“Fabulous Everything” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire to your Saves list
Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   255 Barclay Parade SW, Calgary, Alberta T2P 5C2, Canada (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #29 of 98 hotels in Calgary
Vancouver, Canada
“Fabulous Everything”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

From the bellman that had my luggage at the desk before I had even climbed out of the cab to the upgrade at check-in from a standard suite to a Club suite (guess it was my lucky day) gave me the best 1st impression that I have ever had of a hotel and it carried right through my 2 day stay. My accommodation was a lovely huge corner suite on the 10th fl. with 2 private bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms & 3 large flat screen tv's, which was a little more than a solo traveller needed, but the spaciousness was wonderful. This suite even had a brick patio off the master bedroom with table chairs and heat lamp...too bad the weather wasn't warmer.

The suite also included a lot of extras like a bathroom scale, fax machine, starbucks coffee maker, microwave in addition to the usual ammenities. The king sized bed was super comfy and with the hotel being in a cul-de-sac, there was no traffic or any other noises. The decor was stylish and warm and the staff were professional yet genuine and friendly. I really was very impressed with everything about this hotel. I ate in the Irish Pub one night & Barclay's dining room the next night and the food was good in both and I had my breakfasts in the Club lounge on the 15th floor which was great to grab something quickly since I didn't have much time either morning.

I would definitely recommend to anyone - just a terrific hotel right downtown without the downtown feel. Wish I had brought my camera on this business trip just so I could have taken photos of my suite.

Room Tip: Corner suite had three large windows, lots of sunlight and nice view(s)
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
gmthegm, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this review, November 14, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to complete such a wonderful review of the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your suite and your entire stay. I am also very happy to hear that you were “very impressed with everything about this hotel”, we take great pride in the award-winning service that we provide and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Warm Regards,

444 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011 via mobile

Last time I booked in here they managed to give away my room, no fun after a nine hour flight from London at 9pm. But they were very sorry and gave me a free room elsewhere (a bit of a dump), lots of Starwood points and an upgrade voucher for my next visit. So here I am again and the upgrade is for the Presidential Suite.
This was a great room with plenty of amenities, very comfortable and loads of space.
The hotel has good facilities and is well situated in downtown Calgary near shops, restaurants and the river. It's also a good location for jogging, although cold Calgary mornings in October make that a challenge.
Overall, a very good hotel.

• Stayed October 2011
gmthegm, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
Thank you for providing us with the gift of feedback within your review of the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. Once again we do apologize for the unfortunate relocation that occurred on your last visit. We are thrilled to learn that we were able to make amends and that you enjoyed your suite and its amenities for this stay. The Eau Claire area is truly fantastic, a bit of an oasis in the heart of the city with lots to explore and enjoy! We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Halifax, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Found our room clean and quiet. The rooms were quite crammed, didn't leave a whole lot of space for your bags and to get around.

Staff: Friendly and knowledgable

Ate at the pub at the hotel - great fish and chips! :)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
gmthegm, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this review, October 17, 2011
Thank you for your review of your recent stay. We truly appreciate your honest and candid critique. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed the fish and chips at Fionn MacCool’s Irish Pub, a personal favourite mine as well. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

Look for the discount 40%+ at this hotel’s WEB site. Velvet parking cost $30 + tip during weekend, $3 more during weekday. I did not see any cheaper parking nearby.

This hotel is pet friendly. There is a dog house in the lobby and I saw a big dog running freely not on leash.

It is located in the downtown area, adjacent to the Prince Island. The island has a children playground only. Many people recommended the Tea House on the island but it is pretty expensive, main course $40+. Eating is generally expensive in the downtown, main course $30+. There are cheaper alternative, Spaghetti House up the 3rd street and Sumo Japanese besides the hotel. Up 3rd street, there are underground streets and a good size shopping centre. There are also busy night life near 3rd street and 8th Avenue during the weekend.

The room is beautifully decorated (photos will be uploaded). The size is also good, provided in the downtown area. It has doors between the sit in area, washing area and bathroom. The sofa can also turn into a sofa bed. My room view is above swimming pool and opposite to YMCA. Some rooms may see the island and river. The swimming pool is pretty standard and there is a water slide. The service is good and quick, response to room service is within 3 minutes.

