Be careful. I'm going to list some serious cons:
(1)The walls are paper-thin. You will hear your adjoining room occupants very clearly. We heard people clearing their throats!!!
(2)The lighting in the rooms are dim. Depressing looking.
(3)The rate is not really 109 CAD. There is a $3.27 "Destination Fee", a $4.36 "Tourism Levy", a $2.00 "Unlimited Local Call Access" (whether you make any local calls or not, this charge is there), and the best one is $1.00 "Newspaper" fee. You will get a newspaper delivered to your door whether you want it or not. You have to opt out of this at check in time otherwise kiss that looney goodbye. What a bunch of crooks!!
(4)The thermostat sounds like a jet engine. Be prepared to wake up several times in the night.
(5)And finally, the kitchen staff must be the laziest or the most untrained people in Alberta. The food is barely edible, Extremely expensive, and just overall not good at all. The fish was dry, the vegetables are not cut to bite size (the cauliflower was almost 3 inches big) and I wonder if they're even washed, the scrambled eggs weren't real eggs - they were the carton plastic type eggbeaters... seriously? how lazy is the head chef?? The head chef and the kitchen staff get two thumbs way down for lack of effort and the subsequent lack of delivery.
Go to this hotel only as a last resort.
It is in a safe area, there are no bed bugs, and the bed is good. And if you are willing to pay a lot extra, the "Starwood Preferred Rooms" on the first floor and some on the second floor are nicer and don't have the paper-thin walls. Also, Front desk staff were helpful.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Calgary West
- Four Points By Sheraton Calgary West Hotel Calgary
- Four Points By Sheraton Calgary West Hotel
- Four Points Calgary West
- Four Points Calgary
- Sheraton Calgary
- Calgary Sheraton
- Calgary Four Points
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located across from WinSport Canada Olympic Park, Four Points Calgary West Hotel is near downtown and only 40 minutes from the Canadian Rocky Mountains. We have meeting space, a spa, and a restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.