“Best pet-friendly stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Executive Royal Hotel Calgary

You added Executive Royal Hotel Calgary to your Saves list
Executive Royal Hotel Calgary
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2828 23rd St NE, Calgary, Alberta T2E8T4, Canada (Formerly Executive Royal Inn North Calgary)   |
Offers & Announcements
Great Tripadvisor Rate
Ranked #37 of 98 Hotels in Calgary
Canmore, Canada
“Best pet-friendly stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

This hotel is top-notch for pet-friendly! We brought our puppy there overnight this past weekend and everyone welcomed us and staff were extra friendly to our pup, even giving him a welcome bag of treats and a toy among other things! We were impressed and will stay there again! We found the room comfy, clean, and the Keurig was a nice touch! Room service and food was good... I highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: Our corner room was very quiet!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
RoyalInnCalgary, General Manager at Executive Royal Hotel Calgary, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Dear TinaStephBosco,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We are very pleased to hear that both the two legged and four legged guests in your group enjoyed their stay. We hope to see you back again.

Danny Marshall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

We stayed at the Executive Royal Inn for a night prior to departing on our flight and then the night that we got back from our vacation. The rooms that we were given were newly renovated with very comfortable beds and bedding. The shuttle was very convenient taking us to the airport and return from the airport - we were also allowed to leave our vehicle in their parking lot for the 10 nights that we were gone. We ate at the restaurant that is on site for breakfast. They offered a breakfast buffet with enough options to satisfy anyone (I think).

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I figured I would fork over the extra money for this hotel because the reviews I read seemed okay and when I looked at cheaper places in the area they had mixed reviews. BIG MISTAKE! I could not believe the level of disrepair I found at this place. Don't trust the pictures, the furniture is new but the room and bathroom are so beat up I couldn't believe it! Peeling paint, stains in the sink, watermarks on the ceiling, the bathroom door looked like it had swelled due to a flood at some point. Lack of maintenance aside I also found the ABSENCE OF BASIC CLEANLINESS STANDARDS appalling. I had a late check in and when I got to my room I stepped inside and immediately walked on a pile of grit, looking down there was what appeared to be mud from someone's boots and a rolled up bit of toilet paper of concerning origin. It was late so I thought maybe this was the only issue and proceeded to check out the beds. Very old linens, pulled back sheets in BOTH beds and found MULTIPLE STRANDS OF HAIR under the pillows and in the sheets! Went to front desk, staff nice as pie, new room and a complimentary breakfast pass. Next room SAME FILTH, only 2 hairs in one bed so I called it a night. NOT WHAT I EXPECT FOR $150+/NIGHT!!! NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
RoyalInnCalgary, General Manager at Executive Royal Hotel Calgary, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear StraightGoodsCdn ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We strive to make all our guests stays as exceptional one. It is clear that we have missed the mark on your most recent stay.

I was very disappointed reading your review as I have not been witness to one of our rooms in such poor condition. We do have some rooms that are slated to be painted in the next few months. I would very much appreciate if you could advise when you stayed and which rooms you were in so that I can work with our housekeeping and maintenance team to ensure that this room is brought up to a proper standard. My personal email is dmarshall@royalinn.com

Our rates are set based on market demand. We do regularly check our rates against our competitors and find that our rates fall in line with the market.

Once again thank you very much for your review. It is very disappointing to hear that your stay with us was well below what we consider acceptable. Your review will be used as training tool to ensure that future incidents such as this do not occur.

Yours in hospitality,

Danny Marshall
Coaldale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised by the spacious and beautifully decorated room. Staff were friendly, place was clean. It was a very nice stay and we wouldn't hesitate to stay again. Only downside was no pool.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I stayed here on a recent business trip. I wanted something close to the main highways and not in the downtown core. My room was clean, comfortable and quiet. Check-in and check-out was smooth and seamless. Loads of parking and restaurants within walking distance. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators and facing the back parking area.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Had X-Mas banquet there. I've had a lot worse.

I was pleasantly surprised. Tables were tasteful, service was right there, drinks were decent size. Lots of food and the desert selection was quite extensive. Well Done.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

My stay @ this hotel was very comfortable. Upon check-in the front desk staff were very friendly and really helpful. The rooms are a fair size and very clean.Free coffee is available in the room and you can request more from housekeeping or the front desk; complimentary shampoo,conditioner,lotion as well. Rooms are cleaned every day.
You can set the temperature in the room to your comfort.
The price was really quite reasonable; 120- 140 dollars, canadian.
Steels, the restaurant was really excellant; food was good and the price was right.
I will be staying here again; I liked it.:)

Room Tip: Upper floors are always quieter.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Been to Executive Royal Hotel Calgary? Share your experiences!