“Nice hotel, great location, incredible meal!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Delta Calgary Airport

Save Saved
You added Delta Calgary Airport to your Saves list
Delta Calgary Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2001 Airport Rd NE | Calgary International Airport, Calgary, Alberta T2E 6Z8, Canada (Northeast Calgary)   |
Ranked #27 of 99 Hotels in Calgary
Barrie
“Nice hotel, great location, incredible meal!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Had an unexpected overnight in Calgary. Thankfully WestJet put me up at the Delta Calgary Airport. Room was ok, but the meal was incredible!! Again, thanks to WestJet, had a wonderful meal at North51Steakhouse. My extremely professional server, Kris Handy, recommended the Wild Boar Chops, which I had along with sauteed mushrooms. An amazing meal, which I savoured!!! The meal and the service made my night. The hotel staff were also quite attentitive.

Room Tip: Had a room on the 2nd floor. Avoid. Meals at the restaurants are wonderful!! Facilities are amazing.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Calgary Airport, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you so much for this outstanding review! I’ve passed along your compliments to Kris and our Executive Chef directly. I’ve also posted your review on our North 51 Steakhouse Facebook page to share with others. Hopefully we’ll see you again next time you’re passing through Calgary, even if it’s just for the meal!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Korean first
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Had a very busy travel itinerary and this was my home for three nights of zipping around Canada and a quick trip back into the US. I found it perfect. Just steps away from the gates, a 24-hour business center for printing travel documents, helpful staff, good restaurant options, and a well-appointed room.

I was in an exterior room. It was perfectly equipped and I appreciated the Keurig coffee maker for those before-dawn wake ups. Yes, the bathroom is small but no more so that many. I think it's the narrow door that's an issue. And the placement of light switches in an unusual spot across from the entry door is quirky.

I had no temperature issues like those mentioned in these reviews. But I did notice that the prior occupant had cranked the temp up to 25 which was ridiculous. I kept the heating off for most of my time in the room.

I give it top marks for convenience and would stay there again for similar reasons.

Room Tip: Exterior seems to be preferable evidently because of some temperature issues.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your outstanding review! It’s great to hear that we were able to simplify your busy travel itinerary, and provide you with everything you needed throughout your stay. We look forward to seeing you again next time you’re travelling in and out of Calgary!
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed here for 10 days, while doing business in the Airport, for this it is extremely convenient, as it is for car hire. I had an 'exterior facing' room which I found comfortable and quiet with a good internet connection (ethernet and wi-fi) which did not cost extra and a largeTV. There is a gym and pool which I didn't get time to use. The breakfast is good, the restaurant food is good though I found it expensive. If you want to do anything outside the Airport, it is a bit of a journey.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review! I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us during your business trip. Our wireless internet is Internet XL, and is the fastest connection you can currently receive during a stay in any hotel. I’ve passed along your feedback regarding the menu to our Food & Beverage Manager, and your compliments on the breakfast to the Chef. Although it may seem far, the Delta Calgary Airport is within minutes of Deerfoot Trail, if you’re not venturing out in rush hour, you can get almost anywhere in the city in 20 minutes. Hopefully next time you stay you’ll be able to enjoy the fitness facilities, we look forward to seeing you again!
North York Moors National Park, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

My first stay in a Delta branded hotel. I am a frequent business traveller so my requirements may differ from the tourist traveller.
The position of this hotel is excellent being directly linked to the international airport. All facilities are packaged in a typical business hotel where the lobby area and meeting rooms do exactly what is expected, pleasant, roomy and inviting.
The meals were good with buffet breakfast at 19 CAD and the restaurant offering good dinners.
The room was smaller than I would have liked but maybe I am too picky on that score. All facilities were in there including an excellent work desk and fast Internet. There was snow on the ground when I arrived and so the heating was tested and I am glad to say it passed with flying colours. In summary, this hotels meets all business expectations. Not the cheapest but well recommended.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Calgary Airport, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for your outstanding TripAdvisor review! I’ll be sure to pass along your compliments to our Chef regarding your good dining experiences. Snow is never ideal when you’re travelling, but good heating and a walkway connecting you to the airport so you don’t have to go outside is convenience at its finest. Glad you enjoyed your first stay with Delta Hotels, and happy that we were a positive ambassador for the brand. Hope to see you again soon!
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We live in Calgary and have occasionally stayed here when we have had an early morning flight. The first time we stayed here was many years ago, and we stayed again recently. I don't think anything has changed at this property in all that time The lounge area, as well as the guest rooms seem very tired and in dire need of an updating. The front desk clerk was not welcoming and failed to look up from his paperwork, while welcoming us (sort of) to the hotel.
I have had the opportunity to stay at other airport hotels in Montreal, Vancouver and Toronto over the past several months. The Delta is at least as good as Toronto's but the Fairmont in Vancouver and the Marriott in Montreal are significantly superior to the Delta Calgary Airport. It is convenient for early flights but it is a very average property. There are other options close to the airport and I would recomend giving them a try.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your feedback. We are committed to consistently updating the products offered at the Delta Calgary Airport. We have been renovating our guest rooms over the last few years, and are currently looking into updating some aspects of our dining options for next year. I’m extremely disappointed in the way you were greeted upon arrival, and have followed up with the Front Office Manager to ensure those individuals receive the feedback you’ve provided. We always want our guests to feel welcome, relaxed, and at home. I hope that you’ll allow us another opportunity, next time you’re flying out, to provide you with the Delta service you’ve come to expect.
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The staff at this Delta are fantastic- they are friendly, quick to help and very accommodating. My only feedback is that the food in the restaurant is very average and nothing special plus the better rooms are the exterior ones. The bed and pillows are great but if you have an inside room in the winter there is no AC and the rooms are very hot. That said the staff were lovely and had a fan delivered to my room to help with cooling it off. Would stay again but definitely on the exterior (that's what I had last time).

Room Tip: exterior rooms are better in the winter months
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review! I’m extremely proud of our team, and glad that they were able to provide you with the accommodating guest service Delta is known for. I appreciate your feedback on your restaurant experience. We’ve just implemented a new menu yesterday which features an amazing poutine bar and homemade burgers! I do apologize about the air conditioning issue during your stay; it has been a challenge for us with the ever-changing weather in Calgary, but I’m glad that our team sent up a fan to help in cooling off your room. We appreciate your loyalty to the Delta Calgary Airport, and look forward to your next stay.
Edmonton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Fantastic service from the valet, to the front desk to the restaurant. I was in town for the Global Petroleum show and all of Calgary was at 100% capacity. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Calgary Airport, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you so much for your outstanding review! I’m very glad that you enjoyed your stay during such a busy week. I’ve passed along your compliments to the team here, and we hope to see you back next time the Global Petroleum Show is in town!

Been to Delta Calgary Airport? Share your experiences!