room.staff was happy and very courteous. Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
jjclo365, General Manager at Calgary Marriott Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Sandy S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Happy to know that your overall experience with us was satisfying. Thanks for choosing the Calgary Marriott Downtown Hotel as your choice hotel while in Calgary. We look forward to your return.

We hope to host you brilliantly again.

Joseph Clohessy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I stayed for 2 days for business trip, I arrived at 8am and ask the reception if they could keep my luggage until check in time, but to my surprise they gave me my room right away, they are very accommodating, nice staff, clean.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear RoseFernandes12,

Thank you for staying at our hotel.

It is good to hear that our hotel was able to accommodate your needs. We strive to not only meet but exceed the expectations of our guests.

We look forward to hosting you again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

It was my birthday and I came in to Hotel with no RSVP not only did they give me a great rate but treated my like a VIP ,made my long flight bumps ,way better by there services.Great happy staff and manger was nice and easy to reach for anything .

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Paul B,

Happy Belated Birthday.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us during this special occasion.

We strive to treat all our guests like VIPs.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We hope to host you brilliantly again.

Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

We stayed in room 714 for one night and couldn't have been happier with the quality of the customer service and the hotel itself. Adriana and Joyce made sure we had a fantastic stay at the hotel. They gave us a complimentary upgrade to a junior suite, followed through with special requests, and sent complimentary wine and strawberries to our room.
The room was comparable to the rooms we have stayed in at the Fairmont Palliser Hotel and the Eau Claire Sheraton. It was just as clean, updated, spacious, and comfortable. It also had all of the same amenities that the other, higher priced hotels offered. In some ways it was even better than the other hotels we have stayed at in downtown Calgary. The pool was bigger, had a great view of the Calgary tower, and wasn't as packed with people. The room was pretty soundproof as well; we didn't hear anyone at all while in our room even though we had young neighbors. We also appreciated the extra security feature that the hotel uses; you must use your room card to access the elevators, the hotel breakfast restaurant, the business centre, and the fitness centre.
It is also located conveniently attached to the main convention center downtown and the Glenbow museum. Numerous restaurants and shops are within walking distance as well.

Room Tip: Room 714 was very comfortable and had a great view.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear kmomma,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am glad to hear that you had a superb stay with us and the amenities were satisfactory as compared to other hotels in the area.

I am pleased to know that our hosts, Adriana and Joyce provided excellent customer service to enhance your stay with us. Their efforts will be recognized and I will be sure to inform the Front Office Manager.

Thank you for choosing the Calgary Marriott Downtown Hotel.

We hope to host you again.

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Stayed at the Marriott because the cab fare would have been the same as a nights stay. Room was clean, everything worked, staff was friendly, it's a little outdated but what do you expect with an older hotel. I read one review complaining that bottled water was over priced and no free breakfast, I'm of the opinion that if you can afford to stay at a nice hotel in the downtown location of a fair sized city you should not really be hard pressed to buy yourself breakfast. Also, this is Canada, not some third world country, if you want water turn on the tap, I consider a bottle of water to be over priced in Canada if its 1¢, however in Mexico I'd pay just about anything to make sure I did not get sick. It's a fine hotel if you are staying downtown it also has a lot of nice shopping and dining close by.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear iseeabeachinmyfuture,

Thanks for staying at the Calgary Marriott Downtown Hotel.

I am glad to hear that you had a good night with us and that your stay was pleasant.

We thank you for your constructive feedback. We will be undergoing an extensive renovation next year and the issues you raised will be addressed.

We hope to host you again.

British Columbia, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Calgary Marriott Downtown Hotel is like every other Marriott. Tacky carpets, mismatched tiles, old faucets, fake wood, windows that don't open -- BUT it's not as expensive as the other hotels in the area. Which is good. When I called the front desk (twice) and said the view from the 7th floor was awful and could you please find us a better room -- they did. We were on the 19th floor and the view was pretty good. The location was very convenient.

Room Tip: Go high up.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear FLJ_designer,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am sorry that you had to contact the front desk multiple times to have your issue resolved; however, I am happy that they were able to accommodate your request for a room with a better view.

Windsor, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Pretty much an average Mariott.

Starting to show a fair bit of wear and tear, and will need a refurb soon.

Extremely unreliable wireless Internet.

Reservation prices fluctuated A LOT; watch the website for a while before booking if spending your own money.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mike_R_8,

Thank you for your feedback and staying at the Calgary Marriott Downtown Hotel.

I apologize that you find our hotel to be typical of that of others as we strive to meet and exceed the expectations of our guests.

We are currently looking into enhancing our WiFi service to better serve our guests. Also we’re planning an extensive refurbishment next year. We anticipate this change will enhance future guest stays.

We value your feedback and will take this as an opportunity to grow.

Joseph Clohessy

Been to Calgary Marriott Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!