Room Tip: looks for discount at this hotel's WEB
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
gmthegm, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this review, October 7, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. The "big dog " in the lobby is our Chocolate Lab, Canine Ambassador, Ben. He is very friendly and guests can schedule a walk with Ben by making an appointment with our Concierge Team. I’m glad to learn that you’ve taken advantage of our surrounding areas and explored them thoroughly. I’m also happy to know that you enjoyed our suites. We look forward to welcoming you back non your next trip to Calgary.

Leicester, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

I stayed at the Sheraton Suites for about a month this summer whilst in Calgary on business. I actually arrived the day Stampede started (best timing ever!) so it was a great time to be in Calgary.
The location of the hotel is great, nice to be so close to Prince's Island Park during the summer months, it's a lovely place to run/walk/sunbathe. It's also well situated for most of down town, I found myself basically walking everywhere. There's always taxis available outside too - oh and the hotel is connected to Calgary's elevated walkway network (the +15) which I imagine is useful in winter!
The room I had was very nice, spacious, well designed and I had two Queen beds in mine (or maybe they were King, I get confused by N. American bed sizings! Either way, they were BIG) and the living area was nice too, good sized desk and a kitchenette (just about - there was a microwave!) which was stocked with decent glassware. There's a small supermarket and a liquor store about 5 mins walk away on 5th Avenue for any supplies, minibar is usual hotel extravagant pricing! The bed was comfortable, nice pillows; the bathroom was certainly adequate (shower above tub) and overall it was a comfortable place to spend a month.
Staff were excellent, super friendly and accommodating, and although canine concierge Ben (woof!) was on holiday most of the time I was there I did get to see him a few times.
Other hotel facilities? Well, the two bar areas are both nice, the food is pretty good too. The gym wasn't the best, but not such an issue in summer. The pool I was not really a fan of it, was shallow (fair enough, I can cope with that), but it seemed to have a VERY high chlorine level - it made my eyes sting a fair bit.
The wifi was pretty solid, and free, which is nice!
Overall it was a very pleasant stay, I would certainly be happy to go and stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel have slightly nicer views I think, but generally it doesn't matt...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
gmthegm, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to complete such a wonderful review of the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire and the surrounding areas. We are thrilled to learn that you were able to take full advantage of the hotel’s amenities, as well as the Eau Claire area. I’m sorry to hear that you were only able to see Ben, our Canine Ambassador a few times, he loves vacations during the summer as well! We are currently in the process of planning a renovation for our existing health club area.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best Regards,

Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel many times over the years and I have always enjoyed my stays.
Large rooms and good service make this my favourite hotel in Calgary. For gold and platinum spg members the lounge on 15 is a nice plus. They serve a great hot and cold breakfast in the morning.

The hotel is on the edge of the business district but is conveniently connected to everything through Calgary's +15 network for those cold days. It is also adjacent to to Bow River and Prince's Island Park for walks or jogs.

For convenient dining, an Irish Pub, Fionn MacCool's is onsite and Joey's casual dining is across the street. Chinatown is a couple of blocks away.

Downside, well the gym is not terribly well equipped but I have that same comment about every hotel where I have stayed in Calgary.

Room Tip: I like odd numbered rooms as the even numbered look across at an office tower. If you stay there, cl...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
gmthegm, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this review, October 4, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to complete a great review of your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. It is wonderful to see some of our loyal guests, such as yourself, continue to return to our hotel. We take great pride in providing our guest with outstanding service and we’re proud to be your “favourite hotel in Calgary”. On another note we are currently in the process of a renovation plan for our existing health club area, that will take plance in the near future. Thank you very much for your patronage and we look forward to welcoming your back.

Kelowna, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

Thought it important to let you know of my experience with the front desk staff and assistant managers response to my concerns. When I received my VISA statement I had a secondary charge of my card being swiped to pay more than half of another patron's bill which was 4x my bill. Front Desk Asst. Mgr. indicated my card was swiped accidentally after I checked out (6 am) and then indicated that IT dept. was at fault. I asked for a copy of the bill and I was able to see the other patron"s name/address/telephone #/who he worked for etc and I assume he got my personal info on his receipt. I indicated that I was not happy with the explanation and his non-concern of my identity theft. The offer to alleviate the concern translated to about 5 minutes of my time when I had to spend hours getting it fixed. BEWARE.
Watch your bill when staying here.

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire? Share your experiences!