“REALLY Run Down” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites Airport

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn & Suites Airport to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3111 26 Street NE, Calgary, Alberta T1Y 7E4, Canada (Northeast Calgary)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #43 of 98 hotels in Calgary
calgary ab
“REALLY Run Down”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed here for one night when in town visiting family. Thank god we only literally spent 10 hours in the room to get some sleep. The hotel was super run down - the hallways looked awful, and our room was kind of scuzzy. If I can see where it looks like someone spilled brown liquid all over the bathroom door, I would hope that housekeeping can too. The bathtub had rubber sticky things that were supposed to provide a non-slip surface - they were BLACK from the accumulated dirt. It would have been nice to know that they were in the process of renovating BEFORE we booked. Didn't check out the continental breakfast, we just wanted to get the heck out of there in the morning.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

147 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

I had stay so many times at this hotel, only once had a problem with my credit card from their side, charging me twice, however it was resolved within 2 weeks.

I would totally recommend this place to anyone.

It's not the fanciest one but it acceptable.

• Stayed October 2012
Salmon Arm, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

we splurged on a suite as we stayed 2 days, it was quaint and well equipt we left our car for 2 weeks and it was less expensive than the park and jet. After a few hours I washed the inside of the window as it was so dirty with hand prints and dirt, the shower curtain was hard due to the grime.

Room Tip: the suites are a good deal
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Saskatoon, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed in this hotel twice during a trip to BC. Once on the way out and once on the way home. The hotel is easy to get to from the #1 or the By Pass. It took us about 15 minutes to get to Cross Iron Mills from the hotel. The first time we stayed we booked a room with two queen beds. The room ended up being in the basement of the hotel. I found the room to be a noisy from the furnace or laundry room not sure. There was construction in the hallway of the basement. Laundry etc. was right beside the room. The room was dated but clean. Beds were ok. wifi wasn't great in the basement. Lobby and breakfast area were nice. Breakfast was typical for a comfort inn continental breakfast. Pool has a waterslide and hot tub. We only used the hot tub. The room was ok since we were only there to sleep. Our second time we booked a king suite because it was a good price. This room was on the second floor. Again some construction in hallway. Room had one room with bed, bathroom, tv, then area with pull out couch chairs, tv. The room had a fridge. Bathroom was quite small. The room was clean but a bit stuffy when we went in. This room was also dated. We would stay again if the price was right and was just an overnight trip again. For longer stays we would probably choose a different hotel.

Room Tip: Ensure room is not in the basement.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Was in town for work, with a limited budget. They gave me a great corporate rate. The staff was very friendly, rooms were clean. Internet was reliable and the breakfast was decent. Area also has decent restaurants and shopping, easy access to major routes.

• Stayed October 2012
Montreal,Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Inn and suites Airport location for 1 week. I needed a hotel close to the school I was attending. My stay was ok except for one thing. For 5 days I needed to be awake by 5:30 AM. On my 6th day here all I wanted was to sleep in for as long as possible. Unfortunately early sunday morning I awoke to the sounds of loud banging noises coming from the floor above.
I called the front desk 3 times and was put on hold each time for over 10 minutes. I called again. I was really upset. This time the front desk clerk ( Kios ) told me they were renovating the room above me. He said this was going to be done all day. I said couldn't you have told me this last night and move me to another room ? He said take it up with the manager on Monday. Very unprofessional of him. Other than that It was ok. The area is safe and there is shopping and restaurants nearby. Breakfast consists of , Scrambled eggs, sausage patties, waffles, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, bagels , english muffins, fruit and juices. It is a 10 to 15 minute drive to the airport.

Hope this helps .

Room Tip: If you need a microwave and a fridge make sure you ask for a suite.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Seattle Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

After never have been to Calgary before, I ended going there three times in a six week period, with two of those coming in a six day period. During those last two times, I stayed at this Comfort Inn and liked it.

Now I will not say that this is a top-shelf place, but will say I found it to fit my needs. So, with that said here are my pros and cons:

Pros

It has a very good free breakfast in the morning. With both a combination of hot and cold items it was better than most places I travel to around the US. The eggs were really (really) good!

The free water slide is very cool and believe it or not, it helped this "mature" business traveler chill out after a long day on the road.

Cons

Do not depend on getting picked up quickly from the airport with their free shuttle. Although, this is more of a timing issue, I would recommend taking a cab if you would like to get to the hotel quickly. In all fairness, my second trip resulted in wait time of about 15 minutes after my call for the shuttle to pick me up. The shuttle driver was very good and actually was surprised when I tipped him.

Dated facilities, but clean rooms. My first room on the M level did not have a frig or microwave, but my room on the 4th did, albeit much different than the other. There is a musty smell when on the 4th floor in the hallways, but it was not enough to freak me out.

Overall, this is a decent place to stay for the money and I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. The location is okay is you need to stay around that particular area. TRAFFIC ALERT – getting to the airport from this location and those several miles further back can be time consuming. There is some serious construction going on and I nearly missed my flight back to the US. My advice is to leave early.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with a frig and microwave
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Airport? Share your experiences!