“Three stars because my complains were addressed after 2 hours” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza Calgary Airport Hotel and Conference Centre

You added Ramada Plaza Calgary Airport Hotel and Conference Centre to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza Calgary Airport Hotel and Conference Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3515 26th Street NE, Calgary, Alberta T1Y7E3, Canada (Formerly Greenwood Inn Hotel) (Northeast Calgary)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #60 of 102 Hotels in Calgary
Minneapolis, MN
“Three stars because my complains were addressed after 2 hours”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I didn't get here by choice. My client booked me here. Think of this place as a regular "motel", expect this to be a cheap motel and you will feel better.

I arrived around midnight, after a lot of complaining: small bed, bad shower head, smelly room, etc. none of these complaint works. Then I asked for a bottle of water, they said go to the vending machine. I just came from the USA, so I didn't have any cash. They said go down to the front desk and they will give me a cup of water.

Finally, I notice there's a cigarette odor in my room (at least I thought that was cigarette odor), so I called and said that I cannot go to bed because the bed and the room has cigarette odor and I develop a rash on my face, etc, etc.. and they moved me to a junior suite.

What's in the "suite"? There's a king size bed with a bottle of water.

After two hours haggling with the clerks, I now can sleep for the next few days and they earned a three-star rating.

Room Tip: Keep complaining until you get to the top floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I decided to try out this hotel because booking.com had a great deal on it. I waited for 10 mins at the front desk to check in before someone noticed me. Then the agent told me there was an issue with my booking. I had reserved online but called two days prior to confirm they had my booking and to advise them that I would have my dog with me. They spent 15 mins trying to contact someone to find out which rooms were pet friendly, the person never responded so the agent went and got his Supervisor to ask what to do. I then waited another 45 mins for them to figure it out and clean a room, but ended up getting someone else's reserved room instead. They did not offer a discount or an upgrade, nothing for the error and delay. I got to the room. The carpets and comforters were filthy!!! My dog wouldn't even sit on the bed! The room smelled like pee and there was a yellow stain and a pee smell on one of the pillows! I have never been so disgusted by a so called 4 star hotel in my life! I paid the money and knew I couldn't get a refund so I decided to stick it out. I ordered room service for dinner. I ordered steak-med rare, it was over cooked, and an apple juice. My meal arrived 15 mins later than they told me it would be, fine. They forgot my juice! So i called room service and they sent me up an Orange Juice! The only recommendation I will give this hotel, is to stay the hell away from it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed there two nights during Stampede and it was busy but that didn't matter. Service was great! Room was very nice and comfortable!! Great price too considering they could have charged a lot more during Stampede.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

This hotel has a nice feel to it and you will get a good night's sleep in the spacious King rooms. They are very clean and comfortable. There are plenty of places to eat in the surrounding area. We found the breakfast disappointing and would recommend walking over to the nearby Sheraton for a lots of healthier options in their Cafe for only two dollars extra.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Concord
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The Greenwood is very relaxing and clean hotel. The staff is courteous and strive to make your stay pleasant. The restaurant and lounge are great and the conference rooms are more than adequate. May be not 5 star but definitely above average.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012 via mobile

After booking a cheap 2 star, we moved to this hotel. Heaven in comparison which accounts for the four stars. Probably only a 3 star however it was clean, modern, spacious, clean, no smells, just plain nice! Beds are really comfortable!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Just an okay hotel. The level of service was great from the perspective of the individuals however they have one girl on the front desk in the mornings and she is responsible for the phones so 6 people waited until she took a number phone calls and reservations.

The A/C in the rooms is very loud and sounds like a tractor not a great sleep aid.

The overal housekeeping in this property is excellent and the rooms are well laid out etc.

The buffet breakfast was just okay and very basic

I think you can get a newer and better value property in the same area and I would not return to this property.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Ramada Plaza Calgary Airport Hotel and Conference Centre? Share your experiences!