“Not to Sheraton Standard” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West

You added Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8220 Bowridge Crescent Northwest, Calgary, Alberta T3B 2V1, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #46 of 98 Hotels in Calgary
Edmonton, Canada
“Not to Sheraton Standard”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I have stayed at the Four Points Calgary West on several occasions. If given the choice I will choose another Sheraton property.

The rooms are up to Sheraton standards with comfortable beds and good linens. The hotel in general is clean. The bathroom fan runs whenever you turn the light on, which is less than pleasant in the middle of the night or first thing in the morning. The absence of a makeup mirror in the bathroom is also a disappointment.

The service has always been friendly, considerate and prompt.

The fitness centre is, in a word, pathetic. The room it is housed in is small and cramped. Because the room is small there are very few machines. The bad news is that the treadmill that they do have is rickety, it thumps when you run and is overall not acceptable.

The pool area is large and well appointed. Although the time I did use the pool the chlorine levels were way out and my eyes burned for hours afterwards.

In short, if you don't have to stay on the West End of Calgary, choose another property. Although The Four Points West is typically a few dollars cheaper, it is not worth the savings.

Room Tip: A room with a view also has highway noise. And a suite is not worth the money as the room is the sa...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Rachelle L, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Good afternoon Raeleanne,

Thank you for your review of the Four Points Calgary West! The feedback we receive from our guests assists us in ensuring we are delivering upon the excellent service standards we have here at Four Points.

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the service and quality of the beds in our rooms as well as the pool area. It is our goal to provide a great stay for each of our valued guests, thank you for sharing this with us.

We apologize that we disappointed to meet your expectations regarding the bathroom amenities. Our front desk is available 24/7 to assist with any requests for items such as a makeup mirror and would be more than happy to provide with this on your next stay. We are currently in the process of planning a complete expansion of our fitness centre which we are excited to have completed by the end of 2013.

I will be following up with our maintenance staff to ensure the daily checks of the chlorine levels were completed and ensure the pool is at the correct level.

Thank you again Raeleanne, we do hope to welcome you back to the Four Points Calgary West. Please feel free to contact myself directly and I will be happy to provide you with a great stay at a great rate.

Best Regards,

Rachelle LaForge
Front Office Manager
fdmanager@fourpoints-calgary.com
403-202-4402

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stopped at a few other hotels in Calgary and kept looking before finding this one. While it is an older hotel that's been remodeled, the update was well done. Our room was clean and odor free. The décor is modern. The employee who checked me in was extremely friendly and attentive.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We were somewhat impressed when we arrived (large room, everything new and in very good condition), but it was the subsequent service that really went beyond expectations. They were terrific with little things like sourcing a mini screw-driver to change the batteries on my toddler's toy. We didn't think our room's mini-fridge was all that cold, so they promptly changed it over for a new one. But most of all, when I (very carelessly) left my wedding ring on the bathroom bench when we checked out, the hotel was extremely efficient in locating it and getting shipped by FedEx back to me in Australia - much appreciated! Also, the restaurant was very good (and staff made the experience kid-friendly for us), and a great indoor pool and water-slide. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Wonderful hotel and very friendly staff. If you find yourself in the area you won't be disappointed. Rooms are very clean and recently renovated. Really good for the value. Only draw back is I found the buffet breakfast just ok. Not everything seemed to be stocked and didn't really feel I got my value. Outside of this, great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I stay here recently and found it to be more than adequate value for money. My girlfriend and i were driving to Banff the following day and didn't feel like paying and exorbitant price for a hotel in Canmore or Banff.

This hotel is located at the base of Canada Olympic Park and while there's not much around, the location right off the #1 highway provides easy access to Calgary and other shops and services.

We had a room facing the highway but couldn't hear any of the traffic and the staff were all really cool. I would return to this hotel without hesitation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for the night before Canada Day. Staff were very helpful giving us maps and directions and advice on food. Rooms clean and air conditioning good, needed as it was darn hot. Pool with water slide was great and there was a small gym. Right opposite Canada Olympic Park and on the Trans Canada Highway.

• Stayed July 2013
Winnipeg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a 2 queen bed room with a sofa bed. The beds were comfortable, and the sofa bed must have been new, as it was the most comfortable sofa bed I have ever seen. The sofa bed area was separated from the rest of the room by a door. It worked out very nicely for us as our 6 yr old could watch TV in that area without disturbing our 2 yr old's sleep. The traffic noise was quite loud though. Breakfast at the restaurant was a disaster. I ordered poached eggs and toast. My eggs were very sour, so I realized they were cooked in vinegar (which hotels apparently do to keep them together and looking nice). I asked for them to be re-done in just plain water, and that was no problem. I also asked for fresh toast since I had wrecked a piece with the vinegar eggs. That was fine, til I realized they charged us for that extra order of toast. The server said she checked with the manager and was told to do that since I sent the whole meal back, not just the eggs. What? So the manager came to talk to me, and said they were there b/c the order was punched in for the kitchen. Hmmmm. Two different reasons. In either case, she took them off the bill. I would stay there again, but would cross the parking lot to go to the McDonalds for

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West? Share your experiences!