“Great room & fabulous location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire

You added Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire to your Saves list
Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   255 Barclay Parade SW, Calgary, Alberta T2P 5C2, Canada (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #27 of 100 Hotels in Calgary
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Gibsons, Canada
“Great room & fabulous location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Just stayed 4 nights here and absolutely love the location, the size of the room and the helpful staff. I was visiting my son who lives in Kensington, and it was a very pleasant walk thru a lovely park to get to him. My complaints are all things they can easily change, the biggest one being the charge for Internet! I became a Starwood member as I anticipate being in Calgary once a month and had decided I would always stay there because of the location, so was shocked that even as a member I still have to pay for Internet. I think that in this day and age, it's ridiculous to charge guests for Internet, like charging extra to use the microwave! Other complaints were supplying Starbucks paper cups instead of proper mugs and not having a single plate or piece of cutlery in what looks like a well appointed kitchenette. I had a friend pop round for tea, we used the only 2 paper cups, then I had to fish those same paper cups out of the waste paper bin, to use for coffee the next morning! The sort of thing you get from a 1 or 2 star motel, not a 5 star hotel. I switched rooms as I needed space for a crib when my granddaughter stayed over, and was surprised when the second room supplied the range of toiletries expected in a 5 star hotel, while the other only had shampoo and conditioner! Not very consistent housekeeping. As I said earlier, all things that can easily be remedied by the hotel. Would still return there - with my own mug!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Michelle N, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete such a detailed review of your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. I am pleased you enjoyed your suite and were able to take advantage of our spectacular location in Eau Claire. I will be sure to pass on your feedback to our housekeeping department and do encourage you in the future to reach out to any member of our Guest Service Team who would be happy to provide any additional items to make your stay more comfortable. We look forward to your return!

Ian Marceau, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Great location no doubt! The room was dated - needs to be updated. The gym was good. The service wasn't 4 star service. Valet parking service was good - offered water bottles on my way out. Got charge for Internet when I didn't sign in - it was removed. I booked this hotel over Westin because of the great reviews here. IMHO, my stay didn't meet the service I expected from a 4 star hotel and the reviews I read. It's average and on the low scale for a 4 star hotel - more of a 3 star hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Michelle N, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you taking the time to provide us feedback of your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. I am glad you enjoyed your stay in Eau Claire, a truly spectacular location in Calgary. I am disappointed you felt your experience did not reflect the outstanding reviews we feel are a true representation of our service. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back, at which time we hope to make amends and show you a true representation of the award winning service we pride ourselves on.

Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We spent a total of 3 nights at this hotel in mid-August 2013. The rooms are excellent - we had 2 queens, with a sofa bed in the living area. The microwave and fridge are handy, but they only supply a few cups - no plates or cutlery. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful!! There is valet parking for $38/day. They ask for 10 minutes warning to bring the cars around, but when it's busy it can be twice that. The staff is working hard, though, and do their best to serve you quickly, and keep you apprised of when the car will be up. The pool area is really fun - a waterside, sizeable pool, and nice whirlpool. The pool area is glassed in, giving lovely natural light and sky views. They ran out of towels late in the day in the pool area, which was inconvenient, and the bathing suit spinner didn't work the last night we were there. Minor inconveniences in an otherwise well-run hotel. I'd recommend it.

Room Tip: I'd suggest not being on the same floor as the pool (2nd)- more traffic and a bit noisier.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Michelle N, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us a review of your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered with valet however I am glad to learn our team was able to make amends. I am thrilled you had enjoyable stay and were able to take advantage of the pool and fitness area! I will be sure to pass your thoughts onto our Guest Service Team. Thank you for the recommendation, we look forward to hosting you in the future.
Camrose, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We were in Calgary for a wedding and although the wedding was in Okotoks (about 1/2 hr. drive), we chose the Sheraton because we are Starwood members and the Eau Claire location had the proper room configirations for our families 2 night stay.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite the first evening and it was very comfortable. There were 2 full bathrooms a minibar and microwave. The living area had a pullout couch, which we did not use because the second bedroom had two queen beds. Kids said they were comfy! The main bedroom had a king bed and although the room was small and confirgured around the wall mounted TV, it was comfortable. The bathrooms were each large and provided plenty of towels and face clothes for our group.

The first morning I had a difficult time getting my car brought around on time, but the manager took care of things after I waited for 40 minutes. I believe that the new service express system allows for errors in communication between guests and departments in the Sheraton properties. I perfer to speak directly with the valet service and then both parties know who they spoke with and the ball doesnt get dropped. The situation would not deter me from staying here again in the future. It is just what happened.

The second night the hotel staff moved our luggage to a smaller king corner room because our party was now only 2 people. The room was very large and so comfortable. The bathroom had a large bubble tub and a separate shower. The bathroom was massive. We ordered room service and the food was excellent, hot and quickly delivered. Breakfast in the morning was also perfect!

The hotel is doing some renovations on the club floor, so sadly we did not have the opportunity to enjoy those extras. I am excited to see what the new rooms will look like.

The location is excellent; along the river, downtown, but also easy to get out to the freeway and head any direction. There are great restaurants and shopping in the area. I would recommend this property for your next stay in Calgary.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. I am thrilled to learn that you and your family enjoyed the features of our suites, surrounding amenities and spectacular location in Eau Claire Market. We cannot wait to welcome you back so that you can experience the newly revitalized Sheraton Club Floor and Lounge. Thank you for the recommendation and as always, we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future!
New Orleans
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I had a 2 night stay for business in Calgary and stayed at the Shell Oil preferred hotel. The hotel is very well maintained, the food at the adjoining restaurants is quite good and the proximity to the downtown business district is great.

As it was my first trip to Calgary I was surprised at how scenic the entire area is. The hotel is a 2 block walk from a whitewater river and a lovely park area. (Sadly much of the park was closed off due to flood damage a few weeks earlier.) Many joggers and bikers were around. I had a nice walk and hill climb that made up for missing my gym workout at home.

Back to the hotel. The staff was very friendly and courteous. The room I was in was spotless and the bed was very comfortable. I slept well though I was a bit disconcerted to see daylight at 10 PM. (In New Orleans, it's dark by 8 PM at the latest.)

Excellent hotel and I recommend it highly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. I am pleased to learn you found your suite spotless and comfortable and that you enjoyed the service provided by our outstanding team. The Eau Claire area is truly a wonderful place to experience Calgary. We look forward to having the opportunity to have you stay with us again.

Tver, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The hotel is at the border of downtown and scenic Prince island. Most places of interest are in the walking distance, including Stampede area. The hotel itself is surrounded by a group of nice restaraunts and bars. At a bonus, there are very beautiful jogging routes from the hotel up and down the Bow river - full with people and, thus, motivating.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of you recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. We are thrilled you were able to take advantage of our unique location, enjoying all that the surrounding area has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Our family recently stayed at the Sheraton Suites Eau Claire for a weekend (Saturday and Sunday nights) after several nights on vacation in the Banff National Park.

Positives:
- Adjacent to Prince's Island Park and Bow River Pathway - great for walking, running, & biking
- Attractive, spacious lobby
- Free wifi in lobby & computers for printing our boarding passes
- Large rooms with view over Eau Claire Marketplace
- Two large flat screen tv's
- Nice indoor pool & whirlpool
- Free parking on street from 6pm Sat - 11am
- Restaurant options in the hotel, in the Eau Claire Marketplace, and many others in the downtown core.

Negatives:
- Uncomfortable sofa bed
- Wifi $12.95 per day in room (free in lobby)
- Room frig $10.00 per day
- Bedroom has very little floor space with two queen beds

Overall, I would say that this hotel is good but not great.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. We truly appreciate the gift of feedback as it allows our team to continuously learn the needs of our valued guests. I am displeased to learn of a few concerns that occurred during your stay. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back upon your next escape to Calgary at which time we hope to make amends.

Ian Marceau, General Manager

Been to Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire? Share your experiences!