“Regency Club is convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast for Two
Ranked #17 of 98 hotels in Calgary
Calgary, Canada
“Regency Club is convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We stayed on the 10th floor and enjoyed the Regency Club room for breakfast and snacks. Breakfast was good and quick. The room has a view if you're interested in looking at downtown Calgary. I wouldn't pay extra for a view room but I would pay for Regency Club. You have access to a nice lounge with drinks, snacks and a good breakfast. Our family was busy going in two different directions. We didn't have to worry about getting in to a restaurant because the Club lounge was so convenient.

Room Tip: Don't bother paying for a view. Downtown is just a bunch of buildings. Regency Club rooms are no...

560 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights while attending a conference. Late arrival was no problem. Throughout my stay, I found all staff to be friendly and helpful. As the conference host, I was fortunate to get a corner room on one of the executive floors. The room was very large and comfortable. And it may sound strange but I enjoyed having windows in the bathroom. Room service was speedy and the food was tasty and the perfect temperature. The convention centre was easily accessible. Tons of restaurants and shops are within walking distance.

Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This hotel is the best that I tried since I was in Calgary with my gf. We were there for 4 nights and everything was just so nice! The view was amazing, service quality was number 1. Anyways I recommend this place!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ottawa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed at the Hyatt in November. Had to check out a day early, was told that everything was fine. I discovered that I was charged the extra night on my credit card. Went to Hyatt to get this resolved and was told that they rejected my claim. Feel very badly treated. I won't be staying here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ManagementHRC, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Calgary, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear savoyfoob,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent stay. I was disappointed to hear that you encountered an issue with billing, but I understand your frustrations. I would like to offer my sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. Rest assured, I have shared your comments with our Front Desk management team and will follow up appropriately.

We pride ourselves on delivering quality service and products to our guests, but in your case we fell short of this goal. I hope you can view this as an isolated incident and allow us the opportunity to serve you in the near future. Please let me know if you would like to discuss further or if I may be of any further assistance.

Herb Rackliff
Vegreville Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed here for one night while on a business trip. We were a late arrival (10 pm) and we greeted by a friendly host who upgraded our room to a higher floor with a decent view of the city. the room was very clean, bed was firm, bathroom was spacious. The room was a bit dry, but its winter and that happens in Alberta. We had parked underground which is an additonal $25.00 per night (35.00 if using valet). We checked out at about 10 am and were served by the Front Office Manager Shahzad Cokar who was very pleasant. He compt our parking as a kind gesture. All in all a good visit to the Hyatt for this couple.

Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are spacious and clean. We took advantage of the gym, steam room and jacuzzi - all clean. We had breakfast at the Thompson - good. Very friendly service throughout our stay. Overall top rate experience.

• Stayed November 2012
Okotoks, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My wife and I just spent one night at the Hyatt Regency in room that I had booked on line with my Hyatt Gold points. Once we arrived we were told that our room had been upgraded to a deluxe suite? Little did we know we had been upgraded to the best room in the hotel! We stayed in room 2115 the center room on the top floor - wow, wow, wow! I heard this was the same room that Will & Kate stayed in when they came to Calgary. This was the nicest room my wife and I have ever stayed in. The room was about 1500 square feet and was decorated in luxurious woods, marble stone and hard wood floors. It also had a smaller rear kitchen that also had a separate door to the hallway if you had some type of catered event. Upon check out we were told this was Hyatt's way to reward its gold members and they sure did. We also visited the Regency Club and enjoyed a nice breakfast overlooking the city.

The only frustrating part about the whole experience was the parking. The valet parking was full so we had to park across the street outside and pay. When we checked out the next morning we found a parking ticket on our windshield! My parking had expired by only 2 hours! If we had parking at the hotel this would not have happened.

All in all this is a very clean hotel with friendly staff on hand. We would definitely come back again. Especially if we get upgraded to 2115! (Reservation number 13142551)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Regency Calgary? Share your experiences!