“Personal boutique hotel with nice details” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kensington Riverside Inn

You added Kensington Riverside Inn to your Saves list
Kensington Riverside Inn
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1126 Memorial Drive NW, Calgary, Alberta T2N 3E3, Canada (Hillurst)   |
Ranked #11 of 100 Hotels in Calgary
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Personal boutique hotel with nice details”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for one night as we were in Calgary for a concert. We got KRI recommended by a friend and had wanted to try out the restaurant(in the hotel)"Chefs Table" for some time so decided to stay over. The hotel is nicely decorated and the service is personal. I loved the little extras like slippers, turn down service, coffee tray and paper in the morning. Our room had a fireplace and large windows and it really felt more like part of a house than a traditional hotel. The included breakfast was great and cooked in front of us in the open kitchen in the "chefs table" restaurant. We really enjoyed our supper there too and found both food and service fantastic! Kensington is a great area with plenty of small boutiques, coffee shops and restaurants. The hotel is close to the train and just opposite the river.
All in all we loved it. Will come again and recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

We live in Calgary, but decided to try the Riverside as a staycation for our anniversary. It was great. Small, initimate hotel right in walkable Kensington with great views of downtown. Breakfast was superb the next morning, and the staff as friendly and helpful. Not cheap, but overall good value for your money.

• Stayed November 2012
Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I booked a night at the Kensington Riverside Inn this past weekend for a surprise getaway for my husband and I. Let me say it was AMAZING!!! The Inn is decorated absolutely beautifully! As soon as we pulled up I knew I made the right choice. It reminded me of a historic building but inside it has been all renovated and is modern.

We booked the dine & stay package. The meals were phenominal. Such a neat experience to watch the chef's in the kitchen creating masterpieces that were meticuosly plated to perfection. Included in the package was a dining credit for supper as well as breakfast.

I love the intimate feeling of the 19-room inn. The rooms are very big, with the most comfortable beds. The finishings in the room were perfect!

The service was top notch from when I phoned to book the hotel (they were able to arrange massages for us last minute), to check-in. The waiter was attentive and knowledgeable. The rooms were very clean.

I would definately recommend this inn and hope we can visit again.

Room Tip: Our room had a view of the back alley, so if you are concerned, try request a view to the south, not...
Stavely, Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

My husband and I celebrated a very special anniversary here and I'm so glad we chose KRI. Loved the room decor - we were told it had just been redone a week ago - room 219. The attention to detail was spectacular. We had our first fine dining experience at The Chef's Table as well. I'm so glad we chose to celebrate in style. My husband commented that he wasn't used to such attentive service, being escorted to our rooms, the waiters at the restaurant were so helpful. This is a luxury hotel that is worth the money. Service plus attention to detail = special++.

calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Riverside Inn for our fifth wedding anniversary this past Saturday night. We always go to Banff when we need a night away but decided to do something different this time. To put it simply, everything about our stay was top notch. Room was clean and had excellent decor. We requested some ice from front desk and it was at our door in five minutes. We headed out for dinner and came back to a room with rose pedals scattered over the room with a congratulatory letter for our anniversary with chocolates. Awesome! The bed was the best I have ever slept in anywhere ( i have stayed in hundreds of hotels ) and we had waiting in the morning at the door tea and juice in bed! We had complimentary breakfast at the Chef's Table at the Inn and it was also excellent. This is the best kept secret in Calgary and I would recommend this hotel to everyone. We will be back. Thanks Riverside Inn, it is nice to see that someone in the world still cares about it's customers! Marc.

Canmore, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

My visits to the KRI are always a treat. It's a beautiful hotel, with excellent rooms. When I'm visiting Calgary I always prefer to stay a bit out of town as there is more to see and down than in downtown. The staff at the KRI are a delight, especially Mandy. Don't come here expecting the services of a downtown business hotel, but do come here expecting a relaxing stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed at the Riverside Inn as art of our first anniversary together so that although we live in Calgary we wouldn't have to drive home after dinner. We checked in at the front desk and the welcome that the employees provided was incredibly warm. I have never had a front desk employee walk us to our room before it was a very nice touch. We had reserved their basic room with the dine and stay package included. The room was incredibly comfortable and extremely well set up...perfect for a romantic weekend. We ordered two glasses of wine to have in our room which were delivered promptly. For our dinner reservation at 7:00 pm we arrived a little early and as we were seated Peter told us that the table was ours for the night if we wanted it. The 2.5 hours that we spent at dinner was a fun and thouroughly enjoyable experience thanks to him. The two gentlemen working the dining room were nothing short of amazing and really made the entire night that much better. I can't tell you enough how Peter, our server, went really over and above to make sure that we had an incredibly good time. The room was very comfortable and quiet after dinner and if I could find only one fault with the entire stay it would be the shower head. I know that it sounds trivial but the shower head in our room did not have good flow and would be a simple fix to round out an otherwise perfect weekend.

For a romantic getaway I would definitely give this Hotel 2 thumbs up!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Kensington Riverside Inn? Share your experiences!