“Loved the hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites University

You added Comfort Inn & Suites University to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites University
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   2369 Banff Trail, N.W., Calgary, Alberta T2M 4L2, Canada (Northwest Calgary)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #77 of 98 Hotels in Calgary
Edmonton
“Loved the hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2008

Stayed over the long weekend, hotel had great breakfast waffles, fruit, eggs. Family loved the waterslide and pool.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Korean first
Alberta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2008

I phoned the hotel directly to book the room. I have a daughter and we were excited about the waterslide and pool. I specifically stated on the phone that I would like to have a room that was not beside an elevator or ice machine and one that was non smoking as I have allergies. The clerk responded that 'all of their rooms are quiet'. When we arrived, we received our key card and walked toward the elevator. We were immediately engulfed in a putrid cloud of cigarette smoke. It was overwhelming and followed us into the elevator. The other patrons in the elevator were covering their faces with their jackets and coughing as my throat began to close off.
Thankfully, we got to our floor and I discovered that our room was the closest possible room to the elevator. As we entered the room we could hear music from the other room blaring through our adjoining door.
However, we were so tired, we just wanted to flop on our beds and enjoy. As I pulled back the covers, I discovered several hairs in the bed and as I looked up at the pillow, saw 8 hairs and a crusty blob.
Disgusted, I went to look at the bathroom and saw hairs and a reddish slimy clumpy thing on the shower curtain.
I phoned the front desk and all he begrudgingly said was 'I'll get you a different room" without apology or anything.
I went down to the desk and told him specifically about the disgusting stuff in the room as well as the overpowering smoke in the hall and elevator. All he said was 'I'll leave a note for housekeeping." That was it.
I told him that at this point, we were leaving.
He sure didn't seem to care.
We found another cheaper, friendlier and clean hotel about a one minute walk down the road.
I will never go back.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Kelowna, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2007

The comfort inn is a decent property and a good value if booked online. I got a king bed room for $79 plus tax in december. The Comfort Inn motel village has a pool with a waterslide which i did not get to use as well as free breakfast which i also did not get to use. The room itself was a bit smaller than most ive stayed in but was comfortable a bit dark though. The tv appears to have no ppv movies just cable but more than basic cable which was nice. my view was of the bar next door and a parkin lot but no big deal as you only sleep there. It is about a 5-10min train ride from downtown on the LRT and will save you alot of money than stayin downtown. I would stay here again for sure.

• Liked — comfort and price
  • Disliked — internet computer not working
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
AB
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2007

I travel to Calgary frequently on business, and usually stay in Motel Village. I tried the Comfort Inn as an alternative to the Quality Inn or HI Express. Don't bother. It looks alright from the outside, but felt worn and slightly grotty. On the plus side, staff were friendly and bathroom was very clean. On the negative, the hallways were filthy, the carpet in my room looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years, and all the furnishings felt worn. Breakfast was subpar, and the sparse equipment in the exercise room (one treadmill and one stationary bike) weren't functioning properly.

For slightly less money, you can stay in a junior suite at the recently renovated Quality Inn three doors down and have a much better experience.

• Liked — Convenient access to C-Train
  • Disliked — Filth; poor breakfast; worn furnishing.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Weyburn, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2005

I called the hotel and booked a non smoking room with a jacuzzi tub, fridge, and microwave for myself, my wife, and our one year old. I wanted the tub for my wife and I; and we needed the fridge for the baby's formula. When we got to the room there was no fridge. I went to the front desk and asked for a fridge. The clerk said he could not supply one to that room. I said if I couldn't have the room I wanted that I would stay elsewhere. The clerk offered us a room with a tub and fridge on the third floor but when we opened the door we found it was a smoking room. I found the clerk to be very ignorant and not helpful for withholding this information while we were standing in front of him. I had packed our bags back into the car when the clerk threatened to bill my credit card for the full amount because we had not cancelled the room early enough. This is near 900pm. All I wanted at this point was a bed and fridge. The clerk offered us a suite for $120 or he would bill us $150 for the first room. I could get a bed and fridge two hotels down for $70. The clerk did not supply the room I booked and still demanded that we stay there or he would bill us, I found this absolutely disgusting. The room that we did get had a furnace that would squeal whenever it was running. The clerk in the morning was very nice and gave us a $25 discount. I will never stay here again, I hope that you don't, and I will be contacting the manager, the hotel chain, and Calgary tourism with this clerk's actions.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2005

This hotel was very cozy and quiet.

The room was very clean and fresh. There was also a great continental breakfast. And the pool and waterslide were very nice.

Overall this is a great place which has a great price. The location is also very close to Macman Statium and the Trans Canada Highway.

• Stayed March 2004
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2005

Checked into the Comfort Inn in Calgary, Sunday night, room was filty, no bath towels, called front desk and they moved us to another room, which was some what better. Children went to the pool with us adults in tow, to find that there was a ball team in the pool taking up all the slide, the smaller children had to stay by the edge of the pool or get hit by the older boys coming down the slide. otherwise the pool was nice. Next morning checked out and didn't check my statement until we were near Calaway Park to discover they had billed me for someone elses room. Stopped at the hotel on the way back to be told that the desk clerk had caught the mistake and had changed my Master Card to a higher amount. NOT AT ALL INPRESSED!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2005

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites University? Share your experiences!