“good stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West

Save Saved
You added Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8220 Bowridge Crescent Northwest, Calgary, Alberta T3B 2V1, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #38 of 98 hotels in Calgary
Edmonton, Canada
“good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I stayed here because we could not find rooms in my university hotel.
I was put up in a room next to trans Canada highway, was a little noisy for me.
I called the desk and they immediately moved to the back without any questions.
The restaurant has good food and the hotel has many fast food restaurants around.

The customer service is nice and I requested a news paper and they delivered t to my room for the full stay.
Nice and attentive manager Sarah.

Room Tip: Request rooms in the back
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Rachelle L, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Roman P,

Thank you very much for the feedback about your stay with us! I am happy to see we were able to accommodate you in a room away from the highway. We understand it can be difficult to get a good nights rest in a busy city like Calgary and we do our absolute best to accommodate all of our valued guests in a quiet area.

I will be sure to pass your kind words on to Sarah. We hope to welcome you back to our property again soon!

Thank you again Roman P, take care.

Best regards,

Rachelle La Forge
Front Office Manager
403-288-4442

197 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Edmonton, Alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights with my 2 children during my daughter's hockey tournament. We chose the location for proximity to Olympic Park.

On the plus side, I slept relatively well considering the hotel was full of hockey teams, even without the supplied ear plugs. :). The bed was comfortable and there wasn't much noise carrying through the walls or ceiling.
The pool and water slide were a hit with the kids.

On the downside, the pool area has nothing to mitigate noise. Maybe the earplugs were for the pool? The supervising parents had to take shifts to prevent our ears from bleeding.

Although dinner service at Ric's was good, breakfast service was brutal. One morning I ordered room service via the card you hang on your door the night before. I ordered two meals for 6:30-6:45 delivery. It arrived at 7, missing a meal and cutlery. Thankfully I wasn't charged for the missing food but we were hungry and late to get to the rink. I figured we'd go to the buffet the next morning so that we'd have food when we wanted it, complete with tools to eat with. :). We sat ourselves, got our food, but no server came to our table within the first 5 minutes (there was only one other table occupied). I had to go looking for someone to get a coffee. Mid-meal our bill showed up, no offer to top up my coffee, and then she never came back for me to pay my bill. I can't remember the last time I had such horrible service.

In summary, stay here for a good sleep, but have breakfast at McDonalds for a better dining experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
heather c, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide such valuable feedback kru73.

The pool and waterslide are a hit with our guests and I am happy to hear your team also enjoyed it. Both the pool and fitness centre will be going through a full renovation in 2014 and we hope to not only update the appearance, but create a noise buffer as well.

I have discussed your concerns with the Food and Beverage Manager and apologize for the lack of service and attention to detail. Please feel free to reach out to me directly so I can be of further assistance with the issue.

Safe Travels, Heather Craigdallie – General Manager
gm@fourpoints-calgary.ca
Hinton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

The Sheraton Four Points West is a hotel dependable in all aspects...ambiance, cleanliness, service and proximity to points west in Calgary. Always love to stay here and enjoy the Sunday morning buffet with family and friends.

Room Tip: Facing away from 16th Avenue keeps out road noise but it's hardly noticeable at any rate. Rooms...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the review MonikaDery!

It’s nice to hear that we continue to deliver a comfortable stay you can count on. Our team loves what they do and it shows. Safe travels and I look forward to seeing you on your next stay.

Heather Craigdallie – General Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This hotel is ideally located on the Trans-Canada highway just on the edge of the city, but directly on the route for the Rockies.
Myself & friend shared a double queen bed room, comfy beds, large flat screen TV and coffee making facilities.
Bathroom small but kept clean with fresh towels daily.
Had breakfast buffet which was plentiful and varied and also visited bar one evening which had a good atmosphere.
A good value hotel, ideal for exploring the city and the mountains

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Gibsons, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Staff was friendly at check-in, and the entrance to the hotel looks great.

I was placed in a two queen bed room (default setting on the booking website), and when I arrived, I asked if there was the possibility to switch. There wasn't, and I understand that hotels do get booked, but I was a little bit disappointed, as I was staying for 6 nights and am a SPG member. I feel that every other time I have stayed in a Starwood hotel, I have felt like I was a member of preferred guest club, but not here.

The room that I was placed in is on the second floor, with a view of the car park, so I can't attest to the beauty of the surroundings that others have mentioned. The room is a bit small, but has a lovely working space, and beautiful furnishings. The bathroom looks like only one side was upgraded - the sink and counter are very nice, but the tub is shallow and chipped.

The doors are thin, making it easy to hear anything that goes on in the hallway, including the staff who is quite loud.

Overall, I am getting a good deal for my money, especially considering how pricey Calgary hotels are, but compared to other Starwood properties, I am not bowled over.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Rachelle L, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Geoallie,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am happy to hear you found us to to be of great value for your 6 night stay. We do our best to accommodate any special requests our guests may have but this can be difficult if this room type has been reserved by other guests during a busy time.

I am disappointed to learn you found our housekeeping staff to be noisy. We will follow up with our team to ensure noise levels are kept to a minimum while performing regular housekeeping duties. We take pride in taking care and maintaining all of the furnishings in our guest rooms, I am happy to hear you enjoyed the amenities in your room.

As an SPG member, we value your business. Please feel free to reach out to myself directly upon your next visit to Calgary and I will be sure to reserve you another great rate in a great room and show you the true Starwood experience!

We hope to welcome you back soon Geoallie, thank you and have a great week!

In hospitality,

Rachelle LaForge
Front Office Manager
Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West
T: 403-202-4402
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Stayed 2 nights. The check in staff were fantastic and very helpful. Hotel is well situated close to #1 highway and the staff knew the traffic well. Room was super clean, bed was so comfortable, down duvet, 2 large TVs, sitting room, modern furnishings and bathroom, hot water, strong water pressure and super quiet. 2 well situated elevators. Restaurant has a breakfast buffet or menu. Food was very good. Ipod docking clock, free wireless in room and in room safe. Loved my stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. Great location if you are in the City for a couple of days and are transiting out towards the Rockies with your hired car. Located right on the Transcanada the hotel was surprisingly quiet. We had a room at the back overlooking the carpark and found when we arrived we were put on the Starwood Preferential floor which was a big bonus. Great room with lots of space and the biggest and most comfy bed ever, a must when recovering from jet lag. Getting into town is relatively easy if you are prepared to walk 15 minutes to the busstop in Bowness and catch the No 1 bus straight into the heart of Calgary and we didnt find this a problem at all.
Overall great hotel opposite the Olympic Park. Friendly staff, good cleanliness and a very pleasant stay all round. Would recommend this hotel if if isnt imperative you are not staying in the very centre of Calgary.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the back if you require less noise from the busy highway.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West? Share your experiences!