“Nice stay except...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites Airport

You added Comfort Inn & Suites Airport to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3111 26 Street NE, Calgary, Alberta T1Y 7E4, Canada (Northeast Calgary)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2x Earn Free Night
Ranked #45 of 106 Hotels in Calgary
Montreal,Canada
“Nice stay except...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Inn and suites Airport location for 1 week. I needed a hotel close to the school I was attending. My stay was ok except for one thing. For 5 days I needed to be awake by 5:30 AM. On my 6th day here all I wanted was to sleep in for as long as possible. Unfortunately early sunday morning I awoke to the sounds of loud banging noises coming from the floor above.
I called the front desk 3 times and was put on hold each time for over 10 minutes. I called again. I was really upset. This time the front desk clerk ( Kios ) told me they were renovating the room above me. He said this was going to be done all day. I said couldn't you have told me this last night and move me to another room ? He said take it up with the manager on Monday. Very unprofessional of him. Other than that It was ok. The area is safe and there is shopping and restaurants nearby. Breakfast consists of , Scrambled eggs, sausage patties, waffles, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, bagels , english muffins, fruit and juices. It is a 10 to 15 minute drive to the airport.

Hope this helps .

Room Tip: If you need a microwave and a fridge make sure you ask for a suite.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Seattle Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

After never have been to Calgary before, I ended going there three times in a six week period, with two of those coming in a six day period. During those last two times, I stayed at this Comfort Inn and liked it.

Now I will not say that this is a top-shelf place, but will say I found it to fit my needs. So, with that said here are my pros and cons:

Pros

It has a very good free breakfast in the morning. With both a combination of hot and cold items it was better than most places I travel to around the US. The eggs were really (really) good!

The free water slide is very cool and believe it or not, it helped this "mature" business traveler chill out after a long day on the road.

Cons

Do not depend on getting picked up quickly from the airport with their free shuttle. Although, this is more of a timing issue, I would recommend taking a cab if you would like to get to the hotel quickly. In all fairness, my second trip resulted in wait time of about 15 minutes after my call for the shuttle to pick me up. The shuttle driver was very good and actually was surprised when I tipped him.

Dated facilities, but clean rooms. My first room on the M level did not have a frig or microwave, but my room on the 4th did, albeit much different than the other. There is a musty smell when on the 4th floor in the hallways, but it was not enough to freak me out.

Overall, this is a decent place to stay for the money and I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. The location is okay is you need to stay around that particular area. TRAFFIC ALERT – getting to the airport from this location and those several miles further back can be time consuming. There is some serious construction going on and I nearly missed my flight back to the US. My advice is to leave early.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with a frig and microwave
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Greensboro, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

When we travel, we don't spend much time in the hotel, so as long as it's clean, quiet, and convenient, we're happy. The front desk staff was pleasant and efficient. We were using our Choice Rewards and scored a large corner room which was isolated and beside the stairway for easy in and out. We enjoyed the microwave, small fridge, and work table. There were plenty of good restaurants in the area, several within walking distance. When we left after our initial three-day stay, we asked if we could have the same room a week later when we returned, if it was available. No promises were made, but when we came back, we found it ready for us. The only negative we experienced was that the breakfast area was awfully tight and hard to negotiate with a lot of people there, so much so that we gave up one morning and went to the nearby Tim Horton's. Another morning, a group assembled and planned their travel day in that same small space while others were trying to get their breakfast. We would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ayr, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We stayed here for one night since it was close to the airport.

Overall the hotel was clean and the staff were helpful. I did notice that the window ledge in room 405 had some water damage. The two beds were comfortable but I got to sleep on the pull-out sofa and it was terrible.

The air conditioner was odd. It is extended from the living room into the bedroom. I got to sleep on the pull-out sofa which was beside the air conditioner. My two companions found the bedroom hot and didn't sleep too well. And I almost didn't sleep at all because I was frozen by the 'windchill' from the air conditioner. Also, the pull-out sofa was one of the worst I've ever slept on. Surly, the Comfort Inn can do better than this.

The breakfast was adequate and there was a free shuttle service to the airport.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
west covina california
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I chose this hotel because of the easy freeway access. It was relatively inexpensive at about $100 on a Saturday evening. The hotel itself is a little dated with some stains on the carpets. There is a indoor pool with a two story high circular slide which looks like great fun. Across the street there are several reasonably priced ethic eateries including Chinese, Pakistani, and Indian so you won't go hungry. Actually while it looks like it located kind of out of the way - you are only five minutes away from a main street with grocery, Costco, etc.

The beds were comfortable and the the desk clerk helpful and courteous but busy covering a couple of jobs to the extent he wasn't there for a couple people checking in. There business center is a computer and printer located near the breakfast area. The breakfast surprising did include a pancake maker (though it had some trouble working) and sausage plus the usual fare.

For a place to sleep on the way someplace, I do think this provides great value.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Alberta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

The overall stay was okay. Standard amenities in the room with fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Hotel was clean and the renovations to the lobby and Breakfast area are really nice. Don't expect to enjoy the breakfast if you aren't there as soon as it opens. There were no hot items left with 1 hour left of breakfast and they didn't bother making any more. The rest of the options were picked over and it took a long time for the staff to replenish the items. Housekeeping didn't bother leaving us fresh towels when they cleaned our room so they had to come back since they took our dirty towels too. Satisfactory stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Stouffville Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Recently we used our CHOICE points to stay at this hotel prior to a flight the following day. Front desk employees were efficient and helpful. Our room was very comfortable and extremely clean. Breakfast next day had a good variety of hot and cold, just what you need to get a start on the day. We didn't use the pool but it looked clean and appeared to be a hit with the kids. I can't even imagine that some of the reviews I've read are referring to the same hotel

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family