“Great Hotel, Great Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Calgary Airport

Save Saved
You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Calgary Airport to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Calgary Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2481 39th Ave NE, Calgary, Alberta T2E 8V8, Canada (Northeast Calgary)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #17 of 98 hotels in Calgary
Lincolnshire, England
“Great Hotel, Great Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites, Calgary for one night at the end of a wonderful holiday in Canada before flying back to the UK. The checking in process was very smooth, quick and extremely friendly. We were delighted that we had been upgraded to a suite – just one of those things our friendly receptionist told us.

The suite was very spacious and spotlessly clean with all the amenities that you could wish for. All in all, very comfortable.

After settling in and on the way out for the evening, we had some questions about visiting Calgary Zoo the following day. These were comprehensively answered, in fact they answered them before I could ask anticipating each of them which included giving me a business card with the hotel’s address for the taxi driver!

There was a great complimentary buffet breakfast with a good choice of cereals, pastries and all sorts of things. The icing on the cake was the complimentary shuttle to the airport.

Overall, excellent – very helpful and genuinely friendly staff. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

229 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Stouffville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel the night before a flight out of Calgary. The staff when I checked in were extremely friendly, they upgraded my room to a suite since I'm a Club Carlson member, called my room to make sure everything was okay -- they couldn't have been more attentive. Room was up-to-date, quiet and comfortable. They have a very large breakfast area with a wonderful assortment of hot and cold items. I believe they have a shuttle to airport, but I had a car rental and it took me less than 15 minutes to drive to the airport the next morning. I would recommend this hotel. There is a Chili's restaurant next door, and there was a menu in the room indicating that Chili's will provide room service. The hotel is close to a busy road, but far enough off that I didn't hear traffic. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
southern alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We loved our stay here, were there only one night. It was quiet, all the staff were really nice, the pool is open late, the breakfast was great! Loved the waffles! Bed was very comfortable. I booked this hotel through hotwire which is always a gamble but paid off big this time! The exercise room was nice as well and they have coffee and tea in the front area all day long. It's in a good location, we will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This hotel works hard to make you feel welcome and is friendly. The front desk, the room, work out facilities, pool and hot tub were pleasing. Breakfast the next morning was expansive and the atmosphere had the guests chatting together. Well done - I look forward to staying again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I arrived at the Inn on Sunday evening. While the clerk had some difficulty locating my reservation, and had me wondering if I had made a mistake, this was the only glitch and the rest of the staff made my stay wonderful. Of particular note, the subsequent front counter clerk, Keli, was in a word AWESOME. Taxi reservations without question ( and all 5 minutes early - wow!! ), recommendations on restaurants and generally making guests feel welcome, important and appreciated.

The cleaning staff were always busy but took the time to be friendly and cordial.

My room was comfortable and clean. Chili's room service was spectacular, my food delivered in 10 minutes - unheard of before this stay. The food was absolutely delicious. Thank you Chili's Staff!!!

I will return to Calgary and absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Fernie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I've stayed 15+ times at the Country Inn and Suites in the last year and a half and generally the hotel and service meet or exceed my expectations.

Upon my arrival (8pm), I asked if I could get an upgrade to a suite (for an extra charge of course), to which Stephen replied "We usually save our upgrades for our corporate guests". Now most people wouldn't be offended by that, but I was, mostly due to the fact that yes I do get a discounted rate but that should not exempt me from the upgrade. Second of all, when booking online I am always offered an upgrade, which I accept and usually receive upon arrival. NOW I decided to keep my cool at check in and to further investigate upon check out. Upon check out I spoke to Keith and asked him if there had been any of the room types available that I wanted available the night before, to which he replied yes. I specifically request a suite because my boyfriend snores really loud and sometimes the extra room allows me to get some sleep if the ear plugs aren't enough (this time sleep didn't happen).

On top of that situation I had called about the hours of room service and got a reply of "Room service in regards to housekeeping since we don't have a restaurant." To which I reply "No Chili's the restaurant next door that your do room service with". (They've offered the service for just about a year.) I ask the gentleman on the other line for the hours of the room service and he says "I think it's 10pm on weekdays and 12 on weekends". I ask "So you think", he says "Yes I'm not sure". Well buddy how about you go find out for me since after all that's your job!

I've worked in the hospitality industry for a long time and I know that you do everything in your power to make the guests stay memorable and offer to fix any problems that arise. I felt like Stephen just finds my stays an annoyance to his day.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Leanne S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Calgary Airport, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us in Calgary.

I am sorry to hear that you did not find the service this past stay to be up to the level that you have come to expect from us. I apologize that the E-standby upgrade option was not made available to you on your recent booking and will be certain to investigate why this situation occurred.

If you would like to discuss this personally with me please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

We appreciate the feedback as it only helps us improve the level of service and accommodations we provide all of our guests.

Warmest Regards,

Leanne Shaw-Brotherston
yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

On arrival at Calgary we phoned the hotel from a courtesy phone the shuttle took around 20mins to arrive,and the hotel is a 15/20 mins drive away around the other side of the Airport.The receptionist was friendly and told us hot tea / coffee was available and cookies, or coffee machine in our room.There is a hot tub outside but we were to tired to bother.
The room was spacious and clean and the beds were very comfortable,and good blackout curtains.I had asked for a quiet room and was given one,there is a busy road along one side of the hotel.
Breakfast was good ,not lots of cooked options ,but making your own fresh waffle was fun ,and the staff were very good filling up juices ,cereals etc.
We had a good sleep and breakfast, and took the shuttle back to the airport the next day to collect our hire car.A good stay,all the staff were great.

Room Tip: A room away from the main road.