“Extremely Rude Unaccommodating” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites South

You added Comfort Inn & Suites South to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4611 MacLeod Trail S.W., Calgary, Alberta T2G 0A6, Canada (Southwest Calgary)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #68 of 98 Hotels in Calgary
Medicine Hat, Canada
“Extremely Rude Unaccommodating”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Booked a room online paid in advance. Drove 4 hours from out of town to see a hockey game. We had tried to check in 30 min before game . While checking in I realized I didn't have my credit card only Visa debit/Cash. They would not accept a cash deposit or Visa debit and denied our Check in. The online booking agent called the front desk and tried to reason with clerk. When asked to speak with a manager we they were told "He is out of town". They refused my refund and refused my check in !!! Beware when booking here online!! Totally unreasonable staff and extremely rude. Ended up booking at a hotel down the street who was able to check us in and even get us a cab before game time!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Arrived around 10pm to be told they only had smoking rooms as that was what my travel agent had booked. Highly unlikely as it was a business trip and travel agent has my non smoking preference listed. Too late to change hotels due to early meeting in morning at plant nearby. I stayed. Big mistake! Halls were like a construction site with old beds and furniture stacked up, room stank of stale tobacco, Not even an attempt to deodorise the place. rooms grubby and carpets filthy, dust around edges showed place had never been cleaned fully. Noisy aircon with no vent fan option. Bathroom doors had large dents inside and out. All in all a very unpleasant place to stay. We have a lot of work going on nearby over the fall and winter but our teams will NOT be staying here!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Saskatchewan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn at 4611 MacLeod Trail during our trip to Calgary for medical. I cannot say enough good about Cindy and Albert. Cindy made our reservation and was very kind and professional. Albert was there when we checked in and was extremely kind and definitely met any requests we had and was always willing to help us and went out of his way to make our stay enjoyable. The beds and pillows were extremely comfortable. It was the best sleep we have ever had in a hotel and we don’t sleep well in hotels! Breakfast was very good too. Rooms are pricey, but compared to other hotels in Calgary, this Comfort Inn was very reasonable. We would definitely return in a minute!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have done A LOT of traveling and stayed at many hotels. This place had the rudest staff I have ever had to deal with. The man working the front desk was unprofessional and treated my husband and I like we were beneath him. While we were checking in, he wasn't listening to what we were saying and was being curt and difficult for no reason. I had such an awful experience with this hotel, I would not stay at another Comfort Inn and Suites anywhere.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Llandudno, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Stayed 1 night in comfort Inn Calgary after a long flight from the uk . Clean and comfy bed .Slept well . Continental breakfast adequate Location a bit far from central Calgary but ok with car . Calgary well done trying to get back to normal after your devastating floods .

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Hotel staffs are very knowledgeable and helpful. Faizal and Cyndy answered all my questions during their evening shift. Manager Gautam has true managerial quality and represents the choice brand very well. I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

The room was dated, but clean enough. The bed was quite comfortable. Those were the only positives I can think of. The front desk staff were consistently rude. While checking in, the girl seemed confused and when I asked her to explain the policies she refused. One morning, I was leaving for work a couple of minutes before the breakfast room opened and I asked for some hot water so I could have tea in my travel mug, I was told I had to wait until at least 6:30 to gain entrance to room so I could get the hot water. It was 6:25 at the time. Lastly, as I was leaving, and needed some information, the clerk told me to wait because he was typing, even though I mentioned I was in a bit of a hurry. Each person I encountered was more rude than the last. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites South? Share your experiences